Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tentinbasement

auto
My next week plans

Hello, I am about to start growing again in one week ( or whatever my tent and lights will take to deliver)

I am about to explain what i want to do ,and i would really appreciate some pointers,or constructive criticism ,if i am about to make mistakes,please let me know.

I chose to go with Northern Light Automatic from RoyalQueenSeeds,  ( got 10 seeds,just in case something goes wrong)

Planing to fit 5-6 in a 120x120x200 cm tent.

I will let them germiante and grow a bit ,forl ike 10 days total,then move the girls to the final pots (11L airpods)

i will be using 600w MH for vegetative stage 1 day after i move them to the final pots  (is that too much from the start?should i start with maybe 250w  MH,or a 125 CFL?

WIll let them like that on 20/4 light schedule till they start flowering.

When  i see the flowering stage begins,i will use 600w HPS + 600w LED full spectrum lights same light schedule:  20/4 (is the combo ok?)

I am planning to feed them only after they start flowering ( cana coco A + B)

Will try to keep the temp at around 26 C ,and the PH at 6.5- 7 .

Please let me know what you think about my " plan"  and thanks in advance

Sounds like a splid plan mate.. i wouldnt bother with the LED as a 600w HPS is probably like 6 times as powerful lol add another 600 hps if u want a boost? 

26 deg is a little hot, u wanna keep that canopy at around 22 - 23 and roots above 19. 

Sounds like u have space in the tent dobu have a osc fan?

What soil are u using? I used cheap soil and pretty much fed after first pot up.

JJ

Edited by JamJar

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

Sounds like a splid plan mate.. i wouldnt bother with the LED as a 600w HPS is probably like 6 times as powerful lol add another 600 hps if u want a boost? 

26 deg is a little hot, u wanna keep that canopy at around 22 - 23 and roots above 19. 

Sounds like u have space in the tent dobu have a osc fan?

What soil are u using? I used cheap soil and pretty much fed after first pot up.

JJ

I can get a 600w LED for free,the reason i won' t add another 600w hps is because i am worried about the heat.

And i guess that 600 Led will give it some help,so as soon as it won' t hurt the plants,i am fine with it.( Just to be clear,i want to add the LED  alongside my 600w HPS)

I am planning to have an 6 inch extraction fan,a 6inch in-take fan,and an osc fan aswell.

Will use Canna Coco soil probably.

The thing i am not sure about,is the lightning i should use after i pot them.

I can't see what carbon filter/fan your using? good quality ones are absolutely essential.

LED + HPS = Happy smoke!

Your growing autos so there is no veg stage buddy.

Start under LED that are as high as possible and wait till your a week or two in and you have proper leaves.Then add your 600 HPS and run it right through to crop.

Your timings could be 24/0 if your not worried about a little extra electrical cost and with Autos the more light you stuff them with the more they'll yield.Timings of 18/6 are fine - 20/4 better - 24/0 best.

If you run 24/0 your temps will be very stable obviously which helps alot in all areas.

Root temps are vital and help them take advantage of the micro fauna in your compost that process food for your plants to use so pay attention to those and I'd suggest 20c would be nice.

Good luck my friend and shout if you get stuck.

EDIT** I have  a 1.2x1.2x2m tent and run 300w CMH with 280w actual LED and 400w HPS so with a good fan and filter temps will not be an issue.

Edited by Badbadger
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Badbadger said:

I can't see what carbon filter/fan your using? good quality ones are absolutely essential.

Your growing autos so there is no veg stage buddy.

Start under LED that are as high as possible and wait till your a week or two in and you have proper leaves.Then add your 600 HPS and run it right through to crop.

Your timings could be 24/0 if your not worried about a little extra electrical cost and with Autos the more light you stuff them with the more they'll yield.Timings of 18/6 are fine - 20/4 better - 24/0 best.

If you run 24/0 your temps will be very stable obviously which helps alot in all areas.

Root temps are vital and help them take advantage of the micro fauna in your compost that process food for your plants to use so pay attention to those and I'd suggest 20c would be nice.

Good luck my friend and shout if you get stuck.

first of all thanks for your reply.

Well by veg stage i meant till i see the first signs of flowering.Could you recommend me a good LED light that will do the job before they are ready for the HPS ? And if i use the 600w MH straight away,could that be harmfull ?

The carbon filter i will be using is OX  Filter.

It is not set in stone that i will go for 20/4 ,i might go for 24/7,havent decided yet.

This is my 2nd grow,and i am putting some more thought into it ,because the first one i literaly kept it in my hallway with a 600w hps,i barely got 2 ounces from a plant,weak aswell.

I can't work out if you're growing in coco or soil. If you're going with coco remember it has no nutrients in it, unlike soil. You will need to add some nutes in the veg stage, they won't make it to flowering otherwise. All the rest sounds good :) Happy growing.

On 12/11/2017 at 0:56 PM, bearukc said:

I can't work out if you're growing in coco or soil. If you're going with coco remember it has no nutrients in it, unlike soil. You will need to add some nutes in the veg stage, they won't make it to flowering otherwise. All the rest sounds good :) Happy growing.

Thanks f

Yes i am growing in coco, will use canna coco A+b for nutes.I read that they are good for both veg and flowering,do you think i should add other nutes aswell ?

If they're good for both, then go with it. Most of the other 'wonder' additives are a waste of money by the way.

I'm no too familiar with the Canna range but I did think they had a grow recipe and a bloom recipe. Vega and Flores.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

12 hours ago, bearukc said:

If they're good for both, then go with it. Most of the other 'wonder' additives are a waste of money by the way.

I'm no too familiar with the Canna range but I did think they had a grow recipe and a bloom recipe. Vega and Flores.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

This is what they claim on the main website.

CANNA Coco A & B

CANNA Coco A & B is a complete professional nutrient for growing plants in coco. It contains all the essential elements for optimal growing and flowering.

Thanks to the special characteristics of coco substrate CANNA COCO doesn’t have a Vega and Flores variant, but there is one unique formulation for both the growth and blooming phase. We can’t make things easier! CANNA COCO is easy to use, dissolves directly and is extremely suitable for growing in all watering systems, like for example 'run-to-waste' systems, flood systems and ebb and flow systems.

13 hours ago, tentinbasement said:

This is what they claim on the main website.

CANNA Coco A & B

CANNA Coco A & B is a complete professional nutrient for growing plants in coco. It contains all the essential elements for optimal growing and flowering.

Thanks to the special characteristics of coco substrate CANNA COCO doesn’t have a Vega and Flores variant, but there is one unique formulation for both the growth and blooming phase. We can’t make things easier! CANNA COCO is easy to use, dissolves directly and is extremely suitable for growing in all watering systems, like for example 'run-to-waste' systems, flood systems and ebb and flow systems.

Seems I was mistaken. You live and learn :)