Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Golden Syrup

2018 Menu & 2017 Keepers

43 posts in this topic

Had a good year this year, first year I’ve popped new beans with every grow. Spent too long growing skunks so it was a pleasure to have some new flavours in the garden again. 

First I came across a beautiful Disco Biscuit pheno that I shall hopefully keep for a very long time. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever been in so much love with a strain. 

Second was creamy smelling Chocolate Rain from E$ckobar seeds that’s not everyone’s cup of tea but definitely mine:smoke:

Final keeper was a 24k from DNA genetics, I don’t usually run fems but got a freebie 24k a couple of years back from attitude and it was the first orange tasting strain I’d tried and I was seriously impressed:notworthy: so I had to run her again, from the 5 phenos I was left with 1 was the exact orange pheno I was searching for. So currently got her revegging at the min. 

For 2018 I’ve just brought some Road Dawg from Karma that I’m looking forward to cracking in the spring and also got some B-Line from Ot1 that I’ll also be popping at some point so 2018 is looking good :yahoo:

5 people like this

@Golden Syrup - Great thread mate :) 

Had a battle with mildew at the start of year too which caused me to shut down for a while and start fresh so 2017 I'm jut glad I'm back up and going !  

Lost all my mother stock I had previously but was helped out by a good friend when I set up again so this year for 2017 from what I can remember I grew out a fair few but have Grapefruit Diesel clone - B-Line clone - a brilliant Disco B clone - 2 different Prem sweet clones.

For 2018 I will be doing seed runs mostly I think...

I have popped some American variety called Wedding Cake Bx1 from seed junky which are cracking on I have also got a Smile on the go and some of @Vicfirth12 Psycho Animal Stompers...

I will hopefully be doing a few other seed junky bits soon too like the Sunset sherbert x high octane bx3 amongst others...

I am on the hunt for my Psychosis clone again as I lost it earlier in the year , if I have no joy I will just go through my skunk crosses n my stash :) 

Farmer 

9 people like this

Only grew a handful of plants out last year with the standouts bein a ssh x psychosister and a yeti og.

Currently got two ssh x ps a b-line and a chocolate diesel f2,been on 12/12 for the last few days.

Ive got some nice stuff in the seed tin,heres hopin I get peace to work my way through some of them :)

3 people like this

wow some really great selections this year, and I've got to say its a telling picture that a lot of us are moving or have moved firmly away from the big european "breeders". 

On 12/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, GrowYaBoat said:

More karma strains for me as every female was rock solid , chrystal laden ,  sour lemon and lime , minty cherry powerhouses. Glass jewels of pleasure that left me flabbergasted at the bud to leaf ratio.

I am going to wait and see what the Biker Kush come out like first before I commit to anymore karma gear, the germination I had on them was very poor but the quality of the 3 plants I have grown are very good, even the male stinks.

On 12/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, stummer said:

Sunshine day dream next for me and whatever else is around at the time, know star dawg is there. Just ashamed sample I saw wasn't dried properly but my mates running it now so will see what its all about. After that probably run some connoisseur genetics stuff. Finish off the year by running some haze, not sure what yet but wanna try some other than ami which is basically all that's about all the time, I love it but just want something different.

SSDD is always a winner, I am going off stardawg a bit its alright but its not anything great, even grown well. 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, Gerfish said:

Golden Tiger

And as many more strains as I can :yep: 

I have had my eye on Ace and Cannabiogen for a while but have always been reluctant but now I have an extra space for flowering stuff from seed off I may get some, Golden Tiger has  always tickled my fancy as does the Destroyer, but some of those 14 - 16 week flowering times put me off lol 

On 12/28/2017 at 0:16 PM, lildaveham said:

@Breezus

Maybe at some point in the future but gotta get a cut and as I said if I am lucky :yinyang:

All the best

peace!

lil d.

Aye I think that I'd like to get the cut of Space Queen back but its always the first plant to start with a problem if one is going to hit I always thought it was like a magnet so I am a little scared to reintroduce it lol but its got a great high under the full spectrum lights, proper stupifying. I really enjoyed it.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:46 PM, FARMER G said:

@Golden Syrup - Great thread mate :) 

Had a battle with mildew at the start of year too which caused me to shut down for a while and start fresh so 2017 I'm jut glad I'm back up and going !  

Lost all my mother stock I had previously but was helped out by a good friend when I set up again so this year for 2017 from what I can remember I grew out a fair few but have Grapefruit Diesel clone - B-Line clone - a brilliant Disco B clone - 2 different Prem sweet clones.

For 2018 I will be doing seed runs mostly I think...

I have popped some American variety called Wedding Cake Bx1 from seed junky which are cracking on I have also got a Smile on the go and some of @Vicfirth12 Psycho Animal Stompers...

I will hopefully be doing a few other seed junky bits soon too like the Sunset sherbert x high octane bx3 amongst others...

I am on the hunt for my Psychosis clone again as I lost it earlier in the year , if I have no joy I will just go through my skunk crosses n my stash :) 

Farmer 

Aye the dreaded mildew is horrible I really hope I never come across it again! Im looking forward to seeing how you get on with the wedding cake BX we hear alot about these jungle boyz/ seed junky stuff a lot lately

4 hours ago, Salty said:

Only grew a handful of plants out last year with the standouts bein a ssh x psychosister and a yeti og.

Currently got two ssh x ps a b-line and a chocolate diesel f2,been on 12/12 for the last few days.

Ive got some nice stuff in the seed tin,heres hopin I get peace to work my way through some of them :)

Whats the deal with the Yeti OG? My mate got some MOAB x Yeti OG freebies in with a seed order :v:

Glad to see you about Salty :yinyang: 

6 people like this

@Golden Syrup with regards to Karma I've been smoking a lot of Headbanger that a friend has grown lately and have to say I'm really impressed. Biker Kush is one of the parents, if the offspring is anything to go by I think you might be in for a treat.

Maybe I might add some Karma beans into the mix depending on how people get on with them. 

3 people like this

@Golden Syrup - Yes the Jungleboyz have a lot to answer for for these strains from the states getting such publicity but to be fair the majority look really good but the fact that they have state of the art equipment and about 50,000watts over them helps them just a little bit lol 

Yea the cakes will be interesting I'm looking forward to seeing if I get any females and what they turn out to be like :) 

Farmer 

2 people like this

The year of the Disco Biscuit and Premier Sweets for me,pulled the last lot down begining of December.

In flower at the mo are:

Psychosis x Blues

Oldtimes x Amnesia

Psychosis x Killers

Psychosis x Animal Stomper

Psychosis x Disco Biscuit

Psychosis x PsychoSister

Smottie

Psychosis x (not sure) My little wooden plant marker got wet and muddy and I can`t make out what it`s crossed with. 

After these it`s back to Ugorg with these:

Killers

Blues

Disco Biscuit

Ugorg #1

Prem sweet

Honey Badger

All the best in 2018 folks. :yep:

Tenchie.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Golden Syrup said:

Whats the deal with the Yeti OG? My mate got some MOAB x Yeti OG freebies in with a seed order :v:

It's a well worked backcross of Loompa's Headband/Underdawg cut.

I also have a pack of freebies with it as a parent so I looked it up and it sounded promising.

1 person likes this

Had a slow year last year but still cropped some nice plants of amnesia core, smellyberry, KillerSkunk, psychosis, grapefruit Diesel & lemon lime Jones. 

Next year I’ve got some Disco Biscuit and Premier Sweet up first, then a further selection of Ugorg seeds to run over the next few grows.

3 people like this

On 29/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Golden Syrup said:

Glad to see you about Salty :yinyang: 

Im always about @Golden Syrup mucker,just havnt been postin.

Like @Bubbles Depot said,basically a sour kush bx. 

I grew out a yeti cross a couple of years ago 12/12 fae seed and loved it so I couldnt believe my luck when I was gifted six beans. 

Ive got a couple left so al do somethin with them soon.

All the best.

3 people like this

On 29/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Golden Syrup said:

some of those 14 - 16 week flowering times put me off lol 

Yup, but I'm building up to Oldtimer's Haze!

I'd love to run it and I have to start somewhere.

I've proven that, incompetent a grower as I am, most times yield will be sufficient for my use.

That gives me a bit of leeway in the search for that better buzz, that better taste, that better pain relief that we all know is out there.

1 person likes this

Some great strains to persue for the future

1 person likes this

Pretty much everything i have germinated last year and this year has been awesome ! 1 bad egg really and that was only because it wasnt for me and that was the Alien Genetics stuff.

Wedding Cake - Just harvested for first time and im already in love ! huge thick dense boulders of stinking and i mean stinking kush flowers ! very high caylx to leaf ratio too which is a massive bonus.

Lemon Lime Pie - Had 3 different genos and all 3 where really good but one was so special the others just didnt make the cut !

Psycho Animal Stomper - Still growing both genos...tells you everything :) 

Footloose - Amazing strains amazing terpenes, have all 3 going as they all bring something different to the table.

Have some MAC to play with plus some Joe Boxer and Tropicanna Kush , a friend also has the Zkittles original seeds so i may ask nicely and see if i can have a go on those too !!

Framer G