Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cazza95

Hello, question about the uk drug wipes

26 posts in this topic

Hello people I am a stoner from the north west UK. I have a question about the drug wipes which were introduced a few years ago, the ones that detect weed and cocaine. I've been smoking since I left school (22 now) I have a couple of spliffs a week and have to drive for my job, but it's rare that I actually drive around stoned. If I was to get stopped and tested the day after smoking, what would the test say?

good question , hopefully someone can answer .... my guess is it would be positive , but they would need further tests to ascertain 'how much' you had used ... its a fucker thats for sure 

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, cazza95 said:

Hello people I am a stoner from the north west UK. I have a question about the drug wipes which were introduced a few years ago, the ones that detect weed and cocaine. I've been smoking since I left school (22 now) I have a couple of spliffs a week and have to drive for my job, but it's rare that I actually drive around stoned. If I was to get stopped and tested the day after smoking, what would the test say?

I saw a video on youtube the other day about a chewinggum that after chewing for 30 secs ir so will pass a swab test for weed. Ill try find it & link

Give this search and look at the leafscience page...

"how long does cannabis remain detectable after smoking"

The short answer, it depends on your metabolisim, what and how often you smoke in addition to other things... The link is fairly comprehensive and hopefully answers some of your questions.

Here's what it says about wipe tests... Saliva looks to be the least effective over the long term...

Marijuana Saliva Tests

Saliva testing is one of the newest methods of testing for marijuana. It is less expensive and more convenient than other tests that detect recent use.

Saliva samples can produce positive results within the first 24 hours of marijuana use. In one study, the detection period was found to be 12 hours on average.

Like blood tests, saliva tests are used to establish if marijuana was used within the past few hours. Saliva tests are most commonly used as a roadside test for driving impairment.

The linings of the mouth absorb THC when you smoke and are the source of THC that remains in your saliva.

Saliva tests can detect THC 24 hours after marijuana intake, and THC-COOH for a few days longer. The typical cutoff level for saliva swab testing is 2 ng/mL.

Marijuana Sweat Tests

Sweat testing is a relatively non-invasive way to monitor drug exposure using a patch that is applied to the skin for 10 to 14 days. It is often used in drug treatment, criminal justice and employment programs.

This type of testing has certain limitations since the amount of perspiration can vary between individuals. THC levels in sweat also depend on the environment, temperature and level of physical activity.

Sweat patches can detect marijuana use just a few hours before its removal. Results of one study showed that daily marijuana users will excrete THC into sweat above the cutoff of 1 ng/patch for weeks after stopping use.

There are limitations however, as the sensitivity of the patch to detect drug use is dependent on the amount of THC consumed

3 people like this

They changed the law a few years back so that they no longer have to prove that you were under the influence of or impaired by cannabis at the time you are caught with it in your system. Now there is a minimum blood level threshold of 2ug/L (40 fucking times less than morphine), which if you surpass is an automatic charge/conviction.

Also, this:

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Slugums said:

The linings of the mouth absorb THC when you smoke and are the source of THC that remains in your saliva.

Saliva tests can detect THC 24 hours after marijuana intake, and THC-COOH for a few days longer. The typical cutoff level for saliva swab testing is 2 ng/mL.

I wonder then if it detects edibles ? ... 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, zero said:

I wonder then if it detects edibles ? ... 

Good question... fat content might be an issue here as THC is stored in fatty cells...

I was concerned to read that passive smoking can also lead to detection... Passive smoking, obviously being my biggest worry here! :wassnnme:

8 people like this

So realistically if I got stopped the day or 2 days after smoking I'd pass? I actually got stopped by Cheshire police just before Christmas, I was only driving someone home but I was stoned and so was the girl i was with but she lit a ciggie and that got rid of any smell lol.

Edit just found this on the NHS website. I'd say I'm definitely a frequent user but not a heavy user, I go through periods where sometimes I have a joint every night, and then sometimes where it's only 2-3 joints a week.

It depends on how often and how much cannabis a person smokes and the potency (strength) of the cannabis. 

In general, the less cannabis that’s smoked, and the less often it’s smoked, the quicker it leaves the body.

THC, the active chemical in cannabis, is stored in the fat cells and therefore takes longer to fully clear the body than any other common drug. The stronger the strain of cannabis, the more THC it contains.

Drug testing equipment, as used by the police, works by measuring the amount of THC in a urine sample.

A review of data compiled by the US National Drug Court Institute estimated that:

• an occasional or first-time user would probably test positive up to four days after last using
  • a frequent user would probably test positive up to 10 days after last using
  • a very heavy user could test positive up to one to two months after last using

lol .. ahh times change , I used to spark up in the car all the time , .... motorway journeys = a pipe to alleviate the boredom :skin_up:

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, cazza95 said:

• an occasional or first-time user would probably test positive up to four days after last using
  • a frequent user would probably test positive up to 10 days after last using
  • a very heavy user could test positive up to one to two months after last using

I would take this part with a pinch of salt ... 

1 person likes this

Trust me ive drove stoned hundreds of times never had an accident or fuck all. It literally doesn't impair you whatsoever. Unmarked police BMWs drive round my town though so its not worth the risk getting pulled over

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, cazza95 said:

Trust me ive drove stoned hundreds of times never had an accident or fuck all. It literally doesn't impair you whatsoever. Unmarked police BMWs drive round my town though so its not worth the risk getting pulled over

Yeah , its getting very dicey now ..., perhaps in future someone will invent a mouth spray or something to neutralize it .... what did they pull you for ? 

1 person likes this

No reason at all I was following my mate up an expressway and an unmarked 3 series pulled up next to me and dropped behind me. I was stoned so i shit one and slowed down, pulled me over soon as I got off the expressway came to the passenger side and literally just asked for my first name then fucked off. Dodged a bullet that night

Posted (edited)

From Reddit

Detection of cannabis in saliva can be difficult as the drug is only detectable for a few hours. After this time, a saliva test for cannabis will come up negative. This is because a saliva drug test only checks for THC and not the degradation product / metabolite of cannabis, THC-COOH. Therefore, a saliva drug test for cannabis is best used when you suspect that use of the drug has taken place only a few hours before the test.

http://www.idmu.co.uk/pdfs/drugtest.pdf

Menkes et alstudied salivary THC levels, subjective intoxication and heartrate among 13 experienced volunteers abstinent for one week before the test. Baseline THC levels of up to 3.4ng/ml (nanograms per millilitre) were recorded (mean 0.36ng/ml). After smoking a single cigarette containing 11mg THC, salivary THC levels substantially exceeded 100ng/ml for the first hourafter smoking, with levels over 10ng/ml persisting for up to 4 hours (fig 2).

The saliva test doesnt test for the metabolite like others so the detection window is decreased significantly, mouthwash definitely helps

Edited by Davey Jones
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

There's been a thread on here about this recently. It seems that people believe brushing your teeth (and mouth,) using mouthwash, chewing gum or eating mints will help a lot. I need my license to get to work, I'd be screwed if I lost it so I've since bought a bottle of mouthwash for the glove box in the car. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't bother for local journeys but if I got to towns, cities or drive long distance I've started to swill a load.

I dab concentrates every day. 

Fingers crossed!

Edited by MicGrow
4 people like this