Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

redbeard

Man caught with cannabis farm in local flat and claimed he’d smoke the lot sent to jail

31 posts in this topic

I think the moral of the story is to pay your bills people !

3 people like this

On 1/14/2018 at 9:19 AM, Oceanwisdom said:

A debt collector forced open his door for an unpaid gas bill???

Must have been a bailiff. Debt collectors don't come to your house, they just send threatening letters.  You can three letter DCA's, and thats the end of them, Bailiffs are harder to get rid of, but still possible. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

a plants a plant in the eyes of the law, irrespective of its thc or cbd content.

I do like an idea I'm sure I read here though. Putting labels in the pots with names that are likely to be looked at better by the judge. I would choose to label a plant " anti pain kush" over say killer skunk lol. 

7 people like this

or you could always try Dutch tomatoes or South African Woodbine   lol

7 people like this

It almost seems like he took a dive for the landlord! Something doesn't ring true to me.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

They can force entry if they have exceptional circumstances, like this poor cow, who didn't even have a gas supply ha ha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2431864/British-Gas-broke-businesswomans-home-unpaid-despite-having-gas-appliances-flat.html

For health and safety reasons. They can't just to fit a meter, or even if you don't pay the bill. This is a typical bag of shit from the energy company lol They even said they were there to fit a prepay meter, this would contradict the actual warrant. The warrant would've been applied for under the 1954 gas act. See that's the only way they can force entry: if there's an immediate danger to life. But as there's not even a meter there's no health and safety issues. The idiots have even left a note saying why they were there. This lady could do a lot worse than question the company's authority to do so just to fit a meter, she'd soon find out that the warrent would've been issued on health and safety grounds which she could have a really good case with the note. They're not particularly bothered though, they get away with this day by day. Who would question them when they're stood on the door with a locksmith and the police behind them. Looks as if its right but it isn't the basts.

6 people like this

In cases where there is a dispute concerning percy or supply, you need an expert witness with proven credibility and expertise who can make a case for personal use - not many of them around... A lawyer would be next to useless on their own in making that case.

What stages of growth were these plants etc? Was the room divided between germ, veg, cultivation... Still... 100 plus plants! Honest gov, I'm a big smoker!! :wassnnme:

1 person likes this

thing is even if they do break the law most people would not know if the company did so .

this does not mean that you could not sue them.

2 people like this

On 15/01/2018 at 7:49 PM, Slugums said:

In cases where there is a dispute concerning percy or supply, you need an expert witness with proven credibility and expertise who can make a case for personal use - not many of them around... A lawyer would be next to useless on their own in making that case.

What stages of growth were these plants etc? Was the room divided between germ, veg, cultivation... Still... 100 plus plants! Honest gov, I'm a big smoker!! :wassnnme:

Wonder how it would go down if you mention the country we love so much that we follow into the battlefield risking and losing the life's of young men and women has now legalised weed. How abroad one may not be facing crime but up for an award for entrepreneurship...

On 15/01/2018 at 4:05 PM, stummer said:

I do like an idea I'm sure I read here though. Putting labels in the pots with names that are likely to be looked at better by the judge. I would choose to label a plant " anti pain kush" over say killer skunk lol. 

I make point of labelling all my plants with codes not strains and matching notes on each plant stating its progress as a medicine for me and for what with particular note for strains grown for a parkinsons patient along with its effectiveness as a medicine. Because im over the 9 plant rule I want it to be clear this is medicine and would be presented as such and not some two bit cash crop. Without it my friend with parkinsons could even make it to court let alone speak coherently to testify on my behalf

I suppose old judgy would have a hard time telling my pensioner gran and a retired parkinsons sufferer that are using High cbd low thc strains are the scourge of society and it will addle the brain. 

If my day in court ever did come whatever the verdict id be guilty of nothing in my eyes and anyone in my life that mattered to me

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
9 people like this

On 15/01/2018 at 9:14 AM, twigs said:

raw potatoes are more dangerous

bet they didnt take them..

That. Just that.  Potatoes are from the deadly nightshade family.  It's so true and laughable its made me cry.  Cannabis is benign as a benign thing sitting on top of a huge big not harmful thing saying I'm peaceful.

Fuck the law again.  Let's do it sideways this time for the craic.

:)

4 people like this

thats the spirit! :stoned:

their's no sense to any of it..

2 people like this

On 1/14/2018 at 10:40 PM, vortex said:

thats a hell of a lot of plants for one person to smoke tho ahhh ?????      often wondered ,  if for example you got caught with 3 plants ,   but they were  VERY  VERY   low thc  but  high  cbd variety, for medical use ..... would you STILL  be in the shit as bad ???  or  do you think they would concider a plant a plant ... no matter the  thc level ~?

for example  some strains  are exceptionally low in thc  and  youd probably have to smoke an oz  to  feel anything ......

Below is a list of mitigating circumstances specified n the cannabis cultivation sentencing guidelines. CBD is not psychoactive so a high CBD and Low THC strain could be argued to be "Low purity" as there is less recreational value,  if there are other boxes ticked from the list (medical needs etc) then I think any reasonable judge would be inclined to be lenient with the sentence. The crime is the same and the law still applies but the sentence is likely to be much less harsh. 

Mitigation 

Involvement due to pressure, intimidation or coercion falling short of duress, except where already taken into account at step 1

Isolated incident

Low purity

No previous convictions or no relevant or recent convictions

Offender’s vulnerability was exploited

Remorse

Good character and/or exemplary conduct

Determination and/or demonstration of steps having been taken to address addiction or offending behaviour

Serious medical conditions requiring urgent, intensive or long-term treatment

Age and/or lack of maturity where it affects the responsibility of the offender

Mental disorder or learning disability

Sole or primary carer for dependent relatives

5 people like this

9 hours ago, NezA said:

Below is a list of mitigating circumstances specified n the cannabis cultivation sentencing guidelines. CBD is not psychoactive so a high CBD and Low THC strain could be argued to be "Low purity" as there is less recreational value,  if there are other boxes ticked from the list (medical needs etc) then I think any reasonable judge would be inclined to be lenient with the sentence. The crime is the same and the law still applies but the sentence is likely to be much less harsh. 

Mitigation 

Involvement due to pressure, intimidation or coercion falling short of duress, except where already taken into account at step 1

Isolated incident

Low purity

No previous convictions or no relevant or recent convictions

Offender’s vulnerability was exploited

Remorse

Good character and/or exemplary conduct

Determination and/or demonstration of steps having been taken to address addiction or offending behaviour

Serious medical conditions requiring urgent, intensive or long-term treatment

Age and/or lack of maturity where it affects the responsibility of the offender

Mental disorder or learning disability

Sole or primary carer for dependent relatives

serious medical conditions requiring urgent, intensive long term treatment ......

i concider cancer to be  a serious medical condition ......  but i suppose even a very low thc plant  would STILL  get me in the same ammount  of crap if caught  ahhh ??

1 person likes this