Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hogro

More space or Watts

Afternoon all and merry Christmas!!

My question is am I better off with additional lights and room or should I keep the same space and up the Watts of the lights? 

What at is the ideal space for a 1000 watt light? 

Currently run 2 600w lights but played with the idea of running another 600 up to 3. My other option is 2 1000 watt lights?

Current space is 1.2m depth x 2.2m length x 2.6m height.

I could go a further meter out to add the additional 600 watt.

thanks for any advice 

you could probably get away with 2 1000's or the 3 600's mate, it will depend on if your fans are big enough to handle the heat....

there's a calculator for working out your question....it works out how many watts you need to cover your space....it should be pinned in the lighting or environment section.

here's the link here mate....http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

Edited by craigfjyp
add link
1 person likes this

If you are adding the extra metre alongside the 2.2 length making 3.2 x 1.2, then that's perfect for 3 x 600's.......:yep:

I had a similar space years ago and used to run three one metre sq flood and drain tables in a SOG, 24 nine week G13 clones on each, three weeks apart......

'Twas a good operation, then the wheels came off, or rather the door.......:rofl:

5 people like this

10 minutes ago, craigfjyp said:

you could probably get away with 2 1000's or the 3 600's mate, it will depend on if your fans are big enough to handle the heat....

there's a calculator for working out your question....it works out how many watts you need to cover your space....it should be pinned in the lighting or environment section.

here's the link here mate....http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

I think My fans could easily cope I have an 8” extract and 6” intake on a controller keeping it at a fixed temperature. 

Thats sound thanks mate..!!! 

1 person likes this

Just now, stu914 said:

If you are adding the extra metre alongside the 2.2 length making 3.2 x 1.2, then that's perfect for 3 x 600's.......:yep:

I had a similar space years ago and used to run three one metre sq flood and drain tables in a SOG, 24 nine week G13 clones on each, three weeks apart......

'Twas a good operation, then the wheels came off, or rather the door.......:rofl:

Im just paranoid about having more space and plants in case that dose happen to me haha.! If prefer to up my wattage and keep the space... 

so was thinking just more watts! A lad I sort of know apparently runs 4 1000w DE lights in a 2.2m x 2.2M space but has huge fans to me that’s mental haha!! The amount of heat that must produce! 

1 person likes this

What would be the optimal watts per Square feet? 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Hogro said:

What would be the optimal watts per Square feet? 

If you aim for 50w per sq foot then that's about right, you can have too much light which will cause issues......

General rule is ........1 x 400w = 1m2........1 x 600w = 1.5m2........1 x 1000w = 2m2.......

Have a look at @Golden Syrup's how light a space thread, well worth a read......

atb

stu:oldtoker:

1 person likes this