Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lorraine

First timer

My first grow is now approximately 3 weeks from fruition :hippy:...... I'm growing it for medicinal use oil in case my niece needs it.... if not I know someone else who does... also I am wanting to make edibles and balms for all my friends who have different needs... oh and of course me x

I'm wanting advise on the best way to flush and dry it out........ as it has to be spotlessly clean as my niece is only 18mth old.

I have wrote a list of the things I have been feeding them with.... but I can't remember where I put it !(menopause)... so ill go do another 1..... sorry for wasting your time .. but imagine how i feel.... its just took me 20 mins to write this .... and its pointless ...... ill be back x:wallbash:xx

3 people like this

Hi @lorraine

Flushing... check out @botanics current diary (The Night Garden Welcomes Remo Chemo) - he's done a nice job of giving these a thorough flush. He's also suggested looking at J Trichs flushing in the seedsman forum...

Drying is straight forward - I cut and trim wet, then hang stems or separate buds onto coat hangers (tie them on with sewing thread or plant ties - give them space (no touching buds) for nice airflow... Hang the coat hangers full of buds in a dark (air filtered) space and leave them at a nice cool temp - I don't really monitor my drying temps, but I reckon they sit somewhere between 18 - 20c...

Check on them when you want - some may fall as they dry because the stems thin out in the process - it will take between 1 week and 10 days - maybe a wee bit longer if you have dense buds... You know that they are done when the twigs/branches snap nice and cleanly.

Good luck and happy chopping when the day arrives... If you want feedback on when to chop for optimal medicinal purposes (likely best to leave as long as possible) just throw it out as a question! :v:

2 people like this

Here we go again......

I want to know best time to flush and for how long as I want this as clean as possible as it is meant for an 18mth old if she needs it.

During veg I was feeding them:

Cannazyme, Microbial,and vitalink hydro A & B

Whilst flowering:

Vitalink Hydro Max A&B,Vitalink Buddy and Liquid  Carboloid

I have also grown in clay pebbles.

Any advise x

Well it's dry......... and we got........... 23oz of lovely weed. We are curing it now. I've got my ISO ordered and ive dug my rice cooker out..... now I'm scared.:skin_up:

2 people like this

4 hours ago, lorraine said:

Well it's dry......... and we got........... 23oz of lovely weed. We are curing it now. I've got my ISO ordered and ive dug my rice cooker out..... now I'm scared.:skin_up:

Well done. 23 oz is going to make loads of oil - you should get 100 mls out of it. :) 

Nothing to be scared about -just ask if you're unsure. I've made loads of oil, from 20 kilo batches of hash oil to 4 or 5 gram batches made out of trim. It's simple. :)

2 people like this

THANK You.... 23oz is just big buds .... there was loads of little ones as well so I've decarboxylated em and given em to people so they can make their own edibles... I ain't got time ... I'm making cream for my dogs scabby leg... which is actually getting better.... 3 years she's had that canker.... it's going x... I'm gonna cure that bud for another 2 weeks but as soon as I've got all my stuff I'm gonna make some and get it tested and that's off straight off to a young lad who's mum's poorly, he's growing some but she's poorly now... that's why I'm scared cos it's real..... I'm giving somebody something to hopefully make em better it but I'm not a doctor...... I AM going to make sure we've researched and done evrything we can to make sure its okay............ but I don't feel bad about anything I've done.... in fact it's made us all realise what a load of wank that law is.. so much so 3 of us did this one.... well next time we're doing 1 each...... x

Edited by lorraine
Just adding
3 people like this