Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FarmerPalmersNT

Infused honey, the proper way!

18 posts in this topic

large.20180120_132751-380x614.jpg

Been trying an array of various methods with varying success and flavour. This one seems to be a winner! 

The game changer for me is the use of lecithin, allowing you to emulsify a coconut oil extract. Not a fan of the lecithin taste so have used the minimum. It makes a very big difference to the amount needed to send you skyward. For me, 1tsp seems to do it, although further investigation is required as I was dabbing too. Perfect for a slice of toast or cup of tea. Of course can be used in any recipe requiring honey. 

Ingredients (makes about 800ml honey, around 120 servings) :

3/4 cup coconut oil

18g of good quality ground decarbed bud

1 tsp organic sunflower lecithin 

Approx 650g honey

1.Decarb the bud at 110c for 45min (look online if you are not sure how to do this) 

2.Place in a jar with the coconut oil in a bain marie at a simmer for 2 1/2 hours

3.Place cheesecloth inside a seive and pour through the oil/bud into a pot/bowl

4.Twist and strain out all remaining oil from bud, which can be used for cooking if you are so inclined, or binned if you are a bud emporer like me

5.Stir lecithin through oil thoroughly and add slowly to warm honey, stirring constantly 

6.Stir a bit more 

7.and some more

8.Decant into container of choice 

9.Make an unecessarily elaborate label because you've been licking your fingers the whole time and are wasted

FIN

8 people like this

Yip I'd use the lecithin because mine turned out like this without it

honey.jpg

3 people like this

It's not too late. Warm it up, whack some in and shake. Sorted. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

It's not too late. Warm it up, whack some in and shake. Sorted. 

I already turned it into flapjacks mate

1 person likes this

Fair enough! 

Looks nice :yep:

I keep bees and have tried a few different things. 

A guy in France trained his bees to collect resin and make honey with it. That’s the real stuff. 

large.E64A57EA-76F5-4AF8-AE70-4CF9A5227005.jpeg

Edited by PureSmkr
9 people like this

1 hour ago, PureSmkr said:

A guy in France trained his bees to collect resin and make honey with it. That’s the real stuff. 

Wow... That's crazy... How do you train bees? He should pack up shop and move to the emerald triangle...you would never suspect bees  to be the reason for your low potency outdoor weed.. 

1 person likes this

So around 2-2.5g of oil to 800ml, servings around .20mg. Nice something I'd like for the cupboard, maybe good for wounds as well?

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Ital said:

So around 2-2.5g of oil to 800ml, servings around .20mg. Nice something I'd like for the cupboard, maybe good for wounds as well?

Deffo a LOT more than that in mine :) - 3/4 cup is about 170ml. IF you did 2-2.5g then, yeah you could make some nice microdose honey.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

Deffo a LOT more than that in mine :) - 3/4 cup is about 170ml. IF you did 2-2.5g then, yeah you could make some nice microdose honey.

My mistake with the decimal point... 20mg/serving. I'll normally make 100mg flapjacks ,which are strong if consumed whole but recently read most lozenges etc are around 10mg.

My brownies probably sit at around 40mg each as I make super-strength clarified cannabutter, but is tricky to find the sweet spot as 40mg is a hell of an increment and they are very easy to keep eating. What I like about the honey is that you can be way more precise.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, PureSmkr said:

I call BS on this one really. I'm sure they could potentially collect and make resin based honey/propolis, but even if they did - it wouldn't be decarbed so I just don't see it working TBH. Would love to be proved wrong though. 

2 people like this

Call me sceptical but my guess is that those buds have been covered in sugar water or similar, and the whole thing is a big con. Suckered a lot of folks if it is! 

2 people like this

Wouldn’t they have to be male plants to have pollen for the bees to collect ?

thats how bees and honey works right? 

Lil d.