Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MicGrow

Bubble/ Ice Hash and super clear Rosin pics.

Hey folks.
I just had to share my rosin pics with you. It's the cleanest product I've made yet. I don't know why but I'm super happy.
When stored in a cool place it is literally a shatter.

It dabs nice with a soaring high.

Mmmmm.

large.5a4b7e6da086c_2018-01-0114_41_01.jpglarge.5a4b7e6cd414e_2018-01-0114_40_40.jpglarge.5a4b7e6ee1ff6_2018-01-0116_35_07.jpglarge.5a4b7e6b792ac_2018-01-0114_39_15.jpg

20 people like this

Beautiful work :yep:

2 people like this

I'd be super happy if I made that :)nice one!

1 person likes this

Looks good man , what press you rockin?

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Al Swearengen said:

Looks good man , what press you rockin?

Just hair straighteners with a vintage mini vice I found at a car boot sale. As soon as I saw it I had a eureka moment! 

I use a stainless steel screen and a relatively low temperature and just squeeze the hell out of it!

2 people like this

Ok , nice one man , it looks great. How does it taste?

What micron is the hash and any idea of return? I'm looking out to buy or make a press in the future.

Cheers man , enjoy .

Al

1 person likes this

It's a combination of 160 and 220 mixed together.

It tastes nice. I'm not sure of return, I didn't weigh it. I just used a small bag of frozen trim and got 7.5 grams. 
(Once I had finished with it I let the ice melt and strained the wet trim to feed to my worms, it compressed hard to a wet mulch lump about the size of a large orange.)

Good luck with your press, let us know how you get on. 

1 person likes this

Interesting you got something worth keeping from the 220. That's usually the catch bag and I would mostly find plant material in there. I keep what it's in it for coconut oil infusion. 160 can be nice though. I have a nice 160 , first pull of Goji Og that is smelling beautiful. 7.5 grams from a small bag of trim is a good return . 

You must have happy worms getting all those remaining trichomes and cannabanoids into them, if there's any left. 

I do three washes per bubble run, the trim after that gets kept for the canna coconut oil. 50ml of the oil will make a very nice banana bread loaf, where one slice gets you irie . Yum , must get the missus to bake some more soon. 

Ill let you know how the press goes, I can't afford a decent one so I need to learn to build one. 

Nice one man,

Al

1 person likes this

Lovely pics @MicGrow

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Al Swearengen said:

Interesting you got something worth keeping from the 220. That's usually the catch bag and I would mostly find plant material in there...

I made a mistake, sorry. It's a combination of the 73 and 25 micron screens.

The 220 takes out all the plant material as you say. I don't bother using my 160 bag.

I also do three or four washes but I find it starts to get really foamy and the yield diminishes rapidly after that. Normally my second wash is the best.

I was super pleased with the yield. I did do the trim ages ago and it's been in the back of the freezer so it might have been squashed up and compressed a little but it wasn't loads. 

It's never occured to me to make edibles from tt afterwards, my girlfriend makes edible oil fairly regularly but directly from trim or buds.

She always wants to make edibles with my concentrates but I'm like WTF is the point, all the stuff I've removed is fine to eat. I only go to the trouble to make concentrates because I don't want to smoke all that plant material.

End result, happy worms. 

1 person likes this

I've just been reading that I might have been doing my "low temp" dabs too hot.

It's a ceramic nail with a carb cap.

I've been hitting it at 300 celsius but I think that should have been fahrenheit, I did wonder why I was getting black scorching on the nail.

300f does seem a bit low though, it's only 148c. I'm going to try around the 200c mark.

Any experience anyone?