Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cocopips

Who pays these crazy prices?

204 posts in this topic

I wouldn't buy a Ferrari or a Rolls Royce or *insert any expensive/overpriced item you like* but I think overall humanity has benefitted by the very small percentage of these that turn out to be brilliant.....

someone has to pay for the massive amount of failures...

8 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

Is the place in Smithfield still open?

It's still there Jimboo, although they do not sell seeds from there. I bought some stuff from in there and asked the guy did he know any shops because the one round the corner closed down. The guy said its not somthing they can discuss they just dont talk about it.

14 minutes ago, BigNasty said:

It's still there Jimboo, although they do not sell seeds from there. I bought some stuff from in there and asked the guy did he know any shops because the one round the corner closed down. The guy said its not somthing they can discuss they just dont talk about it.

they didn't have a great selection anyway mate it was all behind the counter nudge nudge wink wink,They did such a clamp down on the headshops selling them nobody wants to talk about it

1 person likes this

In house genetics have always interested me, but i have never taken the plunge due to the price.

I still might do one day.

To be honest though no ones making people buy them, so i am happy for people to buy them for whatever price they see fit.

13 hours ago, BigNasty said:

I will ask a few people during the week mate,And see if anyone knows of anywhere

1 person likes this

I love some of the new strains on the scene don't like the mental prices but I won't ever pay that. Will say though as other strains have got popular, I love coming across an old classic. Not seen cheese in a long time so probably would be happy to see some. Where as before in London it was all you could along with ami. Last night my dad's mate visited and he had some bubblegum and doctor. Not seen either in so long and both had been grown and dried with love lol . Soon as he opened the bag the smells took me right back. He reckons who he got it from just buys it but did ask him to see if he could get a clone. Anyone else find that they love coming across a strain that's not so popular today? Would happily grow it.

2 people like this

The most expensive seeds I ever bought cost £120-£140 for 16 (got 19) Sensi Seeds Jack Herer, circa whenever it first came out.

You could buy commercial F2 seeds for a quid a bean, usually ten packs sold in almost every head shop.They replicated commercial top seeds with slightly different names.  I tried them but stuck to F1 seeds as they did produce a more stable offspring with a lot of the siblings showing characteristics of that strain. After all, I have little space so like to fill it with plants that have a good reputation and plants which I already smoked in Holland.

The customer is king though. If we refuse to pay insane prices then nobody is going to ask a small fortune. I think its the one born every minute scenario. You could offer seeds for £100 a piece and someone, somewhere, will bite the hook.

Seed companies have costs but if they grow bud, seeded or not, its got some value. The hash from seeded buds grown in optimum conditions, is plentiful. I once seeded a crop by accident, every last clone seeded from top to bottom. Between the hash and oil I got, there was little waste.

There is no mystery in producing seeds. Anyone can do it. Admittedly, the more space you have and more plants the easier it is to produce something people would pay for.

I've produced seeds by the traditional method of choosing a good strong resiny male and mating it with the ladies. Resulting seeds were male and female. Wish I'd have kept the seeds but a series of moves and so on you lose bits of the collection of pot related things. Gave most seeds away and scattered even more back when hippies would tell you to simply scatter seeds in the hope of a plant being there the next year. :)

Seeds are overpriced but the average pot grower has money to spare because he or she is not spending stupid money buying cannabis.

Also, due to prohibition, many of us who would like to produce cheap top notch seeds are held back from doing so. This is a shame, you only need one seeded plant to pretty much be on the honour roll for people who have produced notable and legendary seeds.

It could be you! :)

Has anyone got any advice on the electric punches? I'm struggling to get them going.....out of 10 fems,  4 have died to what looks like damping off (even tho I didn't overwater the second time around....tried 2 first then another 2) 1 hasn't germinated and I've just potted 1 that has (4 left over)......this is my second grow, my first was th seeds strawberry glue which came out absolutely perfect 4 my first grow......the only thing I'm doing different this time round is a different medium.....I've gone to coco/perlite 70/30 with charge as opposed to just wanna coco like last time.....could this be the cause??? Any info or advise appreciated. Thanks.