Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Golden Syrup

2018 Menu & 2017 Keepers

42 posts in this topic

Often imitated yet never beaten I welcome you to the third annual Menu & Keepers thread, you can find 2015/16 here and 2016/17 here.

As always in our hobby its been a mad one this past year, life can throw you all sorts of curve balls can't it? I know myself and other members here have had a tough past 12 months but if theres one thing I am certain of it's thats lots of beans have been put down this year, we've had some great subbie seed submissions from the likes of @madgiz @Vicfirth12 and @GreenVision so lets come together, here now at Christmas time, and share the true love, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the pure pond weed we've found this year!

Last year I posted I was running these:

2017 I'll be running from clone:

Disco Biscuit

Smile

Tangie

Spacequeen

and from seed I'll be (hopefully) running:

Disco Biscuit

C99

Hashmaster

(e2a if I can get the space late next year)

Disco Biscuit x Azure Haze

Azure Haze F2

I did a bit better than last year in that everything on my clone list got flowered, including "Purple Stardawg". I unfortunately suffered a massive outbreak of Powdery Mildew that started on the Space Queen and despite my best efforts quickly spread and I was left with a mildew battle on my hands nearly every crop so everything got chucked in the bin and I started again. Thankfully managed to get the Stardawg and my Disco Biscuit back thanks to a good IRL friend of mine who kept them as mothers since before the infection. 

The Disco Biscuit x Azure Haze and Azure Haze F2 got a really big run in a friends room, 50 seeds were put down and flowered so we got a really good idea of what was at play, there was some really nice plants but on the whole wasn't what we were looking for so it was back to the drawing board. 

At the start of the year I put down 10 seeds of my Lot5evoF2 and a pack of Sunshine Daydream from Bodhi, I was having all sorts of troubles at the time having just moved into a new house so I never managed to get any cuttings rooted much much much to my distress because there were 2 Sunshine Daydream plants that I would give anything back for I must think about them everyday. Bodhi has done another drop and I have already bagged a pack, if you fancy giving it a go I recommend getting a pack of seeds quickly before they are all gone again. Big thanks to @Hiphip for the recommendation! 

Currently in a smaller tent in my room I have the following flowering: 

Kings Stash (King Louie OG XIII x Dosidos) (Wanted to try king louie or a cross since @VRG mentioned it to me a while ago, before I had tried GSC and Disco Biscuit)

Gelato 33 "Larry Bird" x Dosidos 

Biker Kush (Hells angel OG BX)

Granola Funk (GSC x Wookie)

and Disco Biscuit (again!) in the big tent. 

Next year I will have my hands full with the seeds I have put down already, but I will almost certainly be putting a pack of Sunshine Daydream down, and the Sour Butter x G13/88HP cross I got as freebies which I think is Bodhis favourite SSDD pheno. 

So come on thee growers, what stood out for you this year? Did you find that special keeper you'll keep for life, or is it back to tude with ya? Whats next year got in store, which breeders are you avoiding like a bad case of clap and which ones can't you get enough of? 

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, with happy times and vigorous stinking plants :yinyang: :rockon:

20 people like this

I'm going to run from Clone this Year.

Goji Og

Silver Mountain

Smile

Seedism Cheese

Cream Mandarine

Im not bringing new genetics into my groom this year , at least I don't plan to. I did run cheese seeds from Seedism this year and Ghost Train Moonshine Haze seeds from Rare dankness. I'm not sure wether I'm going to make these 2 keepers as I have too many Bonzai mums as it is.

Other Keeper mums I have , but don't plan to run (well maybe the Z7 if my Jars run low) are :

Z7

Critical plus 2.0

CBD Skunk Haze

Jack Herer 

Bubblegum ( Mad Mutant , hard to grow )

Cheers,

Al

7 people like this

Iv just hatched all the freebies i got from the choice crimbo promo, theres a couple i fancy and i do this from time to time; a smaller grow in a cupboard with all freebies, i like the variety.

Best result of this year was getting sour kush cutting back, the scum took my sour mother and 20 other plants in january but i didnt get done for it......kiss my arse

This year apart from the freebies il be running another tent of sour kush to get me stocked up, then disco biscuit and subbie beans in a regular grow and after that i dont know....:yinyang:

8 people like this

Popped a lot of seeds this year looking for replacements for my lost mother plants.

I found at least one definite keeper in Josh D OG, and i've just started a second run of my favourite Ox and Dolato phenos to decide if they are going to stay longer term.

Next up is Gorilla Bubble BX2 and then Insane Chem 91 and Queen of Soul.

5 people like this

Firstly I'm going to set up a clone and mother station and actually get serious about finding and keeping quality plants next year. 

Then I am very much looking forward to running Disco Biscuit and Blues and hoping I find a killer keeper from each. 

Also I'll probably grab a gorilla glue cut off a friend. 

Oh and I currently have a white walker kush in flower that I'm going to try and re-veg fingers crossed for her she looks really good can't wait to sample her!

I may even get my ass properly in gear and subscribe and get some subbie seeds on the go we shall see! 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Al Swearengen said:

I'm going to run from Clone this Year.

Goji Og

Silver Mountain

Smile

Seedism Cheese

Cream Mandarine

I have both Smile and Goji OG beans in my tub kindly gifted to me by @SkyRider and I am keen to get the smile down especially after losing my mother. So very thankful for having the beans now! Hope we get to see some diaries from you mate :yinyang:

1 hour ago, Bubbles Depot said:

I found at least one definite keeper in Josh D OG

Had my eye on the Josh D OG for a little while now, which is why I am giving the Biker Kush a go before I decide to spend any more money on Karma gear, hope we get to see a josh d og story from yourself sir :yinyang:

Edited by Golden Syrup
6 people like this

tough year for me too 2017 has been but onwards and upwards from here.

been gifted clones of these 

stardawg

lemonade kush

clementine 

and have these from seed about a week old

skywalker kush

pineapple express

moby dick 

also have 5 orange diesel (lady sativa ) that I'm waiting on clones to root to sex them but think ive got 5 males

saying good bye and good riddance to chocolope no keepers going forward on the hunt for some new ones and looking forward to it

5 people like this

Not done too much in 2017 for a few reasons,  but 2018 going to be more productive year for sure.

Starting off 2018 with Chongs Choice seeds from Paradise then it will be on to Oldtimers Oldtimes along with two strains from Madgiz.

A good cannabis year ahead :smokin:

4 people like this

Good to see you back hunting after the re start.. I still on the hunt having pulled two grows this year due to security issues... At the moment I growing out Ganesh Spirit maybe find one there to keep...After this one I am doing now I prob do Gogi Og and maybe bubblegum see what happens... Hope next year you find what you hunt ..:oldtoker:

5 people like this

you know me ill grow whatever i get given or have in me fridge ..but 2018 im hoping brings the holy grail for me ..something that tastes like a mcdonalds banana milkshake ..

8 people like this

1 hour ago, old creekers said:

Starting off 2018 with Chongs Choice seeds from Paradise

The Black Kush Berry looks really nice from them too, I enjoyed Ice Cream from Paradise but its a bit euro and it puts me off further paradise stuff, let us know how you get on!

1 hour ago, Marthur Ix said:

Hope next year you find what you hunt ..:oldtoker:

And you dude and hopefully a more secure 2018! Lots of us doing Goji OG next year it seems, a popular one! 

@vince noir rock n roll star Haven't you been swooning over the Sex Bud this year?

4 people like this

Been a funny year for me...strictly been using reused mix from last year's growing and also some dabbling with the coco for some fun since having issues germing back in August.  I seem to get germination troubles at that time of year for some reason as the previous year was the same when I tried germing the crimbo run :unsure: which lost me a pack of Dark Devils, so I still haven't got to smoke that one out :wallbash:

Had some tidy results and some not so tidy...notable strain for the year was the Seedsman Power Africa...I loved it, smoked really good, good producer, flavours and buzz well happy with too, aye it surprised me it did ;)  They were all good mind, the Seedsman gear I ran...Jack Herrer was the one that didn't do it for me so much, really good lemony flavour and lightest smoke on the chest I've ever toked but I wasn't so keen on the high and went through it pretty quick.  Blueberry was good too, strong and full of flavour.

One the compo with the run so well happy with that and waiting for it to arrive now...other notable strains were the Sweets Seeds Ice Cool, I loved that one, full on Diesel flavours and something else too, apples, like Granny Smith, excellent high, got the last GP FV on the go right now and this one is a bit more pokey than the ones run in the diary, she;s coming down next week.   Remo Chemo still cooking out and the Bubba Kush CBD grown at the close of last year was a decent smoke for the start of this one.  Wasn't so impressed with Early Amnesia CBD though, I dunno, I just don;t think Ammo strains suit me tbh...didn't find much in the EA CBD at all and toked it all very quickly. 

So yeah, a mixed bag all in all, this coming year though I really want to get some regulars grown out and do a seed run at some point to ensure a supply of stock beans in the fridge should the world end lol  Got a few subbies here I want play about with, Smile F2 by Madgiz (if you haven't tried his cooking, then do so because when I ran the Bangi Haze x Psychosister it blew me away...nothing I've grown since in my box has come in comparison to yield, they really did perform, was strong as fook and great buzz to boot!)

Still got Icky's SSH x PS too that comes with a very good rep plus HH's Ghanian oh and the Smotties I won thanks to Farmer G :v:  when can get a mail off to Joolz lol

Aye, looking forard to the next years growing, gonna playing about with the system too...gonna try a vert system at some point :naughty:

7 people like this

Dinafem Diesel makes the wife perky and keeps her cleaning up,bonus.

I've discovered that any strain with heavy crystal formation can be a bitch to smoke when you have piles,read - mmmm so tasty cough cough oww ouch oooh bastard fookin' piles.

RGS's Gorilla Haze really twisted my mind but it rewarded me with a myriad of medical effects that kept me happily smoking it.

Three Dina Critical2 gave me one plant with a deep,zesty proper Orange flavour pre/post smoke and a solid,smooth hit so will do it again in the hope of more Orange,don't enjoy most of the lemony strains apart from RGS's Lemonade OG that hits you with a deep sweet Lemsip flavour shortly followed by the fizz on your tastebuds,freaky but nice.

Sweet Seeds Killer Kush that's been a bit like a strain celebrity this year indoors and out.Mine was indoors and I got shafted with mould but what a fine smoke.

I can't remember all the Sweet Seeds I've done in ones and two's of but I do know there wasn't a bad one amongst them.

First up in 2018 will be a Remo re-grow that I'm really looking forward to after shafting the last one a bit.

I don't know what I'll be growing next year but I do know I'll be completely obsessed with each one I do and next year will yet again be measured by flowering times.

5 people like this

sexbud will be on the menu ..its too nice ,cant wait to chong it in the summertime ..it was made for it .

3 people like this

More karma strains for me as every female was rock solid , chrystal laden ,  sour lemon and lime , minty cherry powerhouses. Glass jewels of pleasure that left me flabbergasted at the bud to leaf ratio.

7 people like this