Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AnxiousWreck420

Anxiety and Depression Friendly Strains

35 posts in this topic

Yeah I'm managing that racy feeling better than I was a few months ago. Tolerance has slowly rebuilt from the 7-8 year break I had taken but I can see that it takes time to adjust and give in to the feeling and not fight it. Grapefruit got me curtain twitching on first try but I think that was more a reflection on my state of mind than anything. The SSH has helped my partner too which is a feat as she normally don't like straying away from cbd products. I don't know if I've already mentioned it but I also found that topping any bowl with cbd hemp kief managed to tame some sativas I was struggling with. Could be a handy tip for anyone struggling with anxiety or for anyone wanting to try mixing cbd with their smoke

3 people like this

its all about the heavy stones for me, too busy monging out to remember to be anxious lol

a rushy sativa / haze (ammo, ssh) is good fun in the right situation but can be a trigger and set me on a bad train of thought if not doing much...

stardawg has been the stand out strain for me recently, but 'proper' cheese has always been my go-to when it was available.

hope you find what your looking for! :smokin:

1 person likes this

You can purchase cbd products, might be worth using them along side smoking herb, I’ve just ordered some crystals to mix with my extracts 

1 person likes this

I had anxiety  to the point where 80% of my hair fell out through stress....started doing weight training 3 times a week....stress gone...hair grew back...and i can smoke any strain i want now.

So for me mate get doing some exercise then smoke what you want marra :yep:

3 people like this

I struggle with anxiety and depression which I believe is down to sleep deprivation, the more anxious I get the less I sleep until the point of break down in which I spend a few days crying constantly and having very dark thoughts.  When I'm very low I find micro doses help as it relaxes me just enough to eat and doesn't make me overthink.

Atb

2 people like this

Side effects of epilepsy meds is what has done it for me. I can smoke anything though tbh, nothing seems to trigger it, just help, only the right stuff though, not all. Most street weed doesn't even get me stoned, it's like it's getting you 'there' but you don't get fully stoned if you get what I mean.

I have been on epilepsy meds since I was 8 and they've not agreed well with me really. I'm currently going onto a new one now, so see how that goes. I get anxiety and mood swings mainly and cannabis helps, a lot, and for seizures them self too.

Edited by Conspiranought
1 person likes this

On 12/02/2018 at 3:08 PM, VikingDee said:

You can purchase cbd products, might be worth using them along side smoking herb, I’ve just ordered some crystals to mix with my extracts 

What the crystals like? I've found it hard to judge cbd on its own, i can feel it working but cant put it in words. I chugged on the cbd kief one night and it made me drowsy and tired. I thought i noticed the physical effect remain but the cerebral high was tamed when mixing thc and cbd. I do wonder how much is placebo with me though

4 hours ago, golf.007 said:

I struggle with anxiety and depression which I believe is down to sleep deprivation, the more anxious I get the less I sleep until the point of break down in which I spend a few days crying constantly and having very dark thoughts.  When I'm very low I find micro doses help as it relaxes me just enough to eat and doesn't make me overthink.

Atb

I can relate easily with this, this was the cycle I was stuck in for 2 years whilst at work and uni. Trying to get help from the doctors led me to morphine and diazepam and countless attempts with different antidepressants only to have it used against me by my own doctor. I rekindled my relationship with cannabis after listening to friend talk me round- I'd convinced myself it was why I was in this position after listening to misinformation. It's given me the power to overcome and its taught me how to control it, as a side effect it has also helped me with my back pain enough to complete daily exercises. My back feels stronger and younger again. I still have an anxiety around smoking though, i get by this using extreme caution and discretion. This is something I'd like to work on as I'm tired of living a double life around friends and family and neighbours. Its forums like this that really allow us to be ourselves, thanks for sharing

4 people like this

I think that one of the main reasons that I get anxiety and paranoia when vaping or smoking is due to the stigma and legal situation that we find ourselves in. 

I always think to myself that I must stink of it or look really high and then start having more intrusive thoughts .... but really it all stems from that legality and stigma IMHO.

I am looking into good strains for social situations so when I smoke I don't trigger social anxiety. 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, AnxiousWreck420 said:

What the crystals like? I've found it hard to judge cbd on its own, i can feel it working but cant put it in words. I chugged on the cbd kief one night and it made me drowsy and tired

I’ve not tried crystals yet, I’ve grown cbd and bought Kief and extract, might be a placebo effect but I find it works for me

1 person likes this

I prefer Sativa doms for the up high but they are also the type that can trigger paranoia etc (for me anyway). I personally find its down to dosage. If I hit the first smoke of the day to hard, no matter what strain I am in for a dose of paranoia & anxious overload. I now make sure I only have a couple of tokes on the first smoke of the day. Once the buzz has kicked in & then faded I am generally ok to have at it. I have also found that if I do accidentally over do the 1st smoke of the day a large alcoholic drink (I know technically a depressant) can bring me out of the bad vibes & set me back up. No good for someone who is toking in the morning or as has to drive etc. I like to set up my weekend evening smoke with a large glass of red wine consumed at pace :-)  I then leave the wine alone & get stuck into the green. Works for me but everyone is different. You need to experiment long term with strains & dosage.

If you are already in a delicate state before having a smoke you are obviousley going to have a higher chance of having bought once you are high.

1 person likes this

On 11/02/2018 at 3:38 PM, AnxiousWreck420 said:

I also found that topping any bowl with cbd hemp kief managed to tame some sativas I was struggling with. Could be a handy tip for anyone struggling with anxiety or for anyone wanting to try mixing cbd with their smoke

Yeah, I've found high cbd strains cut right through any edginess in a high and bring me back into my comfort zone.

It's good stuff to have around.

2 people like this

On 14/02/2018 at 3:09 PM, magik1953 said:

I think that one of the main reasons that I get anxiety and paranoia when vaping or smoking is due to the stigma and legal situation that we find ourselves in. 

I always think to myself that I must stink of it or look really high and then start having more intrusive thoughts .... but really it all stems from that legality and stigma IMHO.

I am looking into good strains for social situations so when I smoke I don't trigger social anxiety. 

I get exactly the same thought pattern. I'm getting better at it, eg i dont particularly care of the consequences  but I know how others judge so quickly. 

2 people like this

Just had a really bad night of panic and anxiety not able to sleep one wink with lots of tears and dark thoughts, when I'm like this weed does not help at all,Valium is very tempting as I have a few backup in the cupboard just incase butothankfully last night I didn't have any and just rode it out with green tea (which definitely calms me down)and the Winter Olympics.

now its light outside I'm calm my appetite for  weed particularly dabs is back and all I want is a nice brain hug.

:haveadab:

4 people like this

@golf.007 Have you tried guided medititation? 

Download headspace on your phone and give it a whirl. 

I beat my panic attacks onto submission and took complete control over my mind again in days with it at a time I thought I was starting to lose my mind.

All the best mate. Hope your feeling better soon.

4 people like this