Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cocopips

Who pays these crazy prices?

213 posts in this topic

At least we got our subbies!

They're better than any doggies nuts.

Overhyped shyte.  

:wallbash:

6 people like this

Can I just add that if I wanted to get going and I had money to spend,  id be all over d.j. shorts stuff.  Pricey.  Yes.  But lots of strains are borne of these genes.  Like sweet tooth for a fine example.

I'd not pay more for seeds than d.j. shorts.  And I still wouldn't expect the holy grail....

Shame paradise killed their reg lines.  Lots of good shit came from them.......

4 people like this

20 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

you won't end up with a bottle of crystal and a cigar you would end up with a rollup and vimto 

I'll take Vimto over that hyped up gangsta piss any day .

:hippy:

Gumbo.

6 people like this

Just been thinking more on this and I would treat myself to an oz for say £250 (still way overpriced than anything round near me )if it was supposed to be all singing and dancing and not think twice if it was great but not for the seeds and the chance I could get 30 oz from 10 seeds. dunno its a weird one as I can't think of anything else that I have ever bought that fits the same situation as in a price vs quality vs competency type of thing 

3 people like this

lol, how are these prices invented.....such an unstable heritage anyway...sunset sherbert x GSC x Grandaddy Purps x Plantinum cookies x unknown....whahahaha anyway there will be some victims to their scheme...lol..attitude paid them already to get them in stock so they will be the losers if they do not sell....hmmm, perhaps I should release 1 or 2 strains for 300,- and let attitude stock them...keh-ching.

7 people like this

"Cali" sells for stupid money and these are the hype strains at the moment "flavaz" its just commercial BS but I bet people will pay it. When you see the price the end product sells for you can see how some might justify the price... 

Not worth it IMO but if you can sell a small number at that price that's huge margin... Therefore its good business if you can sell any... 

5 people like this

I used to have a no price matters policy to buying seeds.  Didn't end well.  Just keep popping them I say.  

;)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, amsterdammer said:

lol, how are these prices invented

Loss of revenue from a hermie growroom. Lots of oz down.

6 people like this

I'm not the best grower out there and most of the time my environment is very stressful lst etc. I find a lot of the American strains go hermie in my grow room. Not bashing any breeders but I just have not got the time or money to waste on strains that can't take some shit without chucking a bollock.

4 people like this

They will sell, will be a market for them because there are idiots out there who thinking they cost more so have to be better. Then you have idiots who see hyped named and just have to have it.

People are strange, I know plenty of people who actually brag about paying more for stuff. Such a backwards mentality and funny as fuck. Would expect people to want to brag about getting a bargain or just something being cheap. "Nice jeans mate" "cheers they only cost me 50 quid". Now that I can understand but the person more likely to mention the price will be the idiot who's paid hundreds lol.

With drugs and pricing, I have seen someone told there is gear there for x amount for an oz or can have the better stuff for 300more. Bloke asked if he can get half of each one just to see what its like. So person sent his runner to meet him and he brought two halfs of the cheaper stuff by mistake. Bloke phoned up the guy few days later asking for more stuff but this time make it a whole oz of the good stuff lol. Mental I know lol no wonder most of that shit is just boshed to fuck.

5 people like this

i could buy the clone for cheaper

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Breezus said:

Subbies FTW! :yep:

Think how many keepers you would get, if you spent what they want on subbies instead!!  

:woot:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have paid that kind of money before but it was a long time ago, direct from the breeders & the seeds had a far better pedigree.   For me it isn't so much the price as the quality of the seed stock that really matter and how much use I will make of it. 

It's difficult to imagine me paying it again tbh :yinyang: .  Particularly for Feminised seeds.

Edited by Bird
3 people like this

Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money....... :rofl: 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

It was 20+ years ago.  Fems weren't even a twinkle in someone's eye back then.

Edited by Bird
2 people like this