Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

her0wh1m

Hello Everybody

Hello Everybody,

Although I have experience in cannabis consumption, I have zero experience in growing but have always held a strong interest.

Cancer has a vice like grip on me, so my primary objective is to grow for medicine (RSO) + a bit on the side to vape. I’ve made some RSO from purchased weed, just to see if the procedure is viable more than anything, but its frankly too expensive (I got about 7 grams, i.e. 7 days worth, from 2 oz) so growing is the only way.

I’m currently trying to get into a new property, researching so I’m ready to go when this happens. Was thinking to start in a spare bedroom with a 1.2m x 1.2m tent, with a 600 MH/HPS and grow 4 x beasts, before playing around with scrog on a future grow. However, I may also have the option of a bespoke construction in an attached garage – although this would take longer to get up and running (constructed, insulated etc) which is time I don’t have at this point.

I’ve been doing research for a while now and am slowly picking stuff up, am sure I will have some questions overtime and will tap into some diaries. I’m glad I found this site specific to UK issues and practices. . . .

her0wh1m

Edited by Owderb
Spam removed
1 person likes this

I'll be the first to welcome you to the site. :)

I've been making RSO for some relatives and growing is the only way to produce enough oil.

You'll get all the help you need to turn out a crop.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, bearukc said:

I'll be the first to welcome you to the site. :)

I've been making RSO for some relatives and growing is the only way to produce enough oil.

You'll get all the help you need to turn out a crop.

Thanks bearukc!

2 people like this

@her0wh1m once you have the grass i would suggest, the easistet, fastest, healthiest way to make your own oil medicine. Use one of these three as means of extraction

1) hemp seed oil    2) coconut oil   3) olive oil   you can then ingest orally x amount of medicine every day. 1gr a day is the minimum required according to the type of cancer. some cancers require up to 5 or even more gramas a day

good luck and all the best!

1 person likes this

Welcome 

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, meditation said:

@her0wh1m once you have the grass i would suggest, the easistet, fastest, healthiest way to make your own oil medicine. Use one of these three as means of extraction

1) hemp seed oil    2) coconut oil   3) olive oil   you can then ingest orally x amount of medicine every day. 1gr a day is the minimum required according to the type of cancer. some cancers require up to 5 or even more gramas a day

good luck and all the best!

Thanks @meditation 

Is the reason you suggest a different means of extraction to get away from solvent based extraction methods? Or is there another reason you suggest this - the method seems similar to using solvents tbh.

Im assuming (maybe rightly or wrongly) that solvent based extraction methods are used as they are efficient at extraction? I've drunk so much alcohol in my lifetime that a couple of rogue drops of iso-propyl doesnt scare me. That said, when I tried making a batch of oil I put it in the oven at 110c for about 45mins after it was extracted until it stop bubbling (i.e. the solvent was evaporated off).

1 person likes this

@her0wh1m also, yes. you always end up having a bit of alcohol traces in it, no matter how you try. Also, to use the oil made using ethanol is a much more powerful way than taking it with extra vergin olive oil, or hemp seed oil or coconut oil. The fat in these oils binds really well with the canabinoids and is the healthiest. If you choose to use the ollive oil method i want to share with you what a doctor (who does this in his lab for cancer and not only cancer patients). he told me never to bring the olive oil to a boiling point, not even lightly simmering. Once the oil is warm/hot, pour the desired amount in it, and stir as often as possible for 2 hrs. Once done, turn off the fire. Let it all cool down, and pour the content in amber (dark brown) vials or little bottles. Your method is also a good one (i.e. putting the oil in the oven to get rid of the remaining solvent). One method from a danish doctor from Endoca i hae seen online. Once he's done everything, he puts in the oil the tip of a metal skwer. he dips the point of the skewer then light a lighter and if you see a spark coming off t means you still have a bit of solvent in it. The problem with the solvent is that it extract all plant material including the clorophyl which you don't want/need to have, whereas with the oils you are sure they are binding with the cannabinoids. Another thing about the alcohol is that if you want to use it you just need to soak the herb in it for few minutes, no more than 10 and stir gently during those 10 minutes. there are nice easy vids online. if you want i can share some of the nes i thought to be very easy, simple and effective

@meditation . . . I've put far worse things into my body than a few traces of alcohol, so I'm not too worried about it (although maybe that's why I'm in the state of health I am!!). Yeah, the RSO I made is VERY strong - very sedative, I yawn so much / hard that the muscles between my chin and my voicebox began to cramp!

I have a long way to go (in terms of getting set-up and growing) to get under my belt before I contemplate further what to do with the produce. I was initially thinking like 75% for RSI and 25% for vaping. I will surely give extraction using oils a go at this point though.

Thanks for your comments - Its good to know someone else has an interest in this so I may be in touch some the time :-)

Hey her0wh1m, glad to hear you are keeping positive and getting a grow on.

There's not much love for GW Pharma on this site, but they did discover a game changing fact: if you mix THC oil and CBD oil in equal measures, you get double the medicinal qualites witout getting high at all. Such a mixture may well help with those yawns of yours.
Hemp buds of 2.2% CBD are available on line at fair prices.

I extract with Isopropyl myself, but I clean the buds by simmering them for about an hour in water first. That removes pretty much all the stuff I don't want to extract and also takes care of the decarboxylation step.
After that the buds seem to dry very quickly and I can leave them in the alcohol for a lot longer than I would with green buds, which ensures maximum extraction. I still do a 2nd run with half the alcohol, just to be sure ;)

Personally I've always made oil and put it straight into syringes, so I had no experience with coconut oil, but last week I made some extract and mixed it with coconut oil for a specific request. I was very surprised at just how much coconut I needed to add in order to fully absorb 3g of oil.
Seems like a very bulky way of doing things to me, both in terms of extraction and delivery.

If it's of any interest, I strain the weed out of the boiled water after I wash it. The water obviously contains pretty much all the terpenes from the bud, which explains why the buds don't smell at all when drying. My methods came from a book I bought in the 70's (Cannabis Alchemy by D Gould) which suggested that there was nothing worthwhile in the water after washing buds, so I always threw that water onto my compost heap.
Over the last year or two however, there's been some evidence emerging that some of those terpenes are effective, so I tend to make it into smoothies these days.
Can't do any harm ;)

Wishing you all the best.
1 person likes this

Thanks @v12xjs

I did a bit of research before making RSO - although I certainly could have done more. I soaked in the iso for about 20-30mins, which is about 10x longer than what I saw online. In my mind I just thought if it soaks longer it will do a more thorough extraction? What I didn't think about was that I might be extracting something I don't want......

You say you remove the terpenes by boiling in water ( . . . I've never heard this before) but then you also go onto say that you use the water in a smoothie!! I assume this is no different from removing the terpenes into your alcohol extraction then?

My primary goal is to get enough quantity to get enough RSO. After this, I certainly plan to investigate strains with differing % of CBD/THC and make tinctures etc.

Hey again her0wh1m

I never really looked into terpenes as there wasn't much reason to do so when I began. My assumption that they all end up in the water is because industrial extraction of them is done using steam, so they are obviously water-soluble.
There are other elements such as chlorophyll that I would rather not extract within the oil, but as everything is plant based I know it will at least be safe to drink if nothing else ;)

I see what you are thinking there but I'm not treating myself, so I get the terp smoothie and someone else gets the oil.
There isn't enough info to suggest any combination of terpenes would be as effective as THC/CBN/CBD in the oil so far, so they can stay out of my extracts for now. I believe that the oil will include carotenoids anyway, so adding further compounds would just dilute the curative effect further.
Obviously the washing process will dent extraction yields but I believe it is in a beneficial way. At the end of the day I'm extracting oil. Anything that disolves in water cannot be oil by definition.

For maximum oil production you should look into CMH lights.

Hello everyone on 420 uk i hope you're chilling and if you have a medical condition you are not suffering enjoy