Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sal81

12/12.... and back 24/7

54 posts in this topic

I decided to switch my light schedule at 12/12 because my white Widow at 50 days...( 7 weeks and half ) won't bloom ...

I've read different forum, but is still not clear if ; Once she'll  start to flower can I switch back to 20/4 ?large.0_20171031_101138.jpg

Or should I keep 12/12 till the harvest ?

And also ....

Does this light schedule effect negatively the small plant just born ? 

Is it growing at all? Looks cold and wet

5 people like this

Hi @Sal81

A plant will continue to veg indefinitely if left on 18/6 or 20/4, so no chance of flowering with those settings - the plant responds to changing amounts of light, so the plant thrives and grows in the long days of sunshine and as the year ends the days shorten and the plant flowers for reproduction. That's what your time schedules do, they emulate seasonal changes and can be used to control various stages of growth.

Once you switch to 12/12, you stick to that until your done - messing with light schedules is not best advised; inconsistent lighting can cause your plant to stress and stressed plants can turn hermi - so stick with 12/12 once you turn them... After you have harvested your plant though, you can return it to veg (you'll find info on how exactly to do that on the boards) and regrow it if you choose to.

If you have seedlings or very small plants in there on a 12/12 light schedule they will begin to flower as soon as they get a chance and that means you'll only ever have a small plant and small yield from 12/12 from seed... It'll grow and flower though!

Cheers! :yep:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, golf.007 said:

Is it growing at all? Looks cold and wet

large.0_20171031_101138.jpglarge.0_20171030_094505.jpgi noticed too, she has some yellow leaves ...has been very healthy till one week ago...

@Slugums

I didn't specify that I'm talking about autoflower though ...

This is a white widow XxL autoflower from dinafem !!! 

So they suppose not to be effect from the light schedule !!! But eventually they are sometimes ...

This is why I need a tips ...

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed please use @function to avoid repetition
1 person likes this

In theory it doesn't matter with autos, but yours sounds like a stubborn one, could be a semi-auto. If it needs more than 4 hours dark to make it bloom then I think it will need that same amount of darkness to maintain it. You could try 18/6 or 16/8, but if the rest of your plants are ok with 20/4, then you could just take that plant out every day and put it somewhere dark so it gets 12/12, but that might be too much of a pain for you.

1 person likes this

@Dinafem-Mark might be able to offer some advice.

1 person likes this

Yes thanks !!! Hopefull 

@Dinafem-Mark any tips here please ?

Would this plant bloom with 18/6 ? 

Or I would need to go to 12/12 ?

Edited by Sal81

Well these are my first autos and one of me Sin Tra Bajo only started flowering yesterday at 53 days old. Can't see  being finished in the 8-10 weeks it says on the packet if it's taken 7 1/2 weeks to start!

Give it a few more days to see what happens... 

1 person likes this

.........make sure your not watering too often Sal. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Sal81 said:

I didn't specify that I'm talking about autoflower though...

AH!! then discard everything I said!! :)

2 people like this

Have you got any plants ready to go in for grow 3? If not, why not leave it with the other plants under 20/4 then flip it 12/12? It should fill your 2'x2' tent easily on it's own Under a net and the current plants will yield more. :)

3 people like this

I feed this morning my white Widow, I give her 2ml x litre of bloom and 3 ml PL of top max ...and 1 ml of bio silicon

Would you give her still "grow " nute ? 

She still hasn't bloom yet and is 9 weeks this Sunday ... I'm leaving her do her things ... but what should I do ? 

Someone here that has been grow White widow XXL and had the same problem ? 

Any tips ...

Thanks ....

On 31/10/2017 at 10:42 PM, Muppet said:

Have you got any plants ready to go in for grow 3? If not, why not leave it with the other plants under 20/4 then flip it 12/12? It should fill your 2'x2' tent easily on it's own Under a net and the current plants will yield more. :)

Hi mate, I see your reply only now ...

My tent is 80x80 ..160 cm 

I think you made mistake ...

Wherever I've got 3 auto's " wappa" 

From paradise seeds ...

I read around that they are really fast and strong smoke too, plus does it's job and is easier to grow for beginners ...they germinated 3/4 days ago ..

I'm so happy ... looking forward to see how they will be ... 

As I'm with White Widow too!!!!! 

I really hope this time I will not mess around with something again ...

This is my first time with auto's, although I've done loads of photos in the past. If it were me I'd only feed it grow feed until it shows signs of flowering. I'd keep it in with the other plants and let it keep veggin' until you chop the others then put it 12/12 if it hasn't started flowering by then. 

1 person likes this