Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Idiot At Large

Hello, lets get growing.

41 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Idiot At Large said:

he recommended Critical+ 2.0 - Dinafem and told me about seedfinder.eu

That's a good start........I am more concerned about your environment bud, it's the most important thing 'cos if it's not right, nothing works properly.

I'm in a diy bubbler as well so can give you some pointers if needed, just tag me....:yep:

:oldtoker:

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, stu914 said:

That's a good start........I am more concerned about your environment bud, it's the most important thing 'cos if it's not right, nothing works properly.

I'm in a diy bubbler as well so can give you some pointers if needed, just tag me....:yep:

That is very good to know!! I'm looking at getting a 150mm/6" Mountain Air filter and fan kit.

Also on shopping list is:

E.C truncheon

Hailea dual outlet air pump

Appropriate sized air stone (help needed)

Hailea HX-1500 pump 

Battery powered pump for draining

4 way manifold (still trying to source this)

Currently have cool tube with MH veg and HPS flower and looking to venting from tent into room (however could possibly vent into loft if it would be better)... with this would I need inlet fan or would passive be ok?

3 minutes ago, Idiot At Large said:

That is very good to know!! I'm looking at getting a 150mm/6" Mountain Air filter and fan kit.

Also on shopping list is:

E.C truncheon

Hailea dual outlet air pump  have a look at eheim 400.....I use two with four golf ball airstones, two pumps in case one goes down, things can get shitshaped PDQ

Appropriate sized air stone (help needed)   as above

Hailea HX-1500 pump what's this one for?.......funny enough I use one of these to fill my res after a change

Battery powered pump for draining Google " build your own bubbler " it explains how to intstall a drain/nute level tube on the side of the res, works a treat..

4 way manifold (still trying to source this) I use four independent airlines one to each stone, two on each pump,

Currently have cool tube with MH veg and HPS flower and looking to venting from tent into room (however could possibly vent into loft if it would be better)... with this would I need inlet fan or would passive be ok?

Ahhh....some of the shopping list........;):rofl:

That size fan should be able to cope with a 600hps without need for an intake fan, I have no knowledge of this make but tend to steer clear of ready assembled 'kits'

as there always seems to be a weak component, I can't emphasise enough, this is the most important part of the set-up, get this right and the rest is a breeze

Venting back into the same room will cause mould and humidity issues, the loft is ok, if it is well ventilated.

A fan controller is pretty much essential as well

I recommend sensi nutes which does away with the need for a ph meter, if you're using canna you will need to add one to the list (+calibration fluids)

Recommend an aquarium heater for the res, temps need to be 18 - 20c.

If you go into the hydro section on here there is a pinned thread on bubbler buckets, you'll pick up some good info there.........

:yep:   :oldtoker:

2 people like this

@stu914 

The kit is Mountain Air filter, RVK fan and 5m ducting.

The HX1500 is to pump the nutes up to the manifold then to the net pots... I got the idea from a guide on growweedeasy.com called Top-Fed DWC Cannabis Setup Guide - Bubbleponics basically I have been trying to copy that...

I'll look at that post you mentioned.

You won't need to top feed the net pots bud, as long as the clones/seedlings have a good root structure before they go into the dwc,

they will be fine. The humidity in the air gap at the top of the res is plenty to encourage the roots down into the nutes.

Your fan and filter looks fine....:yep:

1 person likes this

@stu914 Only took 3 days but finally finished the bubbler post!! Really interesting read. I will post up my grow room and tag you once I get it sorted.

1 person likes this

Out of curiosity @stu914 what light do you put your rockwool cubes under till they're showing roots and what size cube do you plonk in your 3" net pot? 

I have a Garland GAL36FB Fab Four Electric Heated Propagator off Amazon that I need a light for till I can put the plant under the vegging light.

1 person likes this

Hi bud,

I use bog standard cfl 20w daylight saving bulbs from B&Q, they work fine for seedlings, clones and veg........plus they're easy to get and cheap to run......

If you go with a 4" mesh pot the 3" cube fits nicely into it. Make sure you take off the paper, put the block into the pot, backfill with pebbles.

Hand water from the bottom about 1/3 of the way up to encourage the roots down, easiest way is to dip them, never soak the 3" block, they hold way to much water.

Once the roots are well through the mesh then they're ready for the bubbler......:yep:

1 person likes this

Could that bulb go into a normal desk lamp?

1 hour ago, Idiot At Large said:

Could that bulb go into a normal desk lamp?

You can pick up the bulb holders for pennies and yes they are standard household size......:yep:

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, stu914 said:

You can pick up the bulb holders for pennies and yes they are standard household size......:yep:

Excellent, better go spend some pennies tomorrow and will update ASAP.