Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Absurdist

Can anyone recall their dreams when smoking every day?

52 posts in this topic
On 10/30/2017 at 0:02 PM, j.o.i.n.t said:

I'd get that every night without weed (got cataplexy with narcoleptic symptoms). Do you have any visions or sensations of 'other' when you're in it?

Oh yeah, big time. I often see an old lady (eerily similar to the one from insidious) or sometimes if I'm on my side I'll feel someone getting on to the bed behind me. Even if I don't see anything I usually hear screams and sounds that I can only describe as being from hell itself. It's awful.

@cannacrazy

That's lovely for me to read...although that sounds off :D It's so rare that I interact with anyone that understands.

I have done 20 years of reading on understanding  what's happening, and controlling the fear that goes with the paralysis, but it never got me anywhere. It's an integral part of it, it seems. Thank fuck for weed, eh! My experiences vary, but it's almost always malevolent - I can feel the evil. Last time I turned to see what's coming (was a cross between silk and tar, seeping through the crack above the door frame to the bedroom and up over the ceiling towards me), then turning back and see myself asleep in bed. That's rare though, most of the time I just feel it while not being able to move. Just to be clear, I don't believe it's real when I'm awake, but doesn't it feel it at the time?

May I ask how often you'd get this? Most people get it 1-3 times in thier life, but if you're getting it all the time it can be a massive pointer towards a sleep condition. Do you experience cataplexy at all? It's the loss of muscular control, but without actually going to sleep...bloody annonying.

@j.o.i.n.tI get that, whenever I find someone else that has it I feel a strange sense of calm with that person because it's soooo hard to get people to actually understand what it's like.

Unfortunately I apparently have it in my genes; my grandmother, mother and sister all have it too. Started when I was around 14 and I'll have periods where I'll get it heavily for a week and then it's gone for a month. Weed definitely helps though, I've found that I still get the initial tingling/falling sensation that precedes the actual paralysis but I'm more able to shake it off and get some sleep when I'm stoned.

For a while I had what someone told me was "restless leg syndrome", where I'd be trying to sleep and my leg kept moving or jerking around and I couldn't stop it unless I sat up and woke myself up completely, but that hasn't happened in a year or so. I'm also an extremely heavy sleep talker, and up until my late teens I'd sleep walk every other night too.

And in as far as feeling real... hell yes. I feel like I have two lives sometimes, like I'll be awake and telling someone about it and I'm super calm and I know it's not real and it's just a silly hallucination, but then when it's time for bed I start getting a bit scared, and when it happens some sort of logic switch turns off in my brain and I'm absolutely 100% terrified. I've tried so hard to just calm down and logically think through it but nothing I've done seems to work. I guess over the years it doesn't get less scary, it's just a bit easier to deal with the terror.

1 person likes this

I could be having a conversation with myself....yeah, it's nice :) It all sounds so loopy to people who haven't had it.

Restless legs (and lower arms), check, talking loads in my sleep, and sleep waking - check-check. As I've got older (and stopped drinking) I've slept walked less, but I'm still 'interesting' to sleep with in regards to the others......I'd put money on you having a diagnosable sleep condition.

And that feeling before bed, yup. Knackers your relationship with sleep, eh? I'm no different. Thing is, without huge amounts of drugs, I can barely stay asleep for more than an hour and a half. I don't fight it much these days, just means I have weird work patterns and stuff.

Don't suppose you got a really high temperature before all this started, did you? Been reading about that, and how all this might be an auto-immune thing. For me it started at 17, a year after having a nasty and prolonged bout of glandular fever.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
1 person likes this

Hmm, I actually think I had the flu the very first time I had it, and I sweat like an absolute pig when I sleep, it's extremely unpleasant :P I could go to sleep in a freezing room and wake up at 4am covered in sweat, about to spontaneously combust.

I watched an extremely creepy documentary on sleep paralysis the other day called the nightmare, and if you don't want to be half-convinced that it's some sort of demonic presence trying to murder you, I wouldn't recommend watching it. I had the worst sleep paralysis of my life the night I watched it.

Bingo. Seriously, you're fitting a diagnostic model. :) It's all a bit out there for most GP's, but a sleep clinic wouldn't look at you weird at all. They would have seen it all before.

Meh, all that goes back thousands of years and crosses cultures, but I look to science for my understanding. There's also convincing evidence that 'alien abduction' may be explainable in this context.

I've got to do some life shit now, but if you ever feel the need to just write it out, or have a chat with a person who gets it, please feel free. Consider me an ally :)

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

Dreamworld is very real and not of this plane.

I know the nightmares all too much, the screaming and shouting, sweating etc but paralysis not fortunately, the missus often wakes me up (I don't remember the dreams because of the smoke, but I have them lol as it wakes her up)

@cannacrazy Any other 'psychic' experiences dude ?

@botanicsoh yeah, plenty. I have some really messed up stories that have happened while awake, but I've seen/heard some stuff in my sleep paralysis that have happened the next day, like seeing my friends crying, or hearing a specific place being shouted in my ear and somehow I'll end up there... I don't like believing that it's anything supernatural so I like to convince myself that it's my subconscious reading signs or whatever and processing information faster than my conscious brain can. Thinking that helps me sleep a whole lot better, lol 

Edited by cannacrazy
oh and im a dudette
1 person likes this

@botanics

I used to think I could leave my body, and to this day it certainly feels real while it's happening. There's very little correlation at times, though, between feelings and actual reality. People disagree with me a lot on this, but I think our feelings on many matters have very little to do with what's actually happening. Of course, these feelings have power - pretty much everything is based upon them - but it's utterly disfunctional imho.

And before you point it out, yes I am a dull reductionist wanker :D I do try not to be, just can't help it!

Saying that, I would love to hear your side of "Dreamworld is very real and not of this plane.", cos I do find various arguments of your sconvincing, if you're in the mood... One thing I've learned is that I don't have a monopoly on being right.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
1 person likes this

@cannacrazy

Sorry 'dudette' :sorry:  Thing is see, you can block it all out if you choose too, however there's some beings that can tap into other dimensions more so than other beings and this is what it all is in my opinion (I've no empirical evidence, just observational and anecdotal), evolution of the conscious it seems to me and I just think we're all avatars anyhow for a 'being' that's existed for a long old time and evolved into what drives these biological machines, that we are, existing in this plane of the universe (it'd take me forever to explain what I mean with all this lol and I'm constantly working on it all).

@j.o.i.n.t

So what you're effectively saying is that you are in a bind mate...there is an element of you that moves this way but another element that is in direct opposition to that thinking and a stab in the dark here would have me sayiing that it is the conditioning of your existence is what's pulling you away from the unknown into a world of perceived stability, where geometry exists, physics and laws of operation that seem to follow a formula or pattern and a 'safe' haven of familiarity ;)

In order to learn, (I mean learn in the correct sense not just the repeated dogma our societal systems operate within) lifeforms need exposure to that which they are not familiar...it's not properly learning otherwise (practical aspects can of course be learned from others but reality is a personal journey and therefore different for every part of the whole) and just rinse and repeat with regard to the cosmic scale, thus not as effective as could be, but in order to get the head around it, it requires a completely selfless thinking (no ego) only then exposure to the true reality of things is revealed and it makes no sense whatsoever, yet makes every sense in the same breath, but the caveat is, you will only see those two together and make anything from it when the ego has diminished to zero and that can't last long in this 3D plane due to having to fuel and continue with the maintenance of the machines we are, without ego, we become not interested in this, it doesn't matter one iota as you feel no fear whatsoever and therefore do not identify with self, just all and the warmth that surrounds and fills your entire self is astonishing...feeling it is more attractive than anything I can think of and I even said this to the missus (who I adore with every cell that I am), that even my feelings for her and how she makes mee feel is no comparison (fortunately, she understands the feeling itself after a traumatic NDE and agreed with me as to her viewpoint on it all)

There's no 'right' though mate, it all personal, your reality and therefore universe is unique to you and that's how brilliantly special this whole 'macrocosm' is...just a lifeform that we're all part of, an ecosystem that learns through the individual parts that make it up and limiting, such as the conditioning is designed to do for most folks, it to the material five senses this organism experiences is madness yet keeps folks in line ;)

Oh I'd ramble all day about stuff like this man :rolleyes:  lol

1 person likes this

@botanics

That's I wanted, now I've swerved all responsibilities :D Honestly, mate, feel free, I for one enjoy those 'rambles' - good springboard for a smoke n' mull. Your words take me back to when I was reading (and taking) the 'ethonbotanicals' and looking into folklore stuff, and for some reason Terrance Mckenna is coming to mind, amongst others in the field. I really did seek wtf all it all meant, from as many angles as my limited ability grants me.

These things they speak about are my life if I don't batter drugs, or take medication... I'd leave my body at night even if I don't want to at times, and 'dreams' aren't some vague unremembered thing, I'd feel sentience in them hypnogogic visions; they are events in a place, sujectively. Sometimes, during the day, something twists, and my ears ring, and for 5 - 15 seconds it 'feels different', unreal... If I didn't almost-chain-smoke those little spliffs, my body, in response to very specific things, turns off but my mind stays the same...oh there's more.

Do you suggest I have undeveloped 'powers'? I've heard that before, on the rare occasions I've told people what my sleep-life is like without intervention....and, yeah, cool, better than facing a neurological disorder, I suppose. These  symptoms, whatever we tribute them to, would be fucking fascinating if I didn't have them. Doctors like it too (post diagnosis, they told me I was mad before that), as they don't get to deal with it much. They can't answer every question I have either, but have the same zeal when trying to make sense of it all.

I've noticed, though, with things spiritual, any talk of evidence, or quantification, promts something like pity. ...I swear this is not a discursive vehicle, man, but you won't believe me; some Jehovah came round not long ago. Same thing, but in the eyes, at my polite refusals of their unquestioning belief.

I'm full of cold and pot, so I'm going to mull over the rest. I'm just typing aimless...Sorry to talk around it a bit.

PS.

Oh, when I was in my mid-20's I was totally convinced the out-of-body thing was real. Got my then girlfriend to write somthing on notes without telling me, and she put them up high where I couldn't see what she'd wrote and I try and check them out.... I never got it right.

There's been quite process that's lead me to going with the 'it's a neurological thing'

Bet we can agree on Bill, though :D

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

Yeah it's all vibration...perhaps you should seek to speak with a Yogi/Hindi guru or Buddhist about Kundalini activation mate for further exploration into what it is you wish to discover...(fuck the religious shite off though because there's plenty of dogma in all, however there's some truths to discover in there somewhere ;) )

With regard to JW's, well I don't hold much opinion for elitist eugenicists tbh, none at all in fact for their fear laiden, repressive and backward thinking ideology...once upon a time I cooked one's head when he dared to knock my door and try to sell me his shite lol  Fair play, he hung around for a couple of hours but never returned :D

You already know much more than most of that religion's 'followers' (quotation due to the word being an oxymoron as the action in reality as it's anything but following, it's "here, bind thyself with these chains and forever I'll be the shepard that leads the lamb and delivers him to the wolf)

I dream almost every night, usually very intense, surreal and vivid dreams, sometimes recurring dreams. I'm also able to induce lucid dreams and wake myself up within the dreams. most mornings I wake up feeling like ive been on Indiana jones type adventures and I remember most of my dreams. All of my stoner mates say their dreams are supressed by weed and when they stop for a while their dreams come back and are too intense, to the point they don't like them. I love my crazy dreams.

Just the other night I had the most surreal fucked up dream that paranoid Vietnam vets were living under the decking in my neighbours garden, they pulled me into their layer and I realised they were all mechanical hybrids connected to alarm clocks and other mechanical objects, their eyeballs were dislodging and shooting into the air like periscopes, they were disconnecting their limbs then reconnecting them whilst showing me their huge stash of weird and wonderful weapons. it was one of the creepier dreams ive had in a while but I don't feel fear in my dreams anymore. its like I know I'm dreaming and I just approach them like a heavy dmt trip. some of the most fun dreams ive had recently have been after watching Ash v the Evil Dead lol. The only time I have dreams I don't like is when I fall out with people I care about in my dreams, the emotions are very strong in these kind of dreams and I usually wake up so glad it was a dream.

nootropics and 5htp are legal pills you can take that amp up your dreams and help you have lucid dreams. you can also buy African dream root (unless it was banned with the legal high ban). also opiates enhance dreams but that's a risky road to go down.

I'd love to speak to a professional about my dreams to see what they make of them. Ive tried reading up about dreams and what they mean but the answers are too predictable. paralysis in a dream supposedly means you feel like you are getting nowhere in life, I don't believe that bs.

1 person likes this

@botanics

I'll have a read of something, if you've got a recommendation or link? I've got huge respect for how your head seems to work, so why not! I find, in person, many Buddhists bring the issue round to money a little too quickly for my liking.... Really though, I'm talking the ones that hang in the same space as the chuggers and spiceheds - aka town.

Yoga has been a lot more help than I thought it would be - that's vaguely in the same ball-park, eh (edit - omg even to me that sounds crass!)

Here's one from the reductionists.

http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/narcolepsy/what-is-narcolepsy/science-of-narcolepsy

@j.o.i.n.t

Yeah, upon re reading the previous to last post of yours mate I can see I'm vague in the response and not dealing with the nitty gritty really :g: ...the thing in beliefs is that as children our conditioning hasn't won out and in early stages, more in touch kids are with other realms and they have less fear so not suprised by these things etc and just chat away about experiences that the most repressed and feared would think they are 'mad' because it is unquantifiable in the reality they think is real and so negative reinforcment occurs as a result.  This places the child in an awkward position due to the experiences being felt differing from what those they completely rely upon for their continued existence is saying to them (at every possible juncture too) otherwise, this being a bind of course as it's not answering any questions they may have, merely dismissive of their cognition and trust in themselves is diminished...but this wrong because trust is something that we can only have in ourselves due to not knowing the conscious of others (they can relay it but it is not fact from the perspective of the recipient due to indirect information transfer).  When continually applied, 'indoctrinated' I say, over time the conditioning sets in and certain aspects of our 'field of consciousness'  (I say this because I believe we extend into the other dimensions simultaneously with this one) 'Auras' etc are dimished, smaller and less projected therefore energy transferance is also limited as a result (all Yin and Yang this energy transference and you should read up on Chi etc).

The effect of course would be that the 'individual' becomes more individual but in the wrong way and is in counterflow to what I call 'universal principle' or 'universal way'

It is my belief that 'ego' in the main has become a construct inside the universe of our heads, which of course is but a fragment of the cosmos' conscious.  A result of evolution however is that it has grown beyond the original reason for it's existence (maintenance of the biological machine only so only small), how this has happened I do not know, but I see the world in abstract ways and like to use metaphors in order to try and decribe how I 'see' things and this is how I explain it.

If you recal Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey, remember the black obelisque and the apes...well to me I see the obelisque as a 'domino', a point at which this ape developed into what we have become, the beginning of the growth of the ego and selfishness due to increased cognition and identification with individuality and I've concluded that this is contrary to 'universal will' (running contrary to universal will is why Karma exists and Karma is the governor of the 'system' to maintain stability).  This is how I've started exploring some of the conspiracy stuff more and more lately as I'm finding some correlations with previous heavy thinking that I've done after having no previous knowledge of the depth of these 'conspiricies', (nor spirituality for that matter...all of what I know about this stuff is through introspection, observation and subsequent honing with constant reviewing)  which is odd but fascinating stuff (I don't believe any of it in the sense of 'indoctrinated' thinking, just pure theories etc and exploration of thought with regard to the small world 'taught' to us).

It's all lead me to some dark discoveries though mate and some of them that I truly believe I will not write about too much because it's so difficult to believe without the pre indoctrinated confirmation bias from the conditioning interfereing with the explanation but it's very cold, emotionless and purely about mathematics, sustenance and continuation of the species in the mid to long term and I know for sure others know the same as I'm no brain of Britain for sure.

With regard to further reading about all this mate, well it's endless and goes into all areas of topics as it's runs right through everything, just like the web that is all...but listen to Alan Watts as when Davey Jones put me onto him it was like 'ding! fuck, this guy talks sense and knows what I'm seeing which to me was a relief after a lifetime of feeling completely isolated in some of these thoughts ;)   But be carefull of religious types though because diminshed ego is a double edged sword as vulnerable you most certainly are and many are getting re captured by the false reality due to manipulation of these area of thoughts and exploration (I won't go into how this all correlates with my thinking and partial reasoning for the increased 'Jihadi' mentallity that the egotistical will never get their heads around and why idiots still just hate and fear whilst saying 'I don't undertand why' :doh: )

Yeah one of the greatest minds I think our species has encountered is Alan Watts mate, up there with Tesla, Einstien, Socrates etc and a master of perception....same too for Terrence McKenna...although I struggle with him having never experienced DMT and what he discovered through observation :yinyang:

2 people like this