Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

meditation

GOOD SUNNY MORNING

34 posts in this topic

@vortex hi there, i know the feeling. lived in uk for 4 years, weather not always nice. made a choice to move where the sunshine is ever present.has its drawbacks though

21 hours ago, Jimboo said:

Right share away

i could share stories of travels like mexico, guatemala,belize,india (north and south),thailand,vietnam etc.  i'll pick for now the thai and vietnamese experience as it's still fresh in my mind. Lovely people (especially the vietnamese) great food, super cheap, and amazing laughing herb. Couple of puffs and we'd be laughing for hours and hours wherever we'd be and go. People thought we were nuts. Effects lasted for a good 3 hours of neverending laughters! no side effects no couch-lock effects feeling clear in your mind just this uplifting mood and cheerful feeling all the times. that's what life should be all about. Laughing and enjoying being here and sharing yourself with people. All these rules are killing our souls.

Next trip ... Kerala (beginning of Jan.08) can't wait! have fond memories of when i first went there 17 years ago!

1 person likes this

@meditation yep it's illegal, banned and stigmatised in my neck of the woods too but I still get a little indoor micro grow on.

Jeez man its all about the landraces for you folks!  Must be fun to see what such varied genetics bring!  Is that through choice?  Many others would be buying hybrids or modern strains.  You guys should do a bit of selective pollen chucking.  I'll give you a shout in my diary thread if you fancy a good laugh.:yinyang:

1 person likes this

@Phoenix we have a dream coming true (hopefully by end of summer 2018 or autumn 2018 or beginning of 2019). Yes absolutely a choice by all means. We love these plants and preserve them and strengthen them. My friends have 20+ years experience in the field. Selective breeding, open pollination etc

Autoctnous plants (or plants cultivated in a place for a prolonged period of time) are much more versatile and resilient to any form of problem happening in nature (this is valid mainly for feral plants) and the ones cultivated by men (in their plots or gardens) have increased potency. So yes to answer the question if it is our choice the answer is :YES it is.

Furthermore we'll just keep the best specimens while trying to keep the biodiversity as open and wide as possible. 

I bought hybrids but something is missing in them (for me) and they have lost some storng genes along the way.

I've always liked and gone the natural way. - Yes i'd love to see your diary

1 person likes this

That's a lovely journey to be on.  Friends of my father's did exactly the same thing for 30 or 40 years @ 55 degrees northern latitude!  They called it naturalisation.   I quite like the African landraces too, they got character!  Wishing you a bountiful harvest of old skool herb!

:hippy:

Respect

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard! 

My guess for your location is Texas. Do I win a prize?

@Phoenix  in the end it's all a matter of acllimatisation... take a "landrace" from congo for example. i am sure over a period of 2-3 (and more) years will have adapted to the natural surroundings of a place situated at latitude 55. this is a resilient plant. that's why t's called weed. it grows even in cracks of concrete or in sand in the desert, let alone in good soil (even at northern latitudes). As you wrote, they "naturalise" in the new environment over a prolonged period of exposure to that particular new environment.

About african strains, do you have some favourites? the northern african ones have an advantage to fnish much much earlier than others. some .Last year i planted one seed of a moroccan on the 8th of february and i harvested on the 28th of june. 100 grams. zero maintainance. forgot totaly about it. left it in a bedflower together with other plants. it reached 175cm and a nice light cheerful buzz. also the lebanese is an early finisher. if you go into black africa things are slightly different as we are moving more towards sativa expressions and they take longer to finish flowering. one that would love to see how it behaves is from Algeria, never come across one. the egyptian is also very nice. 

the harsher the climate they live in the stronger they get

1 person likes this

@Sidi Hidi hey , hi sidi, well i am afraid you lost your bet :) i'm further south in latitude-wise. 

Ah well, you can't win them all. 

Landrace lovers of the world, unite! You may be surprised how quick some of the African Sativa varieties can finish. Once you are past the sub tropics, they can finish as early as March. Some will go on till May. The range of enticing smells include fuel, carrots, apples, fresh cut grass, spice/curry and pineapples. A real smorgasbord of gorgeous Ganga.

Good luck with your endeavours, pal.

1 person likes this

@meditation  I've no idea of the actual strains as it was seeds gleaned from cheap imported African weed 25+ years ago!  

As I remember the brickweed was either called

Bush weed (pretty rough)

Or Red beard 

My mate grew them out and they produced some very unique and pretty plants.

Still can't be 100% sure of the true origin of the weed but there was some lovely variation and very "nich" highs.

1 person likes this

or read beard i heard about it. it is said it comes somewhere between south african or, anyway, one of those countries deep in the south. It made its way to Australia too i heard!

African sativas are great plants to grow. Beasts of the southern wild :)

1 person likes this

Welcome :hippy:

Welcome :)

You're going to need a really good avatar now :skin_up:

Edited by Ital
1 person likes this

On 12/8/2017 at 10:32 AM, meditation said:

@cannacrazy Aloha. May the Spirit be always with you. You're not in Hawaaii are you?

Nope, I'm irish but currently in Spain. Aloha is just my go to greeting lol 

1 person likes this

@cannacrazy Aloha be it then, love the word anyway :)

1 person likes this