Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lolaszek

fed up with searchs , please help LEDS.

34 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking for decent LEDS in UK for DS60 (0,6x0,6x1,4) will plant 2 pineapple express and 2 gorilla propably scrog or lst .

Was thinking of MARS Hydro 400 or other chinese panels therefore I am willing to pay up to 200 pounds for decent panel.

Was thinking of COB Citizen 058 leds , can someone recommend someone who does panels ? I found an offer back home , without delivery man is asking for 180 pounds for

I can get this panel and deliver it to UK but I am sure there are smart guys in UK that willing to do smth like this ,

I ve found

but it seems to be a bit pricey , please let me know - also found those budmaster 2 price is over 400 but guy at gumtree claims he wanted to sell one for half price, are they any good or better get cobs ?

I am totally new to LEDS and I cant make a panel myself ...

The panel from the 1st link claims to cover 80x80 area but it has regulation so I can use less power when plants will reach high.

Edited by Owderb
Spam links removed

Why LED ?

Do you have masses of cash going spare ?

EDIT :- Oh I see - low headroom.

Any reason why you couldn't go higher ?

Edited by cultivateur

Box is 140cm thats is first thing , I had HPS before and I dont like the cost and heat - also I am fascinated with LEDS and other options are not the case.

High there dude, 

With limited head room you might be better looking at a vertical scrog, like zztops dose. You'll need a bulb tho.

As for led, HLG is all you need to know, 300 watt panels less than £300,delivered. 

Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

HPS are by far the most effective lights - both in terms of cost and heat output per useful amount of light delivered - unless you go high end with LED or are only growing lettuce.

The key problem with LEDs is knowing what you're actually getting - everything specified in "Chinese watts" - or claiming ludicrous equivalence with HID.

That area would suit a 250 watt HPS - so I would be looking for an LED panel with the same actual electrical wattage - so quite likely it will have something silly like "500" or more in the name.

My only experience is with multiple teeny LEDs for seedlings and early veg growth.

If I was forced to use them for actual flowering and harvesting I would want something at the very least with under-run 5 watt LEDs - if not 50 watt COBs.

Those HLG panels look interesting - only half watt LEDs - seem to be growing plenty of vegetation in the company's videos ...

4 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

High there dude, 

With limited head room you might be better looking at a vertical scrog, like zztops dose. You'll need a bulb tho.

As for led, HLG is all you need to know, 300 watt panels less than £300,delivered. 

Jj:yinyang:

Hi dude , thanks for help, I will investigate but +200 is a limit for me - vertical scrog is something I have seen on back home's forum and I think I can manage it , buds I ordered are autos but still quite high - lst can be done for 3 plants but if I go for 4 plants to provide enough space vertical scrog might be necessary and also a good idea. I think I will rather go 3 plants to keep some space for 3 plant's germination . In the future - when I get some more experience , for germination I am planing to put a LED strip (price is problem) or a single  led bulb to give a bit advantage for little ones IF NECESSARY . Am still looking and investigating therefore I am happy to have a rapid answers from you guys .

1 person likes this

I thoroughly recommend 3560 white strip for seedlings and young plants - under £3 from China I've been running some continuously for the best part of a year now and wouldn't go back to CFLs even if they were still available cheaply.

Edited by cultivateur

Your growspace isn't a million miles from what I started with - I used four 4 foot  / 40 watt linear fluorescents vertically and wrapped my plants around them - worked amazingly well considering - perhaps I need to recreate that with LED strips - it would take two or three 5 metre strips.

My space was a little bigger in area, but I eventually ran a 250 watt HPS in it - under 5 feet in height - no proper ventilation though :o

Just now, cultivateur said:

I thoroughly recommend 3560 white strip for seedlings and young plants - under £3 from China I've been running some continuously for the best part of a year now.

Yeah , I will think about it when the time will come but the idea of it seems to be legit - I would rather go for some blue light for vegetation but I am not into spectrums and all that .

In respect of HLG's I cant find anything for the price you have suggested.  Some people growing up 100-120 grams well trimmed buds from 3 plants under cheap china leds , I dont want to go for MARS if I can put additional 60-100 quid to have some better option.

Just now, cultivateur said:

Your growspace isn't a million miles from what I started with - I used four 4 foot  / 40 watt linear fluorescents vertically and wrapped my plants around them - worked amazingly well considering - perhaps I need to recreate that with LED strips - it would take two or three 5 metre strips.

My space was a little bigger in area, but I eventually ran a 250 watt HPS in it - under 5 feet in height - no proper ventilation though :o

When I first grow on hps 100w and 40x40 box I had 2 plants and ventilation was a problem - I dont wanna do it again ,

Now for my box am planning - passive bot , gorilla mixing fan inside , a proper extractor like black orchid or smth - for the bloom I will add carbon filter .

Growing only in winter helps massively - you then end up with the opposite problem.

You've got me dreaming up an LED growing system with water cooling being used to deliver waste heat to the root zone :)

EDIT:- ventilation is primarily to supply the plants with CO2 - get that right and waste heat from lamps is almost irrelevant - though HPS delivers more IR out the front ...

(I should know - I get crap yields from lack of a hurricane blowing through the grow.

Edited by cultivateur

33 minutes ago, cultivateur said:

Growing only in winter helps massively - you then end up with the opposite problem.

You've got me dreaming up an LED growing system with water cooling being used to deliver waste heat to the root zone :)

EDIT:- ventilation is primarily to supply the plants with CO2 - get that right and waste heat from lamps is almost irrelevant - though HPS delivers more IR out the front ...

(I should know - I get crap yields from lack of a hurricane blowing through the grow.

Its true, I only had mixing one inside without any air circulation - temperatures in the morning after whole night were reaching +33 :O plants had a tough start but surprisingly when I put another two PC vents the temp dropped down to 23-25 .

Also mixing vent is important in early stages - blowing directly on plants helping them improve their stability and healthiness .

Well, idea of cooling LEDS with water that can somehow heat the plant would be nice .

EDIT . CAN SOMEONE ADVICE ON 1ST LINK PRODUCT ,

Edited by lolaszek

So this is a genuine-looking 133 electrical watt growlight designed to emulate an HID ...

Let's assume it is as effective as a 150 watt HPS ..

What is the benefit ? Apart from an improved spectrum over an HPS ?

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

I dont know, I was hoping to get an answer , am totally new to LEDs but this is my only option.  I am totally confused ;)

Edited by Owderb