Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indicatoker420

Mohan ram

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys, these will be going in flower not too long now :). I'll be taking them to my brothers and putting them in his cupboard when they're ready to pot up to 11l pots and will start using a 250w metal halide then. I'm  still using just a 85w blue cfl lol but I am adding another one now of the same bulb so give one to each plant. Seem to get pretty decent vegging with these bulbs tbf and had them ages. large.20171115_015816.jpglarge.20171115_015834.jpglarge.20171115_015846.jpglarge.20171115_015849.jpg

Edited by indicatoker420
2 people like this

high indicatoker420. them are looking great for just a 85w blue cfl.

i use a 125w blue envirolite cfl. but i cant find a new bulb for it.

where did you get your 85w blue cfl from mate ? as i want to buy a couple for early veg, by the looks of your plants just one is enough for a small veg space. :guitar:

does your 85w cfl fit into a normal,house lite bulb socket ? or is it a big crew in like the 125w envirolites, the same size as hps bulbs ? 

2 people like this

Thanks mate :) tbh I really rate these bulbs. I've always had fast growth and got the plants quite big with them. Last pics I uploaded was 5 days ago and you can see the difference in just that time.

They're made by a company called 'green lamp' and fit in a b22 socket so yeah mate, just get a clip on light thing for a few quid and just take the clip off. They do other types of popular household fittings on them too. Theres loads of the bulbs on flea bay  and some other places mate. Mine are 85w 6400k b22.

1 person likes this

cheers for the rapido responce mate. 

i just had a look online at them. they look pukka, and at 5500 lumens for a 85w cfl bulb is good, i could make my own hood, panel refelctor,with 2 of these bulbs in one each end, for a 1m space. il use one in my grow drobe deffo with my tiny 6w led, gives out 440 lumens for 6w. lol i was going to make a led panel, but i am going to make a cfl panel now. il make it out of thick mdf. with the bulbs mounted sideways, with lots of 10ml holes in the wooden mdf panal to let heat through so it wont heat up the wood as much im thinking. 

thanks again dude. your plants look real well for just a 85w cfl my friend, with 2 in there as you say one per plant, the growth will be rapid just like cmh/ mh bulbs. :yinyang:

2 people like this

Thanks mate. Sounds a good idea as long as it's rigged up safely that's the main really dude :). They don't advertise themselves as grow bulbs at all so I don't think growers will really find them but they do a good job alright. I've had these since 2012 and Still doing really well. I've just dug out the other 85w bulb and thought I had a light fixture too but I don't lol so will go get one tomorrow.

1 person likes this

Got the light fixture today. Took the clip off as it's one of those clip on lights so I'm just using the light fixture alone. I think Monday is when these will be going to my brothers and will then put them under a metal halide for a bit then as they get potted up to 11l pots when i taken them there, which they'll be finishing in too. large.20171117_180041.jpglarge.20171117_180103.jpg

Take it easy and sweet guys!