Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jimboo

6 NATIONS FIXTURES 2018

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well there's the rugby league peasants too!  I think it's a topic for another thread but at hurling or gaelic football all colours, supporters are mixed and it's the same with most soccer and rugby matches. That doesn't happen so much in premier league, or third division. The large mob following Stan Collymore down the street in France, those guys, they're the minority that give it a bad name. Diving and rolling around in pain gives it a bad name too. 

Luck happens more often in Rugby. There's snobbery too. Some folks won't stand for their anthem because they're supporting the team but their great great grandparents were English,and their folks would not have encouraged Ámhrán na bhFiann. 

England were tough at the end. They didn't make many handling errors. 

Wales were tough, thought it was a faster game. 

Edited by Michael Luchóg

24 minutes ago, bill cooper said:

Utter bollocks that sadly seems to be the view of quite a few MEMBERS on here looking down their nose at football and its working class fans but then it does tend to be the middle-class twats with their head up their own arse that shares this view :doh:

Where I stay the only people who play and go to watch rugby are mainly the rich of which a high percentage are numpties but I would never dream of calling all rugby fans rich numpties  :wassnnme:

Well done Ireland :yep:

In all fairness as far as the fans are concerned, at a rugby match - a big deal match like the England vs Ireland game today for example, the fans mixed in the stands, a lot of beer was drunk. And nobody punched anyone, no chairs were thrown, nobody invaded the pitch and threatened players (unlike the West Ham game the other day). It's not about working class and middle class, it's just a different kind of atmosphere. If I were a parent (which i'm not, fortunately for the child that doesn't exist lol ) I'd be happy to take my kid to a rugby match. Not sure I'd want to take my kid to a football match, even now with all the money. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near the world cup this year (assuming Theresa May doesn't demand that we boycott it :headpain: ), shit is gonna kick off in Russia, even if the British hooligans don't manage to get there, the Russian hooligans are serious - I wouldn't be wearing an England shirt within miles of Russia when the tournament starts :nea:

I love football, but don't try and pretend that it doesn't have a fucking nasty vibe.

2 people like this

Well done Ireland! :toot:  by far and wide the worthy winners and deserved the slam to put the cherry on it :yep: 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, MacGanja said:

Football is gentleman's game played by thugs... Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. I think the same is true for the fans... :yep:

Its not really much of a gentleman's game when the English coach calls Ireland a scummy nation and Wales a shit little country imho

1 person likes this

... The red carpet incident, Making Mary McAleese and Martin Johnson. Walk in the grass Mary. 

Yeah I regret what I said.. And apologise to those who where offended.. I watched the game in a Irish pub on paddys day...  And joined in with the celebrations a bit too much... 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MacGanja said:

Yeah I regret what I said.. And apologise to those who where offended.. I watched the game in a Irish pub on paddys day...  And joined in with the celebrations a bit too much... 

No you shouldn't..I have spent 7 years taking my lad to football league and some of the behaviour I have seen is beyond shocking...a 15yrs ref getting punched by a parent.

Few pints and their team winning and soon the chest beating begins, seen it to many times with a lot of my mates as well.

"Oh it's a bit of banter"...fk off