Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Danyy19862003

Hi guys new member here ( yield)

So I'm doing  my first grow in a space of 6x5 I'm using 6x600w HP's lights over 12 plants In smart pots has anyone got a round idea what kind of yield I will,be  looking at ?

Thanks in,advance 

Probably a custodial sentence with that many lamps bud.  That's a lot of personal smoke.  Your in at the deep end if you don't know that a skillful or indeed lucky grower can yield a gram per watt of leccy.

10 people like this

@Danyy19862003

hey bud,

if you don't have any problems during the grow and your environment and everything's dialled in you should get about 20oz for each 600w light.

that's working it out at a gpw.....that's what you want to be aiming for.....

1 person likes this

That's 120W per foot, that's more than double the gold standard of about 50w per foot.

3 lights would be ample for that space, anymore than that and you would need Co2 to see much of a benefit.

Edited by boltedrocket
3 people like this

6ft by 5ft with 6 x 600w lights ? Crap thats insane, wayyyyy tooo much.  You will overheat and get lightburn imo.  You will get zero bud, and quite a bit of charcoal !

1 person likes this

We are either in meters and were are way underpowered in a fucking huge room or way overpowered in an average size room.

Might I suggest some research before you get busted. 3600w is an awful lot of light for what sounds like a first grow seeing as your asking a proper noob of a question

edit; just seen it is your first grow. Definitely do some research

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
7 people like this

lol

What on earth possessed you to get 6 lamps for your first grow? This is in metres no? You couldnt possibly be mental enough to try and fit 6 lamps in a 5x6ft tent? Is it one lamp per 2mx2.5m? Either way i think you should have done some more reading before you made this sort of commitment. Based on my perception of your choices so far, I wouldnt want to risk getting your hopes up with yield estimates. Too many factors, the biggest factor being you and your attention to detail...

Edited by SevernValleySavant
1 person likes this

all you need is 1 x 600w x m2, that will be the most economical and easiest to control environment wise, theres nothing to say you cant have as many lights as you like, but, imo, new grower x all them w x all that heat x that space = a nightmare, with nothing much to show after 3 months of environmental problems and a scary electricity bill at the end of it all, just saying like,

dj...

1 person likes this

My post read harsher than it should've, my apologies. For the 6 lights, you should be maxing out around at 3 1/2 kg, providing everything is dialed in and done right. You can probably expect half of that on your first run in soil, if you dont have too many problems.

Hi @Danyy19862003

Reading through the posts here and given this is your first grow, its seems to me that it might be useful for to you to start with a scaled down grow (depending on how your space is constructed) and aim to use one or two of them 600watt HPS - you'll save a shed load on lecky and still pull a good haul with a half decent grow, a bit of luck and pointers from the diaries, forums and well really helpful bunch of folks on the boards here  - you'll learn a shed load doing the grow and then, well, you'll have the experience to make the decisions others are suggesting, some implicit...

I'm just saying this as its what I'd do, obviously, each of us is free to do what we want, but there are very good intentions in the comments above however you read them.

I guess one other concern here is, how are you set to manage your power usage? What extraction and filtration have you got planned - even a very small grow will kick up an almighty stink when it gets cooking... Anyway, that's my tupence...

:v:

2 people like this

22 hours ago, SevernValleySavant said:

lol

What on earth possessed you to get 6 lamps for your first grow? This is in metres no? You couldnt possibly be mental enough to try and fit 6 lamps in a 5x6ft tent? Is it one lamp per 2mx2.5m? Either way i think you should have done some more reading before you made this sort of commitment. Based on my perception of your choices so far, I wouldnt want to risk getting your hopes up with yield estimates. Too many factors, the biggest factor being you and your attention to detail...

This is my first grow going alone

my last one u done with a friend in exact the same space but was using 4 1000w and one 1000w day light and pulled down 96oz off 12 plants I thought dropping the watt may have been better,plus our last one was in the summer 

Edited by Danyy19862003
1 person likes this

21 hours ago, SevernValleySavant said:

My post read harsher than it should've, my apologies. For the 6 lights, you should be maxing out around at 3 1/2 kg, providing everything is dialed in and done right. You can probably expect half of that on your first run in soil, if you dont have too many problems. Thanks bud ,this is actually the second one I've done but completey alone last one in,the summer in the same kinda space with higher watts we pulled just,shy of 100kg of 12 I thought the plants were a bit heat stressed so this time around thinking if I dropped the wattage would be healthier for the plants

Did you just say 100kg? 12 plants? :huh:

1 minute ago, SevernValleySavant said:

Did you just say 100kg? 12 plants? :huh:

I meant oz I have no idea why I wrote kg!! my bad 

Ah I see, 100oz, so just over 2 1/2 kg. To be honest I'd imagine 6x600w struggling to match 5x1000w lights in intensity and spread, so I'd probably use your last yield as a target rather than an expectation. Still definitely achievable, but it will depend on how good you are at reading the plants, your environment and whether you use any training or associated techniques on them to maximise what youre getting from your lights.