Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreenBudMachine

Few questions about my new adventure :-)

Hi people sorry if this is in the wrong section I'm a newbie here. But just got a couple growing questions and thought you lot could help me out. All the info about my setup is in my profile, grow diary to come soon when I upgrade my mobile phone to take and upload decent pictures.

Would I be OK not ph'ing my solution as I'm in soil?

Do I need to have my window open in the room letting fresh air in?

Can I give cannazym now along with Terra Vega and root stimulant? 

(Clones about 1-2 weeks old)

That's all for now hopefully someone could help me :)

Edited by GreenBudMachine

3 minutes ago, GreenBudMachine said:

Would I be OK not ph'ing my solution as I'm in soil?

Do I need to have my window open in the room letting fresh air in?

Hi and happy growing...

I've no idea about the enzymes, someone will likely pop by before long to answer that one...

PH - good soil/compost will manage your ph fine, so no need to worry about.

Ideally, you want to vent out of the room you are growing in, an open window to vent out of would be fine. But you can intake from inside so long as the temps and humidity etc are not wildly out of your ideal growing conditions. That is ideally to maintain a nice environment, its not essential, but do if you can.

Good luck! :v:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Slugums said:

Hi and happy growing...

I've no idea about the enzymes, someone will likely pop by before long to answer that one...

PH - good soil/compost will manage your ph fine, so no need to worry about.

Ideally, you want to vent out of the room you are growing in, an open window to vent out of would be fine. But you can intake from inside so long as the temps and humidity etc are not wildly out of your ideal growing conditions. That is ideally to maintain a nice environment, its not essential, but do if you can.

Good luck! :v:

Smashing top 1 mate I've got the extraction line going into a vent built into the wall which takes it straight outside but no window or hole in wall for intake I did have window open but the temps was falling below 20C (not good) and I've got a 400w MH in there what would be the optimal distance at this time in the plants life? Could I have it close or keep it away until few nodes start?

And hopefully someone could come and help with the cannazyme lol

1 person likes this

I only run a small 150w hps for veg and bloom... Have your beans just popped up? If so, keep the 400 well back from them (sorry that's vague!)... More than 50cm... If they have just come up, they will struggle with the intensity and heat...

I usually run one or more small wattage cfls to let them get their legs down - 30w cfl 6500kelvin works great for the first week or so, just till they get some proper leaves out. Using cfl has the advantage of preventing stretchy stems because they run cool and can be placed within a few inches of newly sprouted seeds...

If you stick with the MH hopefully you'll get some better info from someone who uses one... They might even have that enzyme info too! :rofl:

If you do get a few pics up and start a diary, you'll get loads of input, especially if you make a point of saying its a first grow - good folks round here, very helpful and welcoming bunch!

Cheers! :v:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Slugums said:

I only run a small 150w hps for veg and bloom... Have your beans just popped up? If so, keep the 400 well back from them (sorry that's vague!)... More than 50cm... If they have just come up, they will struggle with the intensity and heat...

I usually run one or more small wattage cfls to let them get their legs down - 30w cfl 6500kelvin works great for the first week or so, just till they get some proper leaves out. Using cfl has the advantage of preventing stretchy stems because they run cool and can be placed within a few inches of newly sprouted seeds...

If you stick with the MH hopefully you'll get some better info from someone who uses one... They might even have that enzyme info too! :rofl:

If you do get a few pics up and start a diary, you'll get loads of input, especially if you make a point of saying its a first grow - good folks round here, very helpful and welcoming bunch!

Cheers! :v:

There clones mate I got them off a friends friend so not sure how old they was when I got them Sunday but was in a plastic cup and had roots so I'm guessing at least a couple of weeks.

I started the 400W MH well away about 4 feet and now I'm at 2 feet from the top, I've got a 125W CFL but as they were already rooted thought I would let the veg commence :D 600W HPS with cool tube for flowering.  I will bang a diary up now mate and just let people wait for pictures lol.

Its my third grow mate but the first was alright used ionic nutes then the second I used oldtimer range fully organic but ran into all sorts of problems due to lockout through me having the window open and getting to around 15C. They was Barney's farm blue cheese first then Barney's farm pineapple chunk both times from seed this is my first time from clone and its stardawg.

2 people like this

Ah! If you got roots down, leaves out and they look perky, they should be sweet...

Someone once told me 5cm per 100w - but I may be misquoting that badly... you'll get solid advice via your diary...

Cheers and good luck!!

OH! Ionic's pretty straight forward - I use them myself... ;)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Slugums said:

Ah! If you got roots down, leaves out and they look perky, they should be sweet...

Someone once told me 5cm per 100w - but I may be misquoting that badly... you'll get solid advice via your diary...

Cheers and good luck!!

OH! Ionic's pretty straight forward - I use them myself... ;)

Yeah I found it pretty simple mate but changed to canna now. 

My diary is here mate

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/385577-stardawg-canna-should-be-fun/

1 person likes this