Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lazy Days

Should I change from veg to bloom food?

21 posts in this topic

My "Fast and Vast" autos seem to have spurted in last few days and now have pistols starting to appear. The top left one is 28 days in and the other two are 26 days. Would I be to early to change to bloom feed since they are advertised as done in 8 weeks.

Many Thanka

large.5a42ef2832a46_DSCN2302(2).jpg

3 people like this

I would add in 1-2ml/l at this stage alongside the Grow or fishmix ur using for veg as they will need N right up to the flush :bong:

2 people like this

If it was me i would still only be using grow/fishmix untill stretch has stopped then slowly introduce the bloom and if your in a soft water area calmag too.

Grinder

2 people like this

Too many questions! 

Is that a hydro bubbler system? 

Does your bloom feed contain much nitrogen?

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Bubbler buckets, one airpump feeding all three, nice little setup and looking at the plants I reckon that's spot on........:yep:

:oldtoker:

5 people like this

So answer the question wise old goat

@stu914 I'd suppose it depends on what hydro nute's the ops on?

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

wise old goat

'bout time someone realised.........:wassnnme:  :rofl:

I guess it does, I use grow for the first week after flip, then blend grow and bloom 50/50 until end of stretch, then full bloom 'til flush......

There's a way to go in the above pictures, they aren't gonna finish in another four weeks that's for sure, optimistic breeders again,

I would be tempted to put them in full bloom to try and trigger the flowering process......:yep:

6 people like this

On 27/12/2017 at 1:01 PM, Phoenix said:

Too many questions! 

Does your bloom feed contain much nitrogen?

Two bubblers and one drip ring.

Grow NPK is 6.3, 2.3, 6.

Bloom NPK is 4.3, 3.5, 6.

On 27/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, stu914 said:

Bubbler buckets, one airpump feeding all three, nice little setup and looking at the plants I reckon that's spot on........:yep:

Thank you. I find bubbler buckets so easy to use. Got so fed up with the noise of cheaper aquarium pumps that I invested in a really solid silent pump that really pumps it out.

1 person likes this

On 27/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, stu914 said:

'bout time someone realised.........:wassnnme:  :rofl:

I guess it does, I use grow for the first week after flip, then blend grow and bloom 50/50 until end of stretch, then full bloom 'til flush......

There's a way to go in the above pictures, they aren't gonna finish in another four weeks that's for sure, optimistic breeders again,

I would be tempted to put them in full bloom to try and trigger the flowering process......:yep:

Being autos, their is no flip to 12/2 and they are and will stay on 18/6. The stretch is now into its 4th or 5th day and as pic below shows, well into starting the flower stage. I reckon at the rate they are growing now, 8 weeks or maybe 9 does look possible.

large.5.jpg

Edited by Lazy Days

6 minutes ago, Lazy Days said:

8 weeks or maybe 9 does look possible.

Be interesting to see, I did a supposed nine week auto which ended up at 102 days, and it was rubbish.........:rofl:

2 people like this

Epsom foliar feed followed by a pure water drench. Then carry on regardless.

Good solid Epsom foliar feed.  

I wouldn't worry about humidity or bud rot using foliar feed at this stage or even later......

My 2p

2 people like this

After checking the plants this morning, due to their propensity of pistols I decided  to change all 3 plants over to bloom. Their water intake has greatly increased as has the smell which is taken care of with charcoal filters. I have also started a dehumidifier running in the room that houses the grow tent.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I will post some more pics in next couple of days to check progress..

Edited by Lazy Days
mis-spelt check

Hi mate,

On 27/12/2017 at 0:58 AM, Lazy Days said:

Would I be to early to change to bloom feed since they are advertised as done in 8 weeks.

Forget 8 weeks mate. Maybe 8 weeks from once they start flowering :smokin:

It is rare that bloom nutes contain enough nitrogen for the bloom period. This is why people advised you to add bloom alongside the grow.

On 27/12/2017 at 6:53 AM, JamJar said:

add in 1-2ml/l at this stage alongside the Grow or fishmix

On 27/12/2017 at 9:10 AM, GrinderMan said:

i would still only be using grow/fishmix untill stretch has stopped

On 27/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, stu914 said:

I use grow for the first week after flip, then blend grow and bloom 50/50 until end of stretch, then full bloom 'til flush

but then you wrote this

14 hours ago, Lazy Days said:

I decided  to change all 3 plants over to bloom

Nice one,

Tigs :guitar:

2 people like this

Can I add a suggestion?

I would raise the air pump  off the ground. 

It could back syphon and fuck your pump in the blink of an eye.

Ive had it happen before, and they are not cheap to replace, plus your plants wont last more than 48hrs without oxygenated water.

They look good tho, the plants that is.

2 people like this