Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lincs

New new newbie

Hello 

Right. Basically I am from Lincoln and I need some advice on how to go about finding a reputable person to sort me out without getting myself in trouble or getting my hands on bad stuff. 

I have never touched anything before. From a very straight and boring cotton woll wrapped family. I have recently been diagnosed with epilepsy and it's causing depression too so I am wanting to try smoke this to hopefully alleviate my symptoms. The trouble is I literally don't know where to start. 

My husband (bless him) went into a shop in Manchester last week. It's a tabacoist that sells bongs and grinders etc and he asked where he could get some. The shop keeper shouted at him that he is calling the police and that was the end of that haha. 

I'm not asking for names or contacts or anything. Just some tips on how to get started, where to look, and how to avoid getting anything that might harm me. 

Sorry for intruding on your world! Really hope you don't mind giving me some pointers. I'm just trying to feel better really. Thanks 

High there @Lincs 

As far as I am aware hooking people up is not allowed on here.

But as for tips, do you know your local area? Is there a pub? 

It might be be difficult for you to get a good deal if you are as green as you sound, no offence like.

Or you could take the site ethos on board and grow your own. The community is full of all the info a persy grower needs. Hope that helps. Jj:yinyang:

3 people like this

39 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

High there @Lincs 

As far as I am aware hooking people up is not allowed on here.

But as for tips, do you know your local area? Is there a pub? 

It might be be difficult for you to get a good deal if you are as green as you sound, no offence like.

Or you could take the site ethos on board and grow your own. The community is full of all the info a persy grower needs. Hope that helps. Jj:yinyang:

Yeah I was aware that I wouldn't get sent a little list of contacts and just wanted some tips. 

Thanks for taking the time to give me advice. I do have a big house with an unused attic and one unused room and the more I read the more I think it might be possible to grow. Cheers.

3 people like this

Sorry to hear about your condition...

I spent several years out of the UK and could not get hooked up when I got back - new town etc. So, my wife did what your hubby did in one of them shops, and that was back when they could sell a whole range of chemical legal highs... She didn't get shouted at, she got the, "you're fekin kidding me right" look! :eek: Then they tried to sell me kratom!! A heroin substitute!!

So, in short, difficulties trying to get a hold of weed is what convinced me that I should grow my own - I could not be happier having made that choice to do that!

I'd second @Jibba jabba and have a chat with your hubby...

In any case, good luck! :v:

2 people like this

No worries, I tried to not sound like a pirate :pugwash: aargh.

Sounds like you have got a fair bit of space to play with,@Linc1 A mate of mine also has eplisepy(probably spelt it wrong) and cataplexy and has said it helps reduce his seizures.He doesn't really smoke a lot either. Take care, Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

Id go with looking into a little grow setup. If you have not started the habbit of buying it by the gram i wouldnt reccomend to. You can learn everything you need to know on here to grow it and thrn harvest it to either smoke to cook with. 

JJ

Goodluck

2 people like this

Is there a local Cannabis Club'? That or start growing! A medium tent will keep two moderate smokers going all year, for a fraction of the cost.

3 people like this

31 minutes ago, bearukc said:

A medium tent will keep two moderate smokers going all year, for a fraction of the cost.

Yup! I have a fairly small set-up - 60X60X140 cm and I run a small wattage (150watt dual spec) high pressure sodium bulb in there... Moderate consumption is about right for me and mrs s - it does us fine and the cost is negligible after getting kitted out.

Good luck!

4 people like this

5 hours ago, Lincs said:

Hello 

Right. Basically I am from Lincoln and I need some advice on how to go about finding a reputable person to sort me out without getting myself in trouble or getting my hands on bad stuff. 

I have never touched anything before. From a very straight and boring cotton woll wrapped family. I have recently been diagnosed with epilepsy and it's causing depression too so I am wanting to try smoke this to hopefully alleviate my symptoms. The trouble is I literally don't know where to start. 

My husband (bless him) went into a shop in Manchester last week. It's a tabacoist that sells bongs and grinders etc and he asked where he could get some. The shop keeper shouted at him that he is calling the police and that was the end of that haha. 

I'm not asking for names or contacts or anything. Just some tips on how to get started, where to look, and how to avoid getting anything that might harm me. 

Sorry for intruding on your world! Really hope you don't mind giving me some pointers. I'm just trying to feel better really. Thanks 

A trip to Amsterdam might be a good start, at least the dutch "tobacconists" won't be threatening to call the police.

7 hours ago, Lincs said:

Hello 

Pleasure to make your acquaintance @Lincs

Please do not apologise for "intruding" everyone is welcome here. Well with the exception of the boys in blue perhaps. 

I strongly would urge you to consider growing for a variety of reasons. 

Firstly the whole point of this forum is to ditch the dealer. Growing your own and being self sufficient is the only way to achieve that goal. 

Secondly quality assurance! By growing your own you know exactly what you have. For medical purposes I would recommend an organic source and also a strain that has a high CBD content (50:50) the only way you know that's what you are going to get is if you grow it yourself. Buying from a dealer it will be commercially grown with chemicals likely not even flushed, dried or cured properly and will certainly be a product with maximum recreational value, which doesn't mean it won't help you I believe all forms of cannabis have some theraputic value. But maximum theraputic effects will only be achieved by figuring out what cannabinoid profile is the most effective for you. There is a bit of trial and error involved but it's a long term solution so it's worth finding out what suits you best. 

Thirdly its easy! It's not as difficult as you think. This is a plant that will grow almost anywhere. There are plenty of users on these boards that grow outside right here in sunny blighty! 

If you are sensible it has almost no risk it is scary at first but once you have a couple of grows under your belt you'll wonder why you didn't start sooner. 

Fourthly (never got this far before but if that's not a word it is now! Hahaha) it's cheaper like much much cheaper than buying it. 

5- (fifthly didn't sound right) it's a good skill to have. The medical applications of this plant are far reaching I'm firm believer that everyone who is able, should have the skills to grow this plant. 

6- Pardon my French... It's fucking awesome! Like seriously it's the best hobby ever nothing brings me more enjoyment... well some things but you get my point. 

7- I am almost certain it will help you. I've seen what a difference this plant can make to the lives of those that are suffering first hand. Once you have experienced this for yourself you will become incredibly angry about how this medicine is being withheld from those in need because it "has no known medicinal value" 

8- I'm going to leave it there otherwise this list could go on forever... Just get a grow on and see for yourself! 

Keep it green 

4 people like this