Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


SKELE-TORO

FEMALE SEEDS: Grapefruit VS Iced Grapefruit

49 posts in this topic

Hello. 

Today I will be mostly planting some Grapefruits. 
I'm on the search again for some good genetics to bang into the hydro system next run, so have gone for soil this time!

 

large.IMG_4367.jpg.96d7f590cf8f586211d0a

 

SEED INFORMATION:

ORIGINAL GRAPEFRUIT:

Developed out of a Cindy 99 cannabis, then bred with a fast flowering Sativa for some generations, it has been selected on its strong Grapefruit / Pineapple smell. This generation is selected on shorter phenotypes. She is a super-fast flowering cannabis strain, which will EVEN flower under 24 hours in low light conditions. 
This new style sativa is early maturing, fast flowering and maximum yielding. Stabilised on early maturity for some generations now.

A highly praised cannabis strain and very popular for years, it is recognised for it’s pleasurable happy high, just like the old school sativa landraces. Only the flowering period of the Grapefruit is 8 weeks instead of half a year. It goes very well outdoor where citrus grow.
A true winner!
Flowering time: 60 days 8 weeks
Height: 0,80 - 1m
Seed to harvest: 80 days
Harvest: Medium
Taste / Smell: Soft and sweet yet very present citrus smell and taste, like grapefruit.
Effects: Intense tropical high.

 

ICED GRAPEFRUIT:

This is a most interesting cross between the Grapefruit and ICE, making it the perfect mental painkiller. Where pharmaceutical antidepressants numb feelings, our Grapefruit cannabis makes people feel happy and enlightened, just like the good old Sativa. 
Then the ICE, being one of the strongest cannabis varieties of the world, is more of a physical heavy bodied painkiller. These medical aspects of both cannabis varieties should give this cross some excellent prospects. Giving you the choice to pick out your own perfect keeper, whatever suits your desires.
Expect long big buds with a height around 1.20m. The smell will be very special with the fruitiness of the Grapefruit combined with the black hash ozone of the ICE.
Flowering time: 8 weeks.
Height: 1 - 1,20 m

Seed to harvest: 11-12 weeks
Harvest: High
Taste / Smell: Strong sweet smell and black hashish taste, very medicinal cannabis
Effects: relieves pain and feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Whats in the back pots dude. Done IG before myself & was well impressed, tons of buddage off them, nice & easy to grow, win win

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

dont forget to have some airflow when late in flower these babies are frosty as fuck ..so much resin the humidity goes up 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

yeah those buds get chunky...always promised myself to do this again as i found a devastating day-killer pheno with these(IG), didnt clone, would this time though strength of hit trades punches with any OG iv tried....but the fresh fruity daytime phenos are tasty and kind of creative hit if i remember right....anywayz good luck, should be interesting to see the comparison....:yinyang:

Edited by grotbags
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Robot808 said:

Whats in the back pots dude. Done IG before myself & was well impressed, tons of buddage off them, nice & easy to grow, win win

 

Ahh just some BBC.. don't watch that!  I'm giving these guys one last bash to find the genetic I want, but it appears its gone from the pool! 
I've said it before , but back in the day...  I believe Cheese was originally a Afghan male x Exodus cross. The first run I did I had an amazing mother. it was heavily Afghan swung and was a wonder to grow and smoke. 
I think NOW Big Buddha Cheese is a backcrossed version of itself...  since the change the BBC tends to seem like a watered down Exodus copy, which doesn't have the same warm fuzz I used to get with BBC.   1 Last Roll. 

 

 

18 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

dont forget to have some airflow when late in flower these babies are frosty as fuck ..so much resin the humidity goes up 

 

Yeah mate... The IG's gets ridiculous late on!  Shine an LED torch on them with the lights off :)

The ICE cross really comes through on these babies aswell, Can have some Christmas trees. 

Flavours from Liquoricey - Tropical - Hash all in one puff. 


 

16 hours ago, grotbags said:

yeah those buds get chunky...always promised myself to do this again as i found a devastating day-killer pheno with these(IG), didnt clone, would this time though strength of hit trades punches with any OG iv tried....but the fresh fruity daytime phenos are tasty and kind of creative hit if i remember right....anywayz good luck, should be interesting to see the comparison....:yinyang:

 

Haha My best IG pheno was also a real day wrecker. So damn moreish though!
I feel it's much more body stronger and narcotic than the OG which is gonna be my designated daytime smoke! 
Get those two mixed up and you ain't gonna get much done. 
 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 1 VEG:

 

large.IMG_4442.jpg.f2f12a8798eb06c32a769

10/10 germination on the Female Seeds  (15/15 including BBC) 

2 of the OG's were very slow to show, they have just popped their heads up now. 

One of the 2 late ones looks like it could catch up but the other is a runt I think?  We'll see.

Happy I got 5 strong IG's ready to roll! 

 

large.IMG_4443.jpg.48a5e8c51735a5cdb786e

I have had the light as close as I dare without a fan blowing on them, so they have a couple of scorch spots on the leaves but it's nothing to worry about at this stage. 

It is important I keep them as low as possible to begin with though. 

See ya next week  

 

 

Edited by SKELE-TORO
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, SKELE-TORO said:

Hello. 

Today I will be mostly planting some Grapefruits. 
I'm on the search again for some good genetics to bang into the hydro system next run, so have gone for soil this time!

 

large.IMG_4367.jpg.96d7f590cf8f586211d0a

 

SEED INFORMATION:

ORIGINAL GRAPEFRUIT:

Developed out of a Cindy 99 cannabis, then bred with a fast flowering Sativa for some generations, it has been selected on its strong Grapefruit / Pineapple smell. This generation is selected on shorter phenotypes. She is a super-fast flowering cannabis strain, which will EVEN flower under 24 hours in low light conditions. 
This new style sativa is early maturing, fast flowering and maximum yielding. Stabilised on early maturity for some generations now.

A highly praised cannabis strain and very popular for years, it is recognised for it’s pleasurable happy high, just like the old school sativa landraces. Only the flowering period of the Grapefruit is 8 weeks instead of half a year. It goes very well outdoor where citrus grow.
A true winner!
Flowering time: 60 days 8 weeks
Height: 0,80 - 1m
Seed to harvest: 80 days
Harvest: Medium
Taste / Smell: Soft and sweet yet very present citrus smell and taste, like grapefruit.
Effects: Intense tropical high.

 

ICED GRAPEFRUIT:

This is a most interesting cross between the Grapefruit and ICE, making it the perfect mental painkiller. Where pharmaceutical antidepressants numb feelings, our Grapefruit cannabis makes people feel happy and enlightened, just like the good old Sativa. 
Then the ICE, being one of the strongest cannabis varieties of the world, is more of a physical heavy bodied painkiller. These medical aspects of both cannabis varieties should give this cross some excellent prospects. Giving you the choice to pick out your own perfect keeper, whatever suits your desires.
Expect long big buds with a height around 1.20m. The smell will be very special with the fruitiness of the Grapefruit combined with the black hash ozone of the ICE.
Flowering time: 8 weeks.
Height: 1 - 1,20 m

Seed to harvest: 11-12 weeks
Harvest: High
Taste / Smell: Strong sweet smell and black hashish taste, very medicinal cannabis
Effects: relieves pain and feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Stele-Toro,


Sorry for the late entry but here I am eventually :D

Firstly thank you for getting this lovely grow diary up and running, I am sure we will have some fun. And 100% germination is already a wonderful sign :thumsup:

You have two great and strong genetics right there, ready to take off. I wish you a peaceful and intense grow, I will be following with interest!

 

Take care and thanks once more for starting the thread, much appreciated.

All the best,
Mr B.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Yo Mr B!

 

Yep great germination rate!

What I forgot to say is these 10 seeds used this time were actually the smallest ones of the packs... I had already picked the best looking and biggest ones for the last grow... which also had 100% germ rate. 
Take a look at this X-Men (mutant) OG pheno I have now. interesting... ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 2 VEG:

All good so far!

large.IMG_4615.jpg.f369db1d781722591fef2

 

Time for a pot up!

Iced Grapefruit (left) & Original Grapefruit (right)

Funny... the Iced Grapefruit seemed way more formed up top compared to the OG, but alas they have the same root growth!

medium.IMG_4629.jpg.9c47451c6f9dbb0e21d8medium.IMG_4634.jpg.4d1777438e23e088ddbf

 

This little one is still struggling, but I'm not giving up on her just yet! She's had a pot up along with the rest! 

medium.IMG_4636.jpg.9e32fd410ecf8ff01f6b

 

 

Here are the girls in their new pots...

IG (left) & OG (right)
But, look at the top right OG in comparison to the rest... A Mutant!

I've seen something like this before in a few plants, mainly a Serious Seeds Bubblegum mother with super crinkled leaves , but I have also seen it show on a few other plants although they grew out of it. 

Will have to see what this brings. I'm quite fond of the odd mutant though. :)

medium.IMG_4640.jpg.ed830e0fd7cb2b6620abmedium.IMG_4637.jpg.d0d4d767f592f8706557

medium.IMG_4638.jpg.ce6ee02cd69b910d7537medium.IMG_4639.jpg.23bfca67942bacf324c2

 

This is what I'm smoking on this week... 

Banana Kush Hash, Nicole Kush Hash, Amnesia Lemon Hash, Critical+ (bud)

large.IMG_4612.jpg.7385f6fdf994ac54b9d07

See ya next week...

 

Edited by SKELE-TORO
photo
12 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 3 VEG:

 

And all is well...

large.IMG_4704.jpg.8c8cf66e0f3a49790bcbf

I've just let them get on with it this week.

They had a real good watering at repot, but i thought they would be thirsty by now? nope.

I can see thick white roots at the bottom of the pots but only a couple needed an extra splash of water. 

Now they have a good root system I will have to repot in a few days or so... I'll be pushing it at another week in those pots.  

 

Iced Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4707.jpg.4057f7cc0360d4103278

medium.IMG_4708.jpg.cd13d106e2762fd33875

medium.IMG_4709.jpg.28627945c4df98eedcaa

As you can see the Iced Grapefruits are pretty uniform at this stage.. Nice fat stems yo!  Have to get a good fan now to put them to the test. 

 

Original Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4710.jpg.3b069718ec7017239030

medium.IMG_4712.jpg.4147ef7f27384f40d340

medium.IMG_4714.jpg.c968ab57f9ce116871ae

The Original Grapefruits just wanna go up at this point!

Softer bendier stems on these babes and not much side branching yet.. but I've seen these bush out a serious amount.  

 

I didn't actually want to top them at all this run, so I could see their true growth pattern...  but as usual I couldn't help myself! 

 

Neem spray and Pot up next!

 

Peas. 

 

 

 

large.IMG_4715.jpg.3d9df422f391bdfc8142c

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 4 VEG:

Chugging along nicely...

large.IMG_4810.jpg.a374631f06d405dd219f3

I've had to starve them of water a bit these last days so I could repot easier... although I left it a bit too long. 

Here we go with the repot. 

 

 

Iced Grapefruit: 

medium.IMG_4812.jpg.0adc5e49d1ac421dca52medium.IMG_4814.jpg.29027ca6d4093c88f2a6

medium.IMG_4813.jpg.1373eb88a474804a2219

What can i say?

Nice root system on these babies. Good sturdy stems, very uniform in growth pattern and they staying stout as expected.   Starting to smell already.  Perfect!

 

 

Original Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4815.jpg.fac959e4bde1e29de1e7medium.IMG_4832.jpg.764a619a4ac68f416fd9

medium.IMG_4816.jpg.1e6a13c41f76d1d1d6b8

A bit of variation so far on these ones. Will be interesting to see how they react to the toppin I gave em last week.

They seem a bit flimsy now, but I've just put a little fan on them so they can strengthen up a bit. 

They are very sensitive to nutrients. They are just in light mix and have only had water and they are already clawing slightly.  They'll be fine though. 

 

 

 

large.IMG_4828.jpg.8932fc04bb125b6d78dc2

FULL HOUSE!

With this fresh repot the next 2 weeks there should be some quite explosive growth due. 

Gave them all a good spray of Neem Oil as a saftey precaution and also mixed in some TecFort for good measure. 

Lets' Go.

 

large.IMG_4809.jpg.1b85936e7bf269bf417d7

Also... In a couple of weeks I should have a couple of thousand Mantis running about my grow room laying the smack down!

 

Peas!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 5 VEG:

 

Wow, well they exploded as predicted!

I'm very tempted to flower now as they are gonna be pretty big in flower... and there are 15!

Hmmm?

large.IMG_4917.jpg.acc2445c91f862b17472c

large.IMG_4916.jpg.42e36da4aec5b6ee5bb27

Everything is looking good and healthy at this stage.
I had to make some adjustments in the line up... the taller plants have been relocated to the backs and sides. 

 

Iced Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4907.jpg.f1e2aeebd564d6b5b96dmedium.IMG_4912.jpg.fdbea49f9d2bc71b770c

Perfect.  Choosing a mother is gonna be hard. 

 

Original Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4910.jpg.53e1b11b1bd66dfbb89amedium.IMG_4919.jpg.fa65a234dd17ad9e6614

Getting big quick!  Still pretty bendy at the new growth, hopefully more weight should strengthen them up in flower. 

 

I've just given them a light dose of Fishmix  in case they are lacking any micros.

So.. Let's see if we can go anther week and then flick them lights!

:skin_up:

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

WEEK 6 VEG:

 

Ok...  I daren't push them any more.. they seem like they have filled out the pots to the max! 

I have been periodically removing lots of larger fan leaves up top that were shading the light to the lower bud sites.. they look a bit thinned out now but it will help in the long run. 

I have also taken x2 cuttings of everything. 

large.IMG_4972.jpg.43493c6821745115fbad6

It's quite hard to get them all bushy straight from seed, (especially the Iced Grapefruit) but I've tried my best to top a few times and split the heads up a bit. 

Although now, the Grapefruit is bushing out naturally and beautifully. I would really like to see these perform outside here in Spain... I bet they get fooking massive! 

I may just do that  :)

 

Here are all the cuttings ready to roll.. in compost this time :/ 
Some of these may be future mothers :) 

medium.IMG_4953.jpg.499810ff6b39944280fbmedium.IMG_4955.jpg.dbb91df1a139b4b2c657

 

 

I reckon they're gonna need a bit of support later on, so instead of a tight knitted scrogg net, I've found an large holed elastic one that should just give them enough support and maybe separate the buds slightly. 

large.IMG_4975.jpg.23e2a44e76d647fb3a8f9

large.IMG_4979.jpg.45de4310fc536104aa8f5

They had another shuffle round to optimise the space, and a quick spin round each. 

I really didn't wanna remove them this week so will have to wait till the end to see the finished shape. 

 

I thought I'd just get a shot of the root systems quickly, before doing the final thing this week...

Maxed out. 

medium.IMG_4983.jpg.ead7d8ebf6d5b1a6cf19

 

and finally.... :skull:

 

:idea:12/12:idea:

 

Edited by SKELE-TORO
clones
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, SKELE-TORO said:

WEEK 5 VEG:

 

Wow, well they exploded as predicted!

I'm very tempted to flower now as they are gonna be pretty big in flower... and there are 15!

Hmmm?

large.IMG_4917.jpg.acc2445c91f862b17472c

large.IMG_4916.jpg.42e36da4aec5b6ee5bb27

Everything is looking good and healthy at this stage.
I had to make some adjustments in the line up... the taller plants have been relocated to the backs and sides. 

 

Iced Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4907.jpg.f1e2aeebd564d6b5b96dmedium.IMG_4912.jpg.fdbea49f9d2bc71b770c

Perfect.  Choosing a mother is gonna be hard. 

 

Original Grapefruit:

medium.IMG_4910.jpg.53e1b11b1bd66dfbb89amedium.IMG_4919.jpg.fa65a234dd17ad9e6614

Getting big quick!  Still pretty bendy at the new growth, hopefully more weight should strengthen them up in flower. 

 

I've just given them a light dose of Fishmix  in case they are lacking any micros.

So.. Let's see if we can go anther week and then flick them lights!

:skin_up:

 


Wow! Impressive explosion indeed! You have been vegging enough for sure :D also be careful if not you are going to get some big chunky monsters. Pretty sure both Iced Grapefruit and Grapefruit can perform amazingly well Outdoor,  no doubts about that ;)
And, jeez that Iced Grape. is so bushy! And luckily you even tided it up...I was wondering how light was going to reach some lower branches before you turned to 12/12.
And still, I love that Iced Grape., so uniform and also it's showing its indicaish heritage so well.

The Grapefruit on the other side shows more variation isn't it? Could you tell me a bit more of its phenos?


And that Scrog net...amazing! Oh man, I am going to enjoy the flowering stage so much :woot:

Thanks for the continuos updates Skele-Toro, truly much appreciated mate,

Take care and looking forward to seeing these ladies bulking up some lovely buds!

All the best,
Mr B.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Female Seeds Team said:


Wow! Impressive explosion indeed! You have been vegging enough for sure :D also be careful if not you are going to get some big chunky monsters. Pretty sure both Iced Grapefruit and Grapefruit can perform amazingly well Outdoor,  no doubts about that ;)
And, jeez that Iced Grape. is so bushy! And luckily you even tided it up...I was wondering how light was going to reach some lower branches before you turned to 12/12.
And still, I love that Iced Grape., so uniform and also it's showing its indicaish heritage so well.

The Grapefruit on the other side shows more variation isn't it? Could you tell me a bit more of its phenos?


And that Scrog net...amazing! Oh man, I am going to enjoy the flowering stage so much :woot:

Thanks for the continuos updates Skele-Toro, truly much appreciated mate,

Take care and looking forward to seeing these ladies bulking up some lovely buds!

All the best,
Mr B.

 

 

Yes mate :)

They might not look too massive now... but there's 15 of them and they are gonna streeeeeeeetch. I'm at the height limit I reckon.
We'll see what the stretch does for the next 3 weeks :scared:
I put extra effort into topping the Iced Grapefruit.  I have done them before a while back and this time I wanted little bushes as a pose to phat Christmas trees.  That strain has been dialled in fucking well. Uniform as it was 8+ years ago. 
A personal favourite of mine. 

 

As its gonna be so crowded in there, I have tried to form a somewhat evenly sloped canopy involving all the plants at different heights ... kinda like a scrog without the netting. Although the big OG Grapefruit is going for it now at the back... and this weird Cheese that's doing its own thing in the middle... completely different to the other 4 squat BBC bushes. Random! Looks very male so far. :ermm:

 

I will clear out a bit of the lower canopy at about 3 weeks to help with watering and also to focus the flowering power to the top of the canopy

where the good shit be at :) 

 

Regarding the OG variations, to be fair there isn't much in it right now! 

As I mentioned before, two of the OG were stunted at germination due to seed malformation,  but they pulled through eventually. 

(You can see they are both behind the rest in growth on the previous photo.) 

The smaller one stayed quite small and grew slowly straight, but the other one quickly pulled up and is looking practically the same as the rest now. 

They all have a similar bushy, open structure with plenty of budsites.
I'm looking at the back right or back left OG as potential mothers as they have a perfect structure for a scrog.

They look much more sativa dominant compared to IG. They have very sharp, serrated and aggressive looking leaves but actually they feel really soft, fragile and delicate to the touch.

She likes to stay a more lighter green as I remember that same trait from last time.  She must be a light feeder... Or maybe she just wants more? lol I'm scared to push her.. she looks too sensitive. 
P.S It's only been 3 days and they ALL look like they have stretched alot already :eek:

NUGGETFEST INBOUND...

 

 

 

Edited by SKELE-TORO

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now