Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Medical420

Plants drooping badly.

31 posts in this topic

Hi guys I’m new here. 

I will start a diary and list all of the stuff  using later on today. For now I’m hoping some of you guys can help.

i was watering my plants with feed every 2 days and leaving the coco to get dry in between.  I now understand that it should be done every day and never left to get dry like soil. So yesterday I gave them enough feed to give them 20% run off, there not sat in their own run off either. I’m using 16 litre root pouches and they took about 1900ml each to achieve 20% runb off.

plants are even worse this morning does that mean they were actually over watered? Although I’ve always let them get dry. Any advice appreciated thankyou!!

Welcome

how old are the plants and what temps have u been recording at root temps?

If you let coco dry out or get near drying out you will cause root death in those places and expect to see it reflected in the plant above. But if you keep the coco warm and damp all the time basically the more feedings the better as it pushes air into the coco. 

Big plants are relatively safe and become bombproof in coco but small ones can be overwatered when they have tiny root systems, and in this cold weather anything below 20c at the pot will cause bad shit to happen. Like drooping and all types of feeding issues , too death. 

Some pics would be nice as they speak a thousand words. 

zz

2 people like this

hows the air flow

11 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

Hi guys I’m new here. 

I will start a diary and list all of the stuff  using later on today. For now I’m hoping some of you guys can help.

i was watering my plants with feed every 2 days and leaving the coco to get dry in between.  I now underastand that it should be done every day and never left to get dry like soil. So yesterday I gave them ehnough feed to give them 20% run off, there not sat in their own run off either. I’m using 16 litre root pouches and they took about 1900ml each to achieve 20% runb off.

plants are even worse this morning does that mean they were actually over watered? Although I’ve always let them get dry. Any advice appreciated thankyou!!

The plants are just 4 weeks old. Temps are between 22-26 lights on drop to 19 lights off sometimes. Usually 20+

I have a 6 inch extractor through rhino pro I think it’s overkill

using 14 litre root pouches.

will upload pics in a sec when I’ve figured how haha 

Thankyou 

leave the light on 24/7 mate I would . To keep the constant temp , at least till they are a bit older .

No such thing as overkill on extraction , good airflow is really important. 

You may find the plants look worse before they get better. Warmth and constant damp coco and they will recover and take off.

zz

2 people like this

I think 14/16 litres might be too big a pot at the moment. Have you been potting up starting in smaller pots and getting gradually bigger as they grow? Sounds like a over watering to me.

3 people like this

No, I realise I should of potted up, I went from really small straight into final.

i was told this would be fine as long as I only water couple hundred ml well there only tiny. Lastnight I gave them the most they have had to make all the coco damp.

not sure what to do next. 

Light has just gone off. Temp is 20

all droopy and coco damp. 

Thanks mate 

Where are u taking the temp readings from? 

If its not a covered unshaded probe or its half way up the tent? then the pots will be a few degrees colder. The large pots will be wet and damp and cold and therefore the roots wont be able to uptake food and grow and the plant begins to die basically. 

If you have just potted up within the last week you could dig them out and put them into some thing double the size of the pot they came from, then let them root out that and so on. 

Or you could take a chance and maintain heat , give no more feed unless plant is visibly growing and coco has become lighter and dryer looking. Then feed a little just to make coco damp again, fuck the run off at this stage. If it goes well within a week or 2 the plant will put its roots down and be growing rapidly by the second week. 

Be warned if the roots are cold and they stay cold , the plant can easily die at that age. 

zz

4 people like this

Once a plant in coco is rooted out and growing its impossible to overwater. The more feeds the better actually . That is where coco really acts like hydro and nothing like soil, and also the growth you see is hydro growth all day long. 

zz

2 people like this

+1 for getting them into smaller pots. 6 litre ones should be OK.

1 person likes this

They have been in their final pots from when I got them as cuttings.been fine until now. Probe had been in a shaded area at top of pot level, should I put one on floor and one at canopy level? 

I was worried about only watering small circles round the plant as the rest of the coco was bone dry. I’ll put some pics on in a min. Should i leave them in dark now as normal or change light. Don’t want them to die!! 

Thabks so much for help really appreciated.

1 person likes this

I agree it would be safer to do that , less chance of them dying.

zz

That’s less than half of what there in now? Will that not stress them even more cause I will have to pot them up again? Or do you mean down size pots and leave them in that size 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

They have been in their final pots from when I got them as cuttings.been fine until now. Probe had been in a shaded area at top of pot level, should I put one on floor and one at canopy level? 

I was worried about only watering small circles round the plant as the rest of the coco was bone dry. I’ll put some pics on in a min. Should i leave them in dark now as normal or change light. Don’t want them to die!! 

Thabks so much for help really appreciated.

So your mate who told you to just give a little bit of feed in big pots is a plum lol, when the roots reach out beyond the damp into the dry they are killed, bad advice imo. 

Anyway re temps especially over the winter I really wanna know what temps are at root level , bottom of the pot and top as well. 

If you aint heating at all then lights out its gonna drop 17 16 15 even lower these past few nights have been cold . So I would leave the light on. It can only provide heat and light that will be greatly needed. No dark periods. 

How long ago did you put the plants into the big root pouches?

zz

Edited by zztopbudz
spelling
2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

That’s less than half of what there in now? Will that not stress them even more cause I will have to pot them up again? Or do you mean down size pots and leave them in that size 

Yeh I mean downsize brother. 

Say u had them in 1 litre pots originally, I would go 3.5l then 6.5l then 9.5l 

zz

2 people like this