Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dr organic

Best tasting strain from seed?

49 posts in this topic

Hi all, was just wondering what your thoughts are on the best tasting strain you have grown from seed, and fromwhat seedbank it was from? 

Tia Dr organic.

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF NEW MEMBERS FORUM

So far the tastiest strain ive grown has been Dinafem's Sweet Deep Grapefruit. :yep:

Now im not a lover of Grapefruit, in fact i really dont like it, but this ticked all the boxes, super strong citrus smell (grapefruit but in a nice sort of way if that makes any sense) when cured and taste to match. Ive also just finished a Dinafem Industrial Plant and the spliff of scissor hash that i had was like taking a breath of lemon citrus fresh air every time i took a toke, almost like a menthol ciggie but a million times better. :thumsup:

:v:

7 people like this

@Freax man they both sound amazing! Have a mate that's running some blues and big buddha king kong can't wait for those i have done one run of gringo clones myself was lovely stuff, thanks for commenting dude.

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

LA confidential from DNA California/dam-tastes like a creamy skunky latte with a lovely warming stone around the cheekbones. 

3 people like this

The King Kong I've tried is a cheesy strain if that helps. I have a bit atm.

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

@Snowziff does it have that potent cheese taste? Does it vary in pheno?

Female seeds NL C99 pineapple pheno 

And

Female seeds NL Grapefruit 

6 people like this

@Dr organic I only tried the one pheno as far as I'm aware but the people who grew it had a very large amount. Friend of a friend of a friend who does silly size grows. I don't know but I assume they found a good pheno and used that but it's not impossible that they used all seed. If they did then there is little to no variation in phenotypes. But again, that's pure speculation. It is VERY chessy but it's got a bit of something else in there for sure. Lots of stacked calyxes but in a good way. Not stupidly airy. Wouldn't look out of place in a UGORG lineup.

Edited by Snowziff

@Snowziff thanks for the reply dude I'm new here, thinking of doing my own set up soon and have been looking at ugorg disco biscuit but still unsure really want to find something special that I'll be able to clone and keep forever lol

1 person likes this

go for it. 

A mate grows the discos on constant, Hes been growing since he started out stealing industrial lights way back about 30 yr ago.

says its a keeper. Its a lovely smoke too

2 people like this

Once tasted some grapefruit that was a serious tropical smack to the face. Ridiculously fruity. Haven't had anything like it since. The pheno that knocks about now is much more creamy 

Crackerjack was another really nice tasting strain.

Suppose it's down to personal preference really :)

1 person likes this

Pretty subjective really, as not everybody's taste is the same - there's lots of stuff I really like and others don't and vice versa.

For my tastes the best are diesely-fuelly-chemical-hazes, followed closely by chocolatey-mocha-creamy-afghani tastes and other classy "confectionery" tastes like nougat.

Other people like fruity or lemony, they're OK, I guess, but nothing that special to me.

Difficult to recommend a seed as phenos can vary wildly, but I'd say try a Sour Diesel (nirvana do nice cheap ones) or something like LA Conf (DNA), mentioned above.  Hash is always more flavourful, since it does not contain any chlorophyl.  If you're really into flavour it's worth learning to make it.  Just about any weed tastes great as a hash.

Then again, some of my favourite smokes aren't all that flavourful.   Nice to have a great flavour at parties though!  

Edited by Arthur Avalon

if its regular seeds then killerskunk/blues. and of course disco,s but i aint tried the disco yet. can't go wrong with the ugorg line up, though i never liked the noname. 

tga subcools third dimension is the best lemony smoke i have run from seeds myself. and i have tried loads of lemon haze and lemon skunks from different breeders. he has a bad rep, but his 3 d is a fruity smoke. :skin_up:

1 person likes this

^come on man...recomending shit you haven't even smoked let alone grown...i mean wtf?

6 people like this

all depends what im after and for what reason

recently

lemon kush sweet seeds -very happy smoke

sexbud -female seeds just bloody lovely tasting like pineapple grapefruity goodness

c99 as said the pineapple is soooo sweet

dna og 18 for the fuel taste

disco biscuit simply because its everything in one smoke

malawi for that old school real weed taste that so many wont know of

cream caramel for that deep funk coffeshop smell

herijuana headband  for the limes .

5 people like this