Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

315 cmh failing

29 posts in this topic

my 315 just stopped overnight, ballast was still warm and buzzing but no lights, tried to re fire it after a while and it made some reallt weird buzzing noises and the light seemed to pulse but not fire, is it fucked?

Is the bulb clicked into the socket properly? it needs to be turned as far as it will go without too much force.

1 person likes this

How long did you wait? They take about 1/2 hour to restrike after a power failure.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, swam_pi said:

my 315 just stopped overnight, ballast was still warm and buzzing but no lights, tried to re fire it after a while and it made some reallt weird buzzing noises and the light seemed to pulse but not fire, is it fucked?

I had some initial issues with my Maxibright 315 doing a similar thing. I unplugged everything and replugged a few hours later making extra sure all connections were super tight. I still am not 100 confident. Did it happen on 24-0 cycle?  I occasionally get a pulsing buzz now on the 12-12 like it’s going to go off but touch wood, 2 months later is still going.

In short, i don’t thnink connections are well made, and I had similar issues on 24-0, but now all is well

@soldmybikeforateenth yeh it happened on 24-0 do they need a cool off period? when i turned the shade upside down a couple of bits of soft metal fell out, stripped it and looked inside and all connections look solid, no idea where the metal came from.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

How long did you wait? They take about 1/2 hour to restrike after a power failure.

could be this, i was asleep and a noise awoke me.

@swam_pi  someone else had problems with some metal breaking off inside the lamp holder, it might be an idea to check it once the lights off & as others have said, the lamp needs to be clicked in properly to fire.

1 person likes this

I don't think any type of MH lamp are supposed to be run continuously.  Apart from that while plants under low level light grow quite well, they need rest time under high intensity lighting.

3 people like this

@oldtimer1 thankyou old one, i am slightly lazy and just placed them on 24 because it seemed convenient, will set up timer now.

gallery_94416_11658_11449.jpeggallery_94416_11658_43218.jpeg@Joint hogger that was me 

Personally I blame the daylight reflectors. 

I contacted where I bought it from and they offered a complete exchange for the bulbs,reflectors and ballasts , they never got back to me as to what went wrong.

I currently run mine 24/0 with no problems ( I do autos ) although now using the Lec sunsystems reflectors .

2 people like this

Cheers Barry, I couldnt remember exactly who it was so thanks for popping up & thanks again for the pics.

2 people like this

@BarrySHitPeas looks the same as my bit of metal, no idea where it came from, stripped the lamp holder down and contacts are ok, its a mystery.

@swam_pi How are your bulbs looking ? from what i remember my bulbs went black.gallery_94416_11658_48263.jpeggallery_94416_11658_87851.jpeg

To be honest id say its probably partly like the above have mentioned you/i may not have put in the bulbs in correctly coupled with the daylight reflectors being in my words a tad shit.

I'd have a word with the company you bought it off and they should return it.

2 people like this

ive yet to fire it again, it does indeed have the bluing on one of the pins, the capsule is fine looking though, if by fine looking means cloudy....

@swam_pi I'd advise you return the lot. It's hassle but ultimately your have piece of mind. My advise is when you have some spare £££ upgrade your reflectors.

the fried cooper piece IMO probably came out of the socket pin as you can see it was still partially in mine hence the burnt pin.

When you return it, if you can, try ask them what was wrong with it ? For curiosity sake id like to know.

I can only recall one other person coming on here with the same/similar issue, so i think its pretty rare but not that much that they wont have some idea.

Good luck hoping you get a hassle free quick return.

1 person likes this