Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fizzzy

Help diagnosing please

Hello from the South-West!

This is my first grow. I could really use a second pair of eyes to see what the problem may be, and any help would be amazing! After researching and looking at diagnostic photos my guess is that it could be a... Nitrogen Deficiency?

My Indoor setup:
2 x Skunk No.1 plants. 11ltr pots. 3rd week into Flowering. (Had 2 months of vegetive growth)
Secret Jardin DR60 tent (60x60x170cm).
Mars Hydro 400w LED Light.
Can Rk Fan 100A with filter.
Feeding with Plant Magic Soil Grow and Bloom.

Problems:
Losing bottom leaves. Usually older ones. A hand full every 3/4 days.
Older lower leaves getting brown spots, becoming crispy, thin, droopy and weak.
New growths at the bottom end are a very pale green. Some almost yellow. Weak. Droopy and curling inwards.
Top leaves are suffering few brown spots and tips. White bubbly patches I cant identify?
5% of pistils getting brown tips now too. This is a very recent thing though.

Everything seemed to be going very well until the last 2 weeks of vegetive growth. Few brown spots appeared and some leaves getting crispy. Assumed I over fertilised and eased off it for a couple weeks. (originally doing water,water,feed.) Problem seemed to be getting worse and I realised I could of been too careful and under fertilised. As the plants have started the flowering period the problem seems to be escalating. Since i've done a few soil slurry's and tried to fertilise more frequently. Between 14th and 20th I fed 3 times on half strength bloom (2ml per ltr. Watering each plant just over ltr water every 3 days)

Slurry Results: 
1st Jan: PH: 6.10, EC: 0814 us/cm, PPM 0407.
17th Jan: PH: 6.2, EC: 0880 us/cm, PPM 0444.
23rd Jan: PH: 6.6, EC: 0710 us/cm, PPM 355. (I did water plants first then take the slurry on this one.. would this of fudged the results?)

Im not sure what I should do. From the slurry results I feel like I should keep feeding every time I water until I get higher results..making me think its a deficiency (Nitrogen?). But I'm also worried I may be burning them at the same time. A flush is something I've considered too.

Thanks for any help, Cheers everyone!

large.IMG_20180123_202636.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203053.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203113.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203105.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203154.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203137.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202755.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202854.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203641.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202827.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202919.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202726.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_202738.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203240.jpglarge.IMG_20180123_203833.jpg

All totally natural.  Those are old leaves, they wither and drop when their job is done.  The fan leaves at the top of the plant are taking over.  The low growth at the bottom is yellow due to getting no light.  The light is being blocked out by the healthy plant above.  Plant is perfect if not a touch overfed.  Pinch off the small yellow shoots.  Remove old fan leaves,  the lower ones when they are about 75% withered.

Crack on bloke.  Lovely plant and a good first attempt.

My advise is always pish though, I'm not a good diagnosis guy so hold out for a better opinion.....

;)

6 people like this

Older leaves will get scabby and fall off. 

You haven't underfed that plant. The tips of some leave are slightly clawed and the colour is enough to know she's got enough feed. It isn't poisoned either. 

The smaller leaves and shoots at the lower end of the plants can be nipped off. They look droopy though. Keep the roots warm and don't over water like I have done once or thrice. 

2 people like this

That's some tight nodes.  I reckon it grown in a biscuit tin.  That's a compliment in my wee world.

;)

3 people like this

Colour is nice in general, don't increase the strength of food at all. Skunk number 1 is a lovely lovely plant. I have 6 im due to harvest this week, however I had a mars hydro 600w equivalent and it was frying them so I had to take it down and stick with my air cooled HPS. But it doesn't seem to be the case with yours. My leaves started drying and crisping up from the bottom and eventually made its way higher. I opened a thread on here as I thought it was down to a deficiency and @tigseyjnr helped me note it was heat or light stress that made my leaves yellow and curl. Since I removed the LED it didnt get worse and ive made it through to the end with a lovely, dense set of plants. Those LEDs are strong mate, keep them high. Keep it simple and your on for some nice smoke, I love how the LED makes the leaves form, I had fan leaves bigger than bathroom flannels. But its an art form getting it right within the first few grows. 

Ill link the thread I opened though, you might just gain something from it, if not it doesnt harm to read. I dont think yours is much to worry about. 

Thanks for all the kind and helpful replies. I feel a lot better! I'll keep my eyes pealed and carry on growing. :)

Cheers @Phoenix, I'll make sure to pinch off the necessary leaves and watched my feeding. I read somewhere that the ideal EC for a flowering plant should be between 1.2 - 2. Mine are currently at 710 us/cm (Guessing thats a 0.7). Should I try to aim for a higher reading eventually.. or just go off what the plant tells me visually?

Real helpful link @Magicmunchietree. And LED strength taken on board. I'll keep my lights high! They are about 14" from the top of the plants at the minute (think Mars Hydro suggest between 10-16" during flowering) But I'm sure putting them higher will be a good move considering my small space / biscuit tin :innocent:.

@Fizzzy just keep reading the plant.  Good job.  

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Fizzzy said:

Real helpful link @Magicmunchietree. And LED strength taken on board. I'll keep my lights high! They are about 14" from the top of the plants at the minute (think Mars Hydro suggest between 10-16" during flowering) But I'm sure putting them higher will be a good move considering my small space / biscuit tin :innocent:.

You will lose some par raising them up. But not to the point they will suffer. My LED at 21 inches, in the centre of the footprint is 1700 PAR, I felt a tad stupid not realising at first it was the light that fried by beautufil baby. If you can, get a PAR report for your model.

1 person likes this