Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aphatspliff

Cindy 99

65 posts in this topic

Looking to run some C99 seeds at some point in the hope of finding a nice pheno or 2, or if if I'm real lucky the pineapple one I've read about :woot:

I see a few breeders do a C99, was especially looking at the Brothers Grimm one. Anyone rate them? Any others out there you guys recommend?

Cheers,

Aphat :spliff:

1 person likes this

The brothers grim are a remake mate and most of the growers that jumped on them when they were released expecting the c99 of old were dissappointed and have been very vocal about it on some international forums.

If your wanting the c99 that made a name for itself go with joey weed.

2 people like this

Think female seeds c99 has had some good results on the boards 

3 people like this

I grew a couple of females from some Mosca Negra C99 seeds. They were some pretty good plants, but I don't know how like the original C99 they were. I got my clones mixed up and kept the wrong one, was quite gutted about that.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

The brothers grim are a remake mate and most of the growers that jumped on them when they were released expecting the c99 of old were dissappointed and have been very vocal about it on some international forums.

FFS, I bought some of these a few weeks ago :rolleyes: 

E2a, Apparently the female seeds c99 is from original stock, bloody typical I have a 4 pack from a while ago now and didn`t sow them because of hermie issues in the c99x , can`t fucking win lol 

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

I grew the female seeds version for a couple years and really liked it. I had a fairly even split between pineapple and grapefruit phenos. 

I tried Moscas last year but unfortunately didn't find anything that compared. I've seen other people get good results from them so maybe i was just unlucky.

I've bought another 10 pack of the FS version to see if they live up to my memories.

3 people like this

I've done the original C99 from about 2003 and grew it for three years. I gave the mum to a friend to look after while I went to Nepal and she'd flowered it when I got home. I was mad as hell!

I tried the Female seeds version and the Mosca but neither matched the original. The Female seeds one was the closest and almost identical in appearance. It just didn't quite have the taste and buzz. I was excited to see Brothers Grimm were doing C99 again although they are pricey. If there's isn't like the original, then Female seeds is your best bet.

Here's a couple of pics of the original. I got the seed in a mixed pack from Gypsy Nirvana (what happened to him?) at Seedsdirect in the Dam. It was his GN03 collection which also has Sweettooth 3, White Himalayan Haze, C99, Blockhead and Stonehedge. I grew all my plants from clone after the original seed was done. I was lucky to get a really nice pheno with a sweet pineapple taste. It was a mad high and not for beginners.

large.c99full64d12_12.jpglarge.5a65f2ccb6397_c99buds64days12_12.jpg

Edited by bearukc
13 people like this

Gipsy runs icmag @bearukc hes been in the slammer in manilla on trafficking charges(the rezdog debarcle) and recently got out.

The fs c99 was bred from his gno3 so should be similar..

4 people like this

I`m pretty pissed off that Bros Grimm isn`t what it`s supposed to be, they are certainly charging fucking premium prices, fucking con! 

6 people like this

Gotta say even tho found a couple keepers out of brothers grim c99 most of it was shit after a few packs where cracked! Got G13 labs cindy on the go at the moment a lot better turn out than brothers grim. Done the G13 labs cindy a few times has always been good wish I didn't listen to the brothers grim hype off my mate from the start and stayed with G13 labs from the offset! lol

TS

2 people like this

lol thats me suckered as well as I got a pack when they came out, and they've been in the fridge waiting their turn. Back to the bottom of the list they go lollol 

3 people like this

Cheers for the input people. Glad I put this thread up now as the old ones I'd read about the Bros Grimm had me drooling and very nearly parting with 120 quid! :huh:

Not a massive fan of fems, but tempted to give the Female Seeds one a go for the price. Only smoked Pineapple Express a friend had done years ago and loved the pineapple terps :blushing:

@bearukc that's one impressive looking lady you had there. Sorry to hear of your loss!

2 people like this

Ive got a pack and I been looking around for these bad reports but can't find much. Seen a few good ones and a few mixed, I'll be popping mine this year so I guess i'll let you know. 

6 people like this

I take it they're a recently purchased pack @BDG? Would love to see a diary or just a smoke report if you get round to it :yep:

1 person likes this

@Aphatspliff I dont do well with diarys due to me bipolar, aspergers and wot not lol

I'll post back once they get grown and smoked not that I've got much to compare to as I have never sampled the original stock.

Got to be worth a look though, I've got some cindy xx fem freebies to run alongside those regs too!

2 people like this