Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FTMC420

Greetings all of the UK420 community

18 posts in this topic

Hello all of UK420!

I am a brand new member to this forum and 1st time grower looking to gain as much experience and advise from the community to help develop my knowledge and love for the plant even further! I have been a "behind the scenes" user of this website for quite a while now with reading some of the brilliant resources provided to educate myself and ensure that I understand the plant and especially environment control as much I can! 

I have been lucky enough to make acquaintance of an extremely well respected member of the Cannabis community in the UK which has enlightened me massively over Cannabis; stonedcircle. Not only from the endless amazing flavors but also for the medicinal benefits and processes in extracting to the very highest standard! Over my time spent with himself educating me and the fact that high standard organic weed is so hard to come by around with me I have finally decided to make the jump into the growing and to ditch the dealer!

There is a huge amount for me to learn and i'm going to be creating a grow diary for my first grow where i will be experimenting with different training and growing styles and also different size of pots so if anyone has any advice and experience they can pass on it would be massively appreciated!

Hope you all have an awesome day and happy growing & smoking to all :smokin:

Mess

10 people like this

I've told a fib slightly in regards to first time growing..

I have had two very successful outdoor UK crops in the last two years of which i will provide a little write up about! A mix of Purple Maroc grown in a greenhouse, outdoor in pots and also outdoor in soil.

But this will be my first indoor crop so hopefully everything will go well! :v:

Mess

3 people like this

Salutations and welcome to the boards @FTMC420  grow diary is perfect way to get up to speed and will have all the necessary knowledge on tap as peeps pick up on it and follow along :yep:

KISS method works, keep an eye on them and study what they do and they'll tell you their needs as you get into things :v:

4 people like this

afternoon dude.

no-till sounds perfect for you....:)

2 people like this

Thanks @botanics appreciate the welcome hope all is well! I have now created a thread for my grow diary in the appropriate section if you'd like to pop on over and have a look and see what you think!:yep:

Not familiar with KISS method? Do you mind explaining a bit more or pointing me in the direction of a thread which details this?

Hi @buddy13 don't quite follow what you mean by no-till - do you mind explaining? 

Cheers both!

1 person likes this

@FTMC420

welcome to the boards mate....

the kiss method is "Keep It Stupid Simple" (K.I.S.S) it just really means start with the basics....

I wouldn't even attempt no-till mate until you at least have a few grows under your belt, its an organic way of growing but its a lot harder than just adding some nutes to water lol 

3 people like this

@FTMC420Welcome to the forum BUD........no-till if you quality:yep:

2 people like this

Welcome @FTMC420

Very good luck with your first indoor grow... You're in very good company here!

Keeping it simple is a great way to learn about the plants and environment... But, I have to say that because I've never tried anything remotely complicated!

Can you post a link to your diary?

:v:

3 people like this

@craigfjyp got to disagree bro, no-till is simple as long as you ignore anything and pretty much everything a grow shop tells you:)

2 people like this

10 hours ago, buddy13 said:

@craigfjyp got to disagree bro, no-till is simple as long as you ignore anything and pretty much everything a grow shop tells you:)

its not simple for a first time grower mate, most people who start growing for the first time don't even know they need a carbon filter never mind bags and bags of different amendments you need to add to the soil for no-till

@craigfjyp i see where your coming from but you can buy a bag of fresh worm castings mix-in,Kelp Rock Dust & few worms That is NOT rock science...creates nice weed..If id realised these material at the start of growing all My growing experiences would of been bliss  :yinyang:

Edited by Percygrower_420
2 people like this

@Percygrower_420

I'm not saying its impossible for a first time grower to go the no-till route mate, its just I think it would be easier with a pot of compost and a bottle of grow and bloom....

a large proportion of new growers have never done any gardening in there life before, their first grow is the first hands on experience they've had of gardening, if they were to have any problems during the grow I think it would be easier for a newbie to fix if its just a pot, compost and a bottle of grow and bloom....

1 person likes this

@craigfjyp fairplay but give me a bottle of nute the end result will be black ash horrid smoke and i'll be think pk13/14 to fatten up the budz.Just ends up being MCDonalds BUD

2 people like this

wish someone had told me about no-till 20 years ago, no ph meter, no e.c meter, no worrying or getting confused about deficiencies, lock outs or any other sciencey  stuff:)(and I'm a gardener)

oh and did I mention never buying soil again(at least 3-4 years so far...)or throw out any waste?

Multi strains are a breeze in comparison.....

HOW MUCH CHEAPER IT IS...

I could prob go on but....I might be going a little ott:smokin:

2 people like this