Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boojum

Rugby League World Cup

England vs Australia. BBC2 & Radio 5 Live Sports Extra now.

:flex:

@Boojum Its on BBC2 Mate atm  forget it misread your post

Edited by Jimboo

G'wan England.

Is it just me, or is the commentary out of sync with the pictures ? :unsure: it's a couple of seconds ahead.

Downer :sadwalk:

A big part of me thinks that league and union should kiss and make up.  It's a 100 odd years since the split, and as much as there is something to be said of the differences in the sport, the audience/money just doesn't seem to be there for both.  That Tonga were denied the call for the winning try, I think came down to the commercial aspect of aus vs eng being a bigger deal than aus vs tonga.

If union and league were to mix, obviously with union rules*, then aus would be 1st, eng 2nd, and what else would change?  We'd have about 20 years of _if this had been league/union then *this* would have been different_ but ultimately the result would have been better.

*15 a-side, throw-ins, proper scrums, etc.  I am aware it's a league thread, so I've made as many concessions as I can.

I think both games have their place .Well ,they're similar yet different .Like hockey and hurling . At underage training ,rugby league was a fun game to play for half an hour after warming up and doing a few drills . Rugby union is generally a better sport to watch, IMO . You'll do less running though ! 

Eng in a world cup final at the w/e, and nobody cares.  It's crazy.  Even the arsetwats on the apprentice could sell this better than the powers of league have done.

9AM K/O Too early for me to enjoy it, I will record it and watch it later   25/4 England if you fancy a punt, i dont

Edited by Jimboo

I'm surprised the odds on England are so short, they've had a good world cup but Australia are just a different class in rugby league, I don't think England stand a chance. Gonna watch it live, I'll refrain from posting a spoiler of the result until after you've watched it :)

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Boojum said:

I'm surprised the odds on England are so short, they've had a good world cup but Australia are just a different class in rugby league, I don't think England stand a chance. Gonna watch it live, I'll refrain from posting a spoiler of the result until after you've watched it :)

Australia are  a class above , I don't know the odds but I'm pretty sure Australia will win , good on England for reaching the final though they've at least got a chance

Promised no spoilers so don't read until you've watched the game.

Tom Burgess lost us the game. On 70 minutes we were on top, Australia were worn out. Had we scored one I think we'd have scored another. Then Tom Burgess drops the ball in the tackle.

Twice.

And oh so close at the end.

Bit gutted, but never mind, didn't expect a win anyway.

lol I'm knackered just having watched it, modern rugby league players are some fucking athletes :notworthy:

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

closer than I imagined 

Don't forget Autumn Internationals 
Wales v South Africa - 14:30 kick-off

Live on BBC One from 14:00 & BBC Radio 5 live sports extra, BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio Cymru

I really enjoyed the match.  I like games that could go either way, and there is still think there is a chance with 30secs on the match clock.  If the clock is red, and you've got the ball, you think it's nearly impossible to get the score to win, and if you're defending, you think it's 99.99% likely the other side will score -- but there's a chance you'll win, and your heart's beating fast.... 

Must admit though, that I'd either forgotten or didn't realise that the refs weren't 'impartial' in league.  A few of the early calls seemed harsh, and I remember all too well that feeling of thinking the ref is against you, and the effects it has.

1 person likes this