Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BadNoob

Auto Light Cycle

22 posts in this topic

Do any experienced auto growers know if a 24/0 cycle is ok? I've found contradicting information, for instance a few hours darkness helps with resin production and allows plant to finish photosynthesis, as well as some who say 24/0 start to finish for maximum yield.  I've had it on 24/0 for the first 3 days and was hoping to switch it down to 20/4 to save some money, but after only 2 hours darkness my temp has dropped from 23 c   to 14 c, despite having a tube heater and a well insulated room. So is it best to leave on 24/7, or find a better way to maintain temps at lights off? 

Thanks all

I always did 24 hours lights on... i always had shite results mind with autos.. but if i was to do them again i would give them 20-4.. but there is people here like blackpoolbouncer who has incredible results with autos 24hrs on. 

electric blanket has sorted me for lights off mate. 

Grinder

Edited by GrinderMan
2 people like this

If 24/0 means best for your temps then that's what's best for your plants.

I advocate 24/0. If you'd like some confirmation have a look in my autos gallery 

4 people like this

Wow, your plants look amazing. 24 it is then. Thanks for the advice man, so much easier to hear it from someone who knows than trawling through thousands of pages of google search. I see you've used LST on a lot of them and vertical supports on some others, is that dependent on the strain you're growing? 

1 person likes this

I'd leave them on 24/0 until you sort the lights out temp, try putting a large container of water in there, I've found a 20l container has done as much for temps as a 55w tube heater. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I'd leave them on 24/0 until you sort the lights out temp, try putting a large container of water in there, I've found a 20l container has done as much for temps as a 55w tube heater. 

I do actually have a 10l bucket full in there, with a towel in it as a wick, kind of a home made humidifier. Obviously this adds moisture to the air but I'm interested to know how does it help temps? Should I stick another bucket in?  RH is around 50 at the moment,

1 hour ago, GrinderMan said:

I always did 24 hours lights on... i always had shite results mind with autos.. but if i was to do them again i would give them 20-4.. but there is people here like blackpoolbouncer who has incredible results with autos 24hrs on. 

electric blanket has sorted me for lights off mate. 

Grinder

Thanks man, do you use a standard electric blanket for a bed or heated propagation mats? I looked into this but never got round to buying anything.

@BadNoob normal bed blanket m8 they work a treat.

Im running 24/0 on autos its awesome.. no probs with controlling ur temps. My blanket is only on setting 1, my oil rads nearly off :D

2 people like this

1 hour ago, BadNoob said:

I see you've used LST on a lot of them and vertical supports on some others, is that dependent on the strain you're growing? 

I just do whatever I feel like to get what I am trying to achieve.

I never really have a plan or a set way. I did a few different methods because I showcased them in my diary to show what can be done and how to do it and different ways to end up with a full tent. It shows how to get the very most out of 1,2 or 4 plants in a dr80.

Most of the time I just lst. The scrog frames were good though and may possibly go back to them at some point.  

If you are growing autos reading my diary will save you a lot of googling and false info. It is a how to grow big yielding autos guide

All the best

4 people like this

1 hour ago, BadNoob said:

I do actually have a 10l bucket full in there, with a towel in it as a wick, kind of a home made humidifier. Obviously this adds moisture to the air but I'm interested to know how does it help temps? Should I stick another bucket in?  RH is around 50 at the moment,

To save me typing for a hour Google "thermal mass". Basically it's an old trick to retain heat. Why a water butt in your green house can stop frost damage. ;)

1 person likes this

Jamjar, the electric blanket is on its way! Blackpoolbouncer thanks man, followed you and I'll be sure to have a good look through it all. Muppet I've had a look at that and seems like a great idea, going to leave it at 24/0 for a while until the weather gets a bit better and I'll have a look at the thermal mass trick. Thanks for the help guys much appreciated :)

iv always ran mine on 18/6 and had good results 

1 person likes this

@Tete im on mobile so cant link but head to the dinafem section. It's stickied there 

1 person likes this

@Tete if you click on blackpools name it will take u to his profile.. click the content tab, go to the dropdown menu and select topics and u will get a whole list of the members Threads. U can obiously do this with anyone lol its a good way to find old diaries :cheers:

4 people like this