Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AnxiousWreck420

Anxiety and Depression Friendly Strains

35 posts in this topic

After too many bad experiences with certain strains, I have set myself a couple of rules that I follow when acquiring my meds that I thought might help others with a similiar problem.

Firstly, I check Leafly: I look for the effects and stay away from any that have an anxiety or paranoid characteristic. Next I read a couple of the highest rated reviews on the leafly app. The reviews sometimes have some gems amongst them that allow for a more subjective look at the effects and in more detail.

I would recommend being wary of sativas and some hybrids but don't  write them all off, there are some out there NY Sour D, Green Crack, Stardawg and Tangie have all been very kind to me recently. I have taken to having a daytime strain , like one of the above, that provides uplifting creative energy without the edgey butterflies in my stomach. I like to remain functional during the day and am especially drawn to strains that enhance music and creativity as this is when I get most of my work done. 

Come evening time I enjoy a nice indica body stone that quitens my mind for meditation and eventually sleep. Again I check leafly but find most indicas fine. I tend to stick to any of the kush varieties but have recently branched out to include certain hybrids like gorilla glue, cookies kush, cheese. I look forward to trying more and more strains and broadening my palette. I've mentioned it elsewhere but I have also been experimenting with cbd hemp flower which can be vaped and smoked which has produced some good pain relief and muscle/mind relaxant properties. I am also trying some cbd kief that comes in 2g pots and can be smoked or vaped. It is high strength and has put me to sleep on nights when I am out of meds.

I hope this helps someone or if anyone has some strain suggestions or advice, please do tell.

3 people like this

I can vouch for Nordle mate, I`ve recently cut and dried mine and made some nice hash with the trim. I would say it`s ideal if you have tendencies for the first smoke of the day to take your mind to the places you tend to avoid. I find it nice and gentle but still has a kick, and the hash is superb too. 

8 people like this

oaxacan  great daytime sativa 

1 person likes this

Since growing again, I've run out a fair few strains and up to now, for anxiety the best has been the Industrial Plant CBD but not so good if depressed and for both especially depression the Power Africa I grew was fantastic...actually it's one of the most enjoyable smokes I've had the pleasure to partake in. 

We're all different and same therefore as the ganja.

4 people like this

8 minutes ago, ratdog said:

I can vouch for Nordle mate, I`ve recently cut and dried mine and made some nice hash with the trim. I would say it`s ideal if you have tendencies for the first smoke of the day to take your mind to the places you tend to avoid. I find it nice and gentle but still has a kick, and the hash is superb too. 

Awesome will keep an eye out for it. You hit the nail on the head there, yes I would rather avoid that in future. It sometimes has the ability to ruin my day and set me back which is polar opposite of my desired effects

3 people like this

They aren't for sale at many places, but I've been looking at Antenna Seeds for a new daytime smoke. He's been breeding lines specifically to help control his manic depressive symptoms, mainly working with clear headed, upbeat, haze type highs without the 3+ month flowering times.

I've ordered a pack of his Headgames 3 to try out. If it comes close to the description I'm in for a treat...

My friends always say that c99 makes them feel extra creative, but it can have a bit of a psychedelic edge in higher doses. Brothers Grimm's Genius crosses are supposed to have similarly creative highs with less edginess.

I'm a fan of the Bubba crosses I've tried for evening smoke. The Ox keeper I have is sweet, tasty, warm and gentle. Not the most interesting high, but not as boring as a lot of indica highs can be.

Edited by Bubbles Depot
4 people like this

Channel+ by Medical Seeds is great for me personally. I have anxiety and depression (not bipolar but have those tendencies). Channel+ makes me very calm, upbeat and creative feeling. 

Blues (cut) is awesome. Very calming, relaxing, anti-anxiety and also sociable, anti-depression and creative.It also keeps me on the level, rather than going up and down like a flippin yoyo. I'm hoping the UGORG version of Blues is similar as I have 5 on the go now. 

3 people like this

I can vouch for cbd crew nordle as well.  I have smoked it during a period of anxiety and it was just what I wanted

2 people like this

Blue shark , cbd power plant ,critical mass cbd , have all been really good for me just finishing up purple orange cbd the colours in it are quite spectacular smells amazing 

1 person likes this

It sounds like a jump but I recommend dabbing, I’m much the same, suffer from anxiety and depression but I find extracts and hash a lot less heady, even beneficial to my symptoms, everybody’s different but I know what strains suit me and even the bud that doesn’t it ok once it’s been processed. Maybe it’s the terp effect 

4 people like this

I was vaping and eating it, didn't like it so much in a joint.

1 person likes this

Sick Meds Wonder Kush is a nice feel good indica strain, the buzz is all warm and fuzzy like, no anxiety at all with her, just a nice feeling body stone that makes you feel happy and contented. Not really couchlock although it is nice and relaxing but you can get things done if need be.

She tastes nice too, very lemon cough sweets and a bit piney too, she is my favourite bed time strain.

I found a keeper from flowering out 1 female

Edited by Smokebelch
2 people like this

I had another couple of finds this week, one surprised me and has changed my mind on sativa dom strains, Super Silver Haze. I gave it a wide berth for a while as I had some preconceptions on anything with Haze in the name, my thinking being that it would be racey. I was wrong again, the intoxicating relaxation that hits instantly, easily counters the uplifting and energising effects. Its a great daytime strain that offers a good mood lift for anytime of day. I enjoy medicating with a coffee in the morning and SSH has been a great juxtaposition when paired with my evening smoke, Black Domina, another great strain from the opposite end of the spectrum

5 people like this

Just seen the thread and instantly thought SSH. Glad you found it! It’s an amazing strain and so much variety depending on dosage. A great strain to meditate with. 

Some other good hazes wich could help are liberty haze and 420 haze. Used to get a lot of 420 haze from dam but having a quick look can’t find the seeds.

And Hawaiian haze if abraxas ever bring up their seed website again! 

Edited by B0bbyBuds
2 people like this

Haven't been lucky enough to try any cbd heavy strains thus far, but of all the many strains I have tried I would put grapefruit diesel at the top, solely for depression. It can be a tad racy for the first 10/15 mins but after that i find its pure joy, care free and really creative. 

1 person likes this