Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JamJar

Cree SMD5050 LED Floodlights

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :D

So ive been reading pages and pages of total mind boggling info on LEDs trying to see if i could find warm white 2700k-3500k spectrum panel for a boost during flower. 

After searching every site possible ive gone back to the idea of floodlights which are easily found in the uk.

Gosun is the brand ive read into the most as they use Cree SMD5050 which are the same found in the top quality LED strips. Good thing is they come on a panel 30-100w. 

Ive just ordered a 50w to test out the heat of these although the reviews say they run very cool. Best part about all of this is theres a MAASIVE sale on gosun on amazon atm.. just got the 50w for £18.98. RRP £70.00 and the 100w is £38.98 down from £150

Not sure if im aloud to post this but i couldnt help myself lol

1 person likes this

Those look interesting, would be cool to compare with my cheap 5630 strip.

Should be a fair bit more efficient.

The photo looks a bit iffy though ..

(not enough LEDs)

large.5050flood.jpg

Edited by cultivateur
1 person likes this

At least they appear to be the actual stated power - but I would either expand the heatsink or add fans if using them indoors to prolong the LED life.

1 person likes this

I was thinking about the fan but after reading into it more i think il do some tests first. The heatsink is massive for 50w of power so i think it might be ok. Il get some pics it should be here tomorrow lol next day delivery too :D

1 person likes this

I found a video where a guy was rationalising a pro aquarium light costing ten times as much.

1 person likes this

Nice find mate :)

My plan.. if the heat isnt too bad with them is to add 100w smd5050 alongside my blurple led. I think this could really work well :D

Darn you starting this thread - I just bought one :unsure:

I had to get some fertiliser in a hurry so was in a weakened frame of mind.:wassnnme:

At least it will be handy as a work light - has to be at least as bright as a 150 watt halogen.

lollollol

What wattage did you go for? If its for a worklight i hope you went for daylight white and not warm white :D

50 watt - the daylight one is twice the price for some reason. ...

1 person likes this

lol probably because the warm white isnt very popular if ur using it as a floodlight. This led should be simular colour to hps unlike the one in that video u found.. that was a 5k daylight white :D

Yes I realised that after I ordered but I like my light to be warmish when I'm fixing me pushbike of an evening :)

And in any case it will let me compare various attributes with the 4000K strip I'm using.

All rather vague really. Ihaven't decided what plant to do a side by side with - perhaps salad ....

I'll need to raise loads of marigolds and things for the garden later on ...

1 person likes this

Would love for this lil gem to work. Esp with the price :)

It'll be fine for very early veg, , but it would add up if say you wanted five of them for a decent-sized grow ...

1 person likes this

Mine arrived today @cultivateur its Soild! Very very impressed with the heatsink and ill be buying 2 maybe 3 more me thinks :D

1 person likes this

Mine too.

Annoyingly my power meter is up the creek, but I'll set it up alongside my 5630.

Yes - seems well made.

So Cree have come up with a new high power LED they're also calling 5050 ?

That's a bit confusing ...