Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lazy Days

Should I change from veg to bloom food?

21 posts in this topic
22 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

Hi mate,

On 27/12/2017 at 0:58 AM, Lazy Days said:

Would I be to early to change to bloom feed since they are advertised as done in 8 weeks.

Forget 8 weeks mate. Maybe 8 weeks from once they start flowering :smokin:

It is rare that bloom nutes contain enough nitrogen for the bloom period. This is why people advised you to add bloom alongside the grow.

On 27/12/2017 at 6:53 AM, JamJar said:

add in 1-2ml/l at this stage alongside the Grow or fishmix

On 27/12/2017 at 9:10 AM, GrinderMan said:

i would still only be using grow/fishmix untill stretch has stopped

On 27/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, stu914 said:

I use grow for the first week after flip, then blend grow and bloom 50/50 until end of stretch, then full bloom 'til flush

but then you wrote this

On 30/12/2017 at 9:27 PM, Lazy Days said:

I decided  to change all 3 plants over to bloom

Nice one,

Tigs :guitar:

When I asked the question, the plants were not as advanced as when I added the nutes. At that time there were very few pistols showing whereas when the nutes were changed there was distinct flowering taking place. The advice received was adjusted to suit the ever changing needs of the plant. I have to add that one or two replies were more suited to soil than hydro and I noticed you quoted from one of these responses.

Time will tell whether I did right or wrong. It's all good though. Growing plants of any type is not a step by step approach such as in car production where each action has to fit in with all other actions to a rigid set of rules.

Thanks for your input and Happy New Year.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Lazy Days said:

Happy New Year.

Same to you and yours bud, glad the plants are coming along........:yep:

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

With autos I usually wait until I have "pom poms" over the plant. Nice clusters of pistils that are already forming into buds. Then change to flowering nutes. 

The 8 weeks is breeder bullshit mate generally. Autos average 10-11 weeks as a general rule, and if you want them nicely cooked. 

Your plants look awesome buddy. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 06/01/2018 at 6:27 PM, YouAintSeenMe said:

The 8 weeks is breeder bullshit mate generally. Autos average 10-11 weeks as a general rule, and if you want them nicely cooked. 

I have been back to the seed supply site and copied this from the description,

Flowering Time 8 Weeks
Harvest 8 Weeks From Germination

When I looked before the brain only registered the 8 weeks from germination but now, looking above that I tend to believe the 8 weeks flowering time. so 11 to 12 weeks would seem more likely for the harvest.

Here's pics of the ladies today (day 42), still stretching but well into forming flowers.

large_10.jpglarge_11.jpglarge_12.jpg

Edited by Lazy Days
1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Lazy Days said:

I have been back to the seed supply site and copied this from the description,

Flowering Time 8 Weeks
Harvest 8 Weeks From Germination

When I looked before the brain only registered the 8 weeks from germination but now, looking above that I tend to believe the 8 weeks flowering time. so 11 to 12 weeks would seem more likely for the harvest.

Here's pics of the ladies today (day 42), still stretching but well into forming flowers.

large_10.jpglarge_11.jpglarge_12.jpg

Hmm again I think it's breeder bullshit and misinformation mate! There is no real veg and flowering time with autos. All kinda rolled into one as such in reality. 

The fact is a lot of people choose autos because they are impatient and want some weed now! So clearly, as an auto breeder, you're gonna promote them on speed as well as thc etc. They are simply selling a product after all. 

Your girls look really good dude. Time for a major defoliation you reckon?! Get some nice air and light to all parts of the plant. 

1 person likes this

Took the pic below at 50 days yesterday. They have stopped stretching and are now in serious bud production and only just over 7 weeks from germination. All I'm feeding them is Shogun Samurai Hydrobloom at 2 ml per litre of water. 

large_13.jpg