Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Josh91

2.4m x 1.2m tent how much should I be getting?

62 posts in this topic

Sorry for hijacking the thread but what would be the ideal extraction and intake for that size tent running 2 600 hps??

18 minutes ago, JAPE said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread but what would be the ideal extraction and intake for that size tent running 2 600 hps??

I was using a 6inch RVK L1 but ideally id use an 8inch RVK L1 & put it on a controller, i was only using passive intake but a 4inch RVK would do it if you wanted to use an active intake :yinyang: I would recommend the SMSCOM 4AMP Hybrid Controller, you can plug extract & intake fan into this

Edited by Robot808
4 people like this

@Robot808 cheers mate, will look into it. Only a 4 inch against a 8 inch extraction? Is that with the passive vents open too? 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, JAPE said:

@Robot808 cheers mate, will look into it. Only a 4 inch against a 8 inch extraction? Is that with the passive vents open too? 

yes m8 but doesnt really matter

Ive rarely used an intake fan in all the time ive been growing, i got paranoid incase my extraction fan ever packed in you see cos if that ever happened it would stink your house out with an active intake still going

you could use 4, 5, or 6inch in theory for intake

Edited by Robot808
1 person likes this

Nice 1 mate, been wanting a tent set up for a while now. Looks like I'm gunna have loosen the purse strings

1 person likes this

I’m runnng the same sort of set up with 14 plants and 3 600w lights thinking about adding another 600w to bring to total to 2400w, I will be using air cooled lighting so heat not an issue would this increase my yield?

2 hours ago, Knightshutdown said:

I’m runnng the same sort of set up with 14 plants and 3 600w lights thinking about adding another 600w to bring to total to 2400w, I will be using air cooled lighting so heat not an issue would this increase my yield?

Thats alot of personal smoke you must be a chimney :mellow:

2 people like this

On 24/01/2018 at 9:12 PM, Owderb said:

Done right between 40 and 50oz

Owd

More light should always mean higher yield but not if affects the environment and gets too warm or dry. Its all about balance

Owd

4 people like this

1 gram per watt used during bloom is always my target. Seen guys get 2g + from hps  but usually done using hundreds  of tiny plants. That's jailable for me but a couple of monsters is cool-ish so I'm not In a hurry to try it lol. 

9 hours ago, Captain buckfast said:

1 gram per watt used during bloom is always my target. 

GPW if a totally nonsense way of trying to measure grow efficiency. It really doesn't tell you anything.  If you got 1kg from a 1kw lamp where you vegged for 8 weeks and flowered for 12, is that comparable to getting 600g from a 600w lamp that was vegged for 2 weeks and flowered for 8 weeks.

GPW means nothing . The only was of comparing efficiency is KW/h used for whole cycle.

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

GPW if a totally nonsense way of trying to measure grow efficiency. It really doesn't tell you anything.  If you got 1kg from a 1kw lamp where you vegged for 8 weeks and flowered for 12, is that comparable to getting 600g from a 600w lamp that was vegged for 2 weeks and flowered for 8 weeks.

GPW means nothing . The only was of comparing efficiency is KW/h used for whole cycle.

That's why I said used in bloom mate. Veg time is irrelevant. 4 weeks in hydro would be bigger than 7 weeks in soil and they don't need much light in veg so a lot of people like myself use significantly less light for it. 

The gram per watt thing though. Generally speaking, if you fill the footprint of the light the best you can do is around 1gpw from blurples, 1.5gpw from hps, 2gpw from high end leds. It's Not exact science I realise but in terms of estimation it's a fair guide. If you using 600w for bloom  you should be getting at least 600g. If your not then something needs improving. Seen guys get double that but for most of us non professional growers 1-1.5gpw is about as best as we can do. Doesn't matter if it's an 8week bloomer or a 12 week bloomer. The time taken to flower has no relation to the weight of the buds. That's entirely down to the grower. 

Just now, Captain buckfast said:

Veg time is irrelevant

It's absolutely relevant.  If I drive from london to manchester then fill up my empty tank with 40 l of fuel and get to Edinburgh with half a tank left have I done the journey using 20l of fuel? 

GPW means nothing.:doh:

Its a very basic way of seeing if you are doing ok. Nobody said it was perfect. If you are using a 600w light and get 600grms you've done pretty well. Its a benchmark. Doesn't matter how long you vegged. Its just the end product

But if you want to knit pick then mathematically its not right but this is a generalisation

Owd

1 person likes this

Just now, monkeypig said:

It's absolutely relevant.  If I drive from london to manchester then fill up my empty tank with 40 l of fuel and get to Edinburgh with half a tank left have I done the journey using 20l of fuel? 

GPW means nothing.:doh:

Your not getting me lol. If you veg a plant for a week then flip it it doesn't matter what you do it'll never get more than a few oz. Achieving weight is about filling the footprint of the light with buds.

Each type of light has a limit to how much bud it can produce per square meter. A 100w hps will never produce more than 200g because the absolute limit of what it can grow is around 2gpw providing the entire footprint of the light is utilized.

Doesn't matter if it's been vegged for a month or a year, the limit of what the light can produce isn't gonna change. 

Also doesn't matter if you fill that space with 1 plant or 100 plants. The limit thats achievable from the light will never change.

Why?

Because each watt of light can only produce x amount of bud. And as I've stated up there, for most of us non pro growers, it doesn't matter what we do, the most well get is 1-1,5g per watt of light used during bloom. If you can't hit 1gpw then something needs improving.