Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

rooting gel

23 posts in this topic

years and years ago, i remember poundstretcher having little rooting pots like jelly pots, you opened the foil lid then placed your cuttings in the gel, it was clear so you could see roots. anyone know what this stuff could be?

It's little more than water set with agar agar I think.  I remember it well.  Was going to mention it's unsuitability for canna but I just noticed we are in gardening.  Aloe gel is a brilliant alternative albeit pricey.  I as a humble cook reckon you could make your own with a bit of research.

2 people like this

dont know about that gel stuff but for rooting aloe vera come highly recommended,a mature plant of decent size about 15 quid in a shop or you can get the babies for less from what ive seen,need to get myself one...

H4rdc0r3.

Paid less than a tenner for my Aloe plant, doubled in size in less than 6 months too. I use it for rooting, as an immune system boost with seedlings and cuttings as well as for repairing or grafting :yep: mother nature's Florence nightingale 

:yinyang:

8 people like this

On 08/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, Breezus said:

Paid less than a tenner for my Aloe plant, doubled in size in less than 6 months too. I use it for rooting, as an immune system boost with seedlings and cuttings as well as for repairing or grafting :yep: mother nature's Florence nightingale 

:yinyang:

@Breezus  Fully concur.

Amazing results with the stuff.

I bought four plants offa the bay six months ago. They have quadrupled in size in six months and babies :thisbig:… bloody babies… :ohmygod:

I have twenty organic babies I think I’m giving away as presents at Christmas :wanker:

One leaf every two months provides me with enough juice and gel.

Amazing plant. Natures air filter and natures nurse :yep:

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, PabloAcuario said:

natures nurse

I've been suffering an infected toe recently and someone told me they used aloe vera ( either fresh leaf or gel ) to cure theirs......what do you think?

cheers

stu:oldtoker:

2 people like this

Just now, stu914 said:

I've been suffering an infected toe recently and someone told me they used aloe vera ( either fresh leaf or gel ) to cure theirs......what do you think?

cheers

I can't type what I'd think it would get me banned from the site and less importantly sectioned :chains: I think you need a nurse to give you a toe job :pitchfork: Sorry there's always one and usually i'm da one :wacko:

3 people like this

Curing infections with it is taking it a bit far. You even have people drinking it these days.

I use it on my derrière - before and after my ablutions.

I may have to try it for rooting. I bought some of those gel rooting pots once - bloody useless - dried up too easily.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, cultivateur said:

Curing infections with it is taking it a bit far. You even have people drinking it these days.

I use it on my derrière - before and after my ablutions.

I may have to try it for rooting. I bought some of those gel rooting pots once - bloody useless - dried up too easily.

I have just taken the plant out of the bathroom. Just in case any of my guest are tempted to use a leaf to wipe their....:ohmygod:

4 people like this

42 minutes ago, stu914 said:

cheers

get some tea tree oil on it dude 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, twigs said:

FGS don't encourage me, I have Myrtle and Eucalyptus seeds ready to plant :eek:

2 people like this

11 hours ago, twigs said:

Cheers bud, I'll give that a try........:yep:

:oldtoker:

@stu914 I'm +1 for the tea tree but have you tried giving it a soak in epsoms mate great for taking down inflammation and swelling 

5 people like this

21 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Cheers bud, I'll give that a try........:yep:

:oldtoker:

you could try lemon or lavender oil if the tea tree's not effective

cover it in honey for a couple of days etc.. good call on the epsoms too @Jimboo

3 people like this

this all happened because he dropped a burger on it 

3 people like this