Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Novice.Grower

Low odour auto flowering strains?

40 posts in this topic

Hey everyone long time since my last post, I was wondering if anyone knows any good no smell/low odour strains to grow for outdoors/indoors I was looking at Think Different and heard that there's no smell is that true or is there only a hint of the smell?

They all smell, some more than others but they all stink. 

Think different perhaps is low odor but iirc that pertains to growing outdoors.

Whatever you grow you will need a filter, no two ways about it. Once you have a filter you can grow whatever you want

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
10 people like this

You could always try passive extraction and 24 hour lighting. I have grown loads of decent autos like this, and I think it reduces smell massively. Don't know why. You can get away with passive extraction as there is no dark period. I think yield undoubtedly suffers as not so much air exchange, but I still get a few ounces (2-3 usually) from autos such as short stuff / mephisto strains. 

Granted my house smells of weed being smoked anyway, but I do think the smell is minimal doing it this way. Until harvest! 

I've found in the past, growing in a greenhouse, that the plants seem to smell less, unless they are disturbed. That could simply be because you're outdoors and the odour is not within a small space. I've seen it mentioned many times that Northern Lights is low odour, but having never grown it, I don't know.

Indoors, odour should be an irrelevance when it comes to strain choice. You need a carbon filter. Don't go thinking you can choose a strain regarded as having low odour and skip the filter, because you can't. :yep:

@YouAin'tSeenMe, sorry,  but the advice you've given above could get people busted. A filter is as essential a piece of equipment as the light.

Edited by Captain Bonglington
8 people like this

9 minutes ago, YouAintSeenMe said:

You can get away with passive extraction as there is no dark period.

This is the fastest way to get busted if your house is within 200m or anyone

The smell of smoke and the smell of growing weed are two diffferent things.

If my fans go off for ten mins it reeks outside 

You need a filter end of and its bad advice to tell anyone otherwise

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
12 people like this

Thanks for all your replies I was thinking about buying a pc grow box or a grow cabinet but not sure if it will keep prevent smell (will be using a carbon filter too) sorry for all these questions just really new to this.

3 people like this

Aye, and if your house always stinks of weed, smoked or growing, you will become nose blind to it....I've been there...

You might not think it smells, but it fucking stinks to a fresh nose.

@Novice.Grower....I grow in a wardrobe in my bedroom, using a Rhino Pro filter and 4'' fan....There's no smell. Set it up correctly, a sealed space with negative pressure and there should be no issue. :yep:

Edited by Captain Bonglington
5 people like this

@Captain Bonglington that make me seem more relaxed now thank you going to get it all set up hopefully soon

2 people like this

No worries. :yep:

I vent back into the bedroom as well, which isn't ideal, but if there was smell I'd know about it....I get a non smoking but trusted, and sympathetic to the cause nose to have a sniff on occasion and it gets the all clear.

Just do a load of research on here, especially in "design and location" , look at what other folk are doing, ask questions, and you'll be fine. Good luck with your growing! :yep:

3 people like this

Low odour cannabis! lol

7 people like this

Aye, perhaps some stains are lower odour than others, but it all stinks....if it doesn't, it's probably not worth growing. :yep:

2 people like this

I get noseblind within about 2 minutes, probably less, of taking my gals out for watering, I take precautions now - either ona or I get a start on cooking something by sticking a good whack of fish sauce on a light heat. It used to be that Mrs S would stroll through the house spraying  neutra'stuff everywhere while asking me why I wasn't bothered that the entire house reeked of weed... I couldn't smell a thing, she could smell it on a different floor and on the other side of the house!

:shock:

Aye, a filter and reliable extraction fan are fundamental... :v:

4 people like this

I know all strains stink was just wondering which one I could control now that I think it does sound kinda stupid lol @Muppet

2 people like this

You're not going mad @Novice.grower. You enquired about low odour strains and people somehow see the words zero odour instead and respond accordingly.
It always happens.
I grow low odour strains, probably for the same reasons you are looking at them.
The smallest filter they do is 4 inch, which needs a 4 inch fan, which is so powerful it would suck the plants plants clean out of my cab.
So I have to improvise, and that means low odour strains usually with homemade filters.
If you're in a similar boat, have a look at Chronic or Northern Lights genetics and maybe check out the continuous use personal respirator filters like an ABEK1 from sundstrom or 3m.
4 people like this

15 hours ago, v12xjs said:

The smallest filter they do is 4 inch, which needs a 4 inch fan, which is so powerful it would suck the plants plants clean out of my cab.

Just use a controller? 

£20 and it'll run silent. £30 and it can be temperature controlled. 

Low odour strains  :doh:

1 person likes this