Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MicGrow

Flowering Autos under Daylight 315w CMH? (For my veg space.)

20 posts in this topic

Hey folks.
I currently veg under 250w MH in a 100cm X 80cm space.

I flower under two 315w CMH's one 942 and one 930 for a mixed spectrum. It works well, I'm using the maxibright reflectors.

I'm thinking about getting a third set to replace my 250w MH so that I can also pop some auto's in there and have some more power and a better spectrum.

(I do flower auto's under the 250w MH and it works, although I'm sure yield suffers etc.)

The 250w does me fine in general, the plants do get a bit leggy in there sometimes when I over crowd it, I think getting a third CMH will up my game.

I'm looking at the kits from G&H and am wondering if I can get away with justy the Daylight bulb?

What do you think?

(Summary of my objectives: Keep a few mums, veg a few cuttings and pop a couple of auto's)

gallery_90952_12414_20611.jpg

Maybe I should get the Agro kit and swap the Mastercolour 930 that's twinned with the 942 in my flower space and veg/ auto under the 930?

So:

Existing 930 to veg, mother's, cuttings and autos.

Existing 942 and new Agro to flower.

Someone must have some ideas on what's best!? :mellow:

:thumsup:

swapping a 315 for the 250 would be fine in that space

Edited by ratdog

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

swapping a 315 for the 250 would be fine in that space

Sure, but I'm wondering which bulb to get to add to my existing collection of a 930 and 942 and which configuration to have them in.

Are you thinking of adding it to the existing 250? 

what`s the floor area?

I'm planning to replace the 250 which I'll keep as a spare/ back up. I'm confident that coverage will be fine, I get by with the 250 but more is always better.
The space is about 80cm x 110cm, I can't really fill that space with the 250. The 315 CMH will do a grand job I just need to decide which bulb.

Cheers ratdog.

I'm going to place my order for the daylight bulb.

Fingers crossed I'm making the right decision.

On 07/01/2018 at 11:17 AM, MicGrow said:

Hey folks.
I currently veg under 250w MH in a 100cm X 80cm space.

I flower under two 315w CMH's one 942 and one 930 for a mixed spectrum. It works well, I'm using the maxibright reflectors.

I'm thinking about getting a third set to replace my 250w MH so that I can also pop some auto's in there and have some more power and a better spectrum.

(I do flower auto's under the 250w MH and it works, although I'm sure yield suffers etc.)

The 250w does me fine in general, the plants do get a bit leggy in there sometimes when I over crowd it, I think getting a third CMH will up my game.

I'm looking at the kits from G&H and am wondering if I can get away with justy the Daylight bulb?

What do you think?

(Summary of my objectives: Keep a few mums, veg a few cuttings and pop a couple of auto's)

gallery_90952_12414_20611.jpg

Mate im loving that setup, does the gasket on the door and negative pressure keep in the lovely smell?

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, limeyLimey said:

Mate im loving that setup, does the gasket on the door and negative pressure keep in the lovely smell?

Thanks bud. As you say, it's the negative pressure that controls smell through the carbon filter. The gasket is self adhesive black foam rubber, it's more to make the doors sound and light proof. It does a brilliant job of it. The latch and lock mechanism on the door keeps it closed tight.

I've just made a post with loads more pictures and info about the cupboards, check it out:

1 person likes this

On 11/01/2018 at 3:30 PM, MicGrow said:

I'm going to place my order for the daylight bulb.

Fingers crossed I'm making the right decision.

I bottled out on ordering because I'm still unsure which bulb to get. :lookaround:

I'm now wondering if I should move my 930 into the veg and auto cupboard and buy a new Agro to flower under tandem with the 942.

Or maybe but the 942 in the veg and flower under the 930 and new Agro.

Agro or daylight, agro or daylight, agro or daylight. :idea:

If it was me I'd keep the mixed bulbs for flower and get a daylight for veg.

Assuming the bulbs are the same price I would probably be thinking longer term and get an Agro as they are better value. 

To explain, use the Agro for veg and autos & if it doesn't work out by itself I would switch it for the 942.  Then if that doesn't work out buy another and put them both in the flowering chamber.  Leaving both the 930 and the 942 to use for the veg & autos.

I see that you dont have much height so you may not want to use an Agro for veg.

Edited by Bird

get a 942 for the vegging section, as for the price @Bird  you can get a 942 & a 930 for £71, the Agro costs about £90-£95.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Joint hogger said:

get a 942 for the vegging section, as for the price @Bird  you can get a 942 & a 930 for £71, the Agro costs about £90-£95.

That's why I mentioned the value thing JH, as the OP mentioned buying getting a kit from G&H.

1 person likes this