Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vortex

grind and cure

ive seen loads of  great info on drying and then putting the  buds in glass jars to burp  then to cure ....

i HAVENT found info on my question as yet  and was wondering if you kind folk could answer it fr me ?

ok youve dried the buds    but instead of just putting the BUDS into jars ,,,   could you grind them up ready to smoke ...THEN  put them in jars to cure??

would it make a difference to cure time ... taste etc ?

thanks all

you`ll be smashing all the gland heads to fuck which will degrade them down into other constituents .losing most of the terpenoids in the process ..the end product will either end up being hashy tasting or just ruined compared to if stored whole

16 people like this

Jars are a pain, I now cure them by vacuum packing into a smell proof resealable bag - Works a treat ;)

3 people like this

@Inspiration101 i always wondered could i cure and store like that , use my vaccy sealer machine to make the bags then seal but do you still have to burp because if so then i could not use the machine as that seals the bag .

L could always use the zip lock bags i guess and the just use the vac to get the air out but again do you have to burp

cheers

stay safe grow well

1 person likes this

Ground weed or dust lasts a lot less time before it starts to go off.

6 people like this

Ive done this with dealer weed before as i had lost my grinder so borrowed a friends and filled a small jar with 10gs of ground weed. 

I didnt finish the jar it got harsh and dry to the throat within days. I wish i had just  kept the bhds whole and used my fingers for a few days lol

2 people like this

@noddy, just squeezing the air out of a zip lock bag is what I meant, just said vac pack for some stupid reason lol

The cure starts when no oxygen remains - So I read, gave it a go and two weeks in a bag seems like 6 weeks in a jar.

I now cure in bags with the air squeezed out ;)

3 people like this

I may need to change my name to sandwichbags 

6 people like this

Once you've got a few grows under your belt you can change it to

"BigFuckOffKilnerJar" 

14 people like this

6 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Once you've got a few grows under your belt you can change it to

"BigFuckOffKilnerJar" 

Or 10 <whistle>

2 people like this

@Inspiration101 thanks for clearing that up mate lol ,i was just about to start vaccy packing lol ,i will use the thick heavy duty zip lock bag on half my latest grow and see ,half storage tub half in zip lock bags but i do also throw in boveda packs.

cheers again

stay safe grow well

ps @Inspiration101  do you still burp the bags every day or just seal then and leave

1 person likes this

Yea I pop them open every few days for a sniff and check - But you will see there is no need if the moisture content is already correct ;)

1 person likes this

@Inspiration101 hi mate can i ask once fully cured and smelling good if i use a vaccy packer can i build a double layer bag and vac the bag closed and seal , if so how long do you think i can leave it in there for sorry to pester you mate but you seem to have the knowledge

cheers

stay safe grow well

When I first grew, I had this lovely, tasty skunk#1 pheno and until I learned better, would  grind it up in advance using a herb mill. I even bought a second, dedicated one for the job.

I used to roll spliffs using licorice papers and insert them into a demijohn water pipe which probably explains why I couldn't tell what I was losing.

These days I don't even trim much - I leave a lot of leaf on to protect the buds.

Before I learned to top and train and get more from my space, I had spaghetti jars to keep long my sativa colas intact.  

large.mouli-parsmint-haut.jpg