Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ombudsman

cannabis infused honey

been getting into various infusions/extractions lately using leaf trim, recently someone recommended to make 'canna-honey'

anyone got any experience with this?

wondering what my options are... got some trim decarbing in oven as we speak.

was hoping i would be able to just add the honey and decarbed trim into a container and allow a slow infusion proccess to happen, or will i need to mix into a pan and heat for a while?

cheers for any help 

2 people like this

not 100% sure about cannabis and honey but infusing magic mushrooms into honey is very easy, i'm guessing cannabis will be along the same lines. Use a raw unpasteurised honey. it has live bacteria in it. you just throw the shrooms in and let it ferment for several weeks. The honey becomes active. 

1 person likes this

I like some honey on toast before bed,I think Might join you in this mate,Think I will do a slow infuse with a couple of strips of Orange peel

found this 

4 people like this

I'm all set all I need is honey, orange peel and a jar    :chef:

2 people like this

I gave this a bash last year..

large.59f3819f6ad29_indicahoney.jpg

My method:

decarb'd Northern Lights sugar leaf in muslin bag

steeped in the honey and simmered over bain marie for 3 hours.  Agitate regularly.  May need to add water to honey to keep it fluid.

Pros: very easy to use (I just add some to a cup of tea) and it makes great gifts.

Cons: honey does not take up THC as well as saturated fats such as coconut oil, and also importantly, the whole process can get seriously messy - and therefore wasteful.

Adding concentrate instead of steeping decarb'd leaf would solve both those issues but I havn't tried it yet.

Will be trying again over the next few weeks, this time with added lecithin which worked really well with the lemon haze coconut oil.

Bonne cuisine :yep:

2 people like this

@Amaethon great jar, love the label too :oldtoker:

i can understand that about oil vs honey, Jimboo's video post above shows a cool little idea of infusing a little decarbed bud & coconut oil, then mixing this into a larger proportion of honey - think im gonna give that a go once i get a canning jar, to be fair i suppose a normal old jam jar will do the trick!?

talking of lecithin, uve sparked another underlying curiosity of mine..

i got some sunflower lecithin to add to my last little mix of coconut oil, and mixed it in at the very end of the process - after the infusion.

well what im wondering is, when is it ok to use lecithin? and what for?

so, could i use it for canna; butter/oil/honey and others even?

whens best to add the lecithin? is at the very end of the process ok?