Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gr0wr

First grow advice

Hi folks, first time grower here and I'm about 10 days in. Ive read a lot on here and have already found a few things I would do differently next time round.

Ive started with 2 plants growing in soil in a small space (1m x 1m x 2m). I've already potted straight into 1L and have bought 18L pots to pot up into. Im wondering if 18L Is too big for this space. I'm using dimmable ballast so 250/400/600 hps. Is there any better size pot to go into?

Cheers :)

No one can help until we know what type of plants you are using, ie, auto's, regulars, fems or clones

Owd

Edited by Owderb

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention. They are Barneys Chronic thunder, fem seeds, non auto.

Thanks.

Edited by Gr0wr

You'd have made it easier for yourself if you would have used more plants like at least 4 plants in 11ltrs. With you only having 2 plants you will have to give your plants the chance to yield the attainable 20oz+ under 600w therefor you will need to top and train to properly fill the canopy. You will need at least your 18ltr pots because you will need two big plants that could yield 10oz. 

Potting up in compost is important and 1-18ltr is far too much. I'd go 1-3-6ltr. I would make sure the 6ltr is fully rooted and a solid system before then going into my 18ltrs. In fact if in compost I'd go at least 20ltr

Owd

5 people like this

Thanks for the reply Owd.

It was actually reading one of your posts on grow space which I alluded to earlier when I mentioned doing things differently next time. I should have gone more plants with a shorter veg time to attain the same yeild.

Can I just start another 2 off now and flip them 12/12 at them same time or would that cause issues. I'm about 10 days in and 6th set of leave are just showing.

If not I guess I'm going to have to stick with the 2 plants for this grow and learn more for the next grow. To be honest I had no idea I could expect 20+ from these 2. I'd be happy with half of that.

Thanks again :)

Edited by Gr0wr

Plant more:yep:seeds fill the tent-OUT:gossip:more than two

2 people like this

Imo 2 plants if a good number for a first grow nice long veg period to learn all the tricks :D wish i had done less plants but bigger tbh 

10 days in u can pop some more for sure just do some lst on the older plants to keep them low for the other to catch up? 

Edited by JamJar
3 people like this

Thanks for the input guys. I'm in 2 minds as to what to do. I might just keep it as 2 until I find my feet so to speak.

They are currently under my T5 and one seems to be a bit slower/thinner than the other. Hope it's not a runt :mellow:

Maybe start a diary. Doesnthave to be fancy just a few pics and updates when you have the time.. pictures speak a 1000 words lol lots of pros on here that can see things happening ahesd of time 

Goodluck

3 people like this

Yep, good idea, I'll do that. :)

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Gr0wr said:

Yep, good idea, I'll do that. :)

It really is - in addition to reading up, and getting as much information as you can, which you're already doing :yep: a diary and the reflections of the good folks here will teach you a LOT! Did me..! ;) still always learning more each day!!

Good luck with your grow @Gr0wr

2 people like this

@Gr0wr

If you start a couple of autos now, by the time the first two are ready to be flowered the autos will be done.

Fills up the empty space to begin with and gives you something in the jars while you're waiting for the others to finish.

There's some good autos out there which will finish in plenty of time, try Dinafem or Sweet Seeds.......:yep:

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

2 people like this

Thanks Stu,

I got into a bit of a panic about the weaker looking plant and decided to germ the other seeds I have of the same strain. I never thought about starting off a couple of autos, good idea. I'll see if I can pick a couple up tomorrow.

Cheers :)

3 people like this

hope your grow  goes well mate .... keep us up to speed on how your getting along

4 people like this

Cheers. I've started a diary as advised. Hopefully the folks on here will keep me on track. It will be good to look back on for in next grow too. :)

Edited by Gr0wr
3 people like this