Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Burns

Proactive Nutrients

Hey guys,

Anybody out there using the Proactive Nutrients range by any chance?

There's no info out there at all really regarding it and I'm about to start using it myself shortly. 

I'm intrigued by the single part nutrient for grow and bloom and also the concentration of the the stuff with it being industrial/commercial strength.

I've got the full range and will be starting shortly once my cuttings root, any feedback about it is much appreciated. :yep:

I might actually start a grow diary thinking about it, not done one for about 6-7 years. lol

Cheers,

Burns

1 person likes this

You get this from your local grow shop?? 

Its by Jeff winterbourne I think, hes  into making Nutrients for big commercial company's now I hear...

1 person likes this

Hi @panik,

Yeah it's from my local hydo store and from my understanding it's endorsed by Jeff Winterbourne but I don't think he has anything to do with the manufacturing process.

I emailed them (Proactive) with a few questions about their range earlier this week and Jeff actually called me today and we had a good 30-40 minute chat. He seems a decent bloke who knows what he's talking about and I thought it was nice that he took the time to give me a call himself.

He's extremely enthusiastic I'll say that :yep:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Burns said:

Hi @panik,

He's extremely enthusiastic I'll say that :yep:

He always is mate , this is his game his passion he's been in the business a long time ,I learnt a lot from long chats with him many years ago,   he knows his stuff ,  some people on here dislike the fella though, ... success breeds jealousy in us English , we aint like the Americans were everythings  "right on man fucking awesome dude" lol 

2 people like this

@Burns @panik he wrote a very good grow guide, indoor hydroponic cultivation. That book was never far from hand when I was doing my indoor grow. He does know his stuff and I remember he used to write in weed world too.

1 person likes this

I'm using it.... If you have soft water don't use the water conditioner but apart from that it's looking good so far... It's my first grow with the stuff so just getting the hang of it but it's promising...

Rhombus

The calcium nano powder is a requisite for the range, which means that the ironically named "all in one" can't actually be used stand alone as it contains 0% calcium. I was given the entire range to try by the guys who are wholesaling it now and it's still sat in the cupboard, so I would be keen to know how anyone using it gets on (hint hint do a diary). 

To be honest I quite like the NPK of the product as it contains little phosphorous which is a good thing in my book, I think the calcium thing is a bit sly though.

4 people like this

I'll do a diary on my next time round which will be in the end of April start of May...

Rhombus

I do have a couple of minor issues with the stuff that might seem petty but they are so concentrated that making up small batches for feeding young plants is awkward and the bottle tops hold liquid which makes them messy after shaking and the root stimulator is like thick black ink... Oh yeah and the dilution ratios are totally out, i have to use three times the stated dosage of nutrient to get the desired EC.

Edited by Rhombus23
Forgot a bit

Don’t know if I’m resurrecting a dead thread, but, I’ve used it on a run with a gavita 600w single end.  Got the whole range for nothing but the way my water looks once added puts the shi*es up me for my roots, as it looks rather funky in colour .

plants went yellow at week 6 using half measures, usually with GH 3 part stays green till flush ??

BR

Why are people feeding half strength at week 6 flower??

I mean I get starting them slow/building up etc but by the week 6 flower mark the plants should be full on going for it and as such are at there maximum nutritional requirement..

Half strength?  At week 6 flower I'm feeding max strength with everything I got on the shelf at the time! lol

3 people like this

Innit, lots of charts are weird like that, suggesting you taper off just when they should be at their hungriest. It's probably to make up for the overfeeding they recommend up to that point though lol

I've never heard of proactive nutes but if they sell a calcium carbonate nano powder for foliar, I tried the extreme gardening version and I'm convinced it does nothing whatsoever for growth promotion (actually it cover leaves in reflective white patches). It should reduce things like LSF though (not that I ever get that).

1 person likes this

@GSZZ i thought that avatar looked familiar, but the name made me scratch my head a few times. Hope all is well.

Toke...

Used them once, the results were appalling and the product only fit for the bin