Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zztopbudz

ZZ does Green Crack and Dr Greenthumbs Em Dog in a vertical scrog.

74 posts in this topic

Thanks to Humboldt Seeds for the opportunity to have a go with some of their Californian genetics.

I went for Em dog and Green Crack.

large.20171006_151911.jpg

Some wicked packaging . Like burned onto wood . pure class.

large.20171006_151947.jpg

large.20171006_152010.jpg

Bottom right you can see the little seedlings.

large.2017-10-14_13-19-56_zz.jpg

The 2 em dogs out of three are up and out of the coco. 1 was a no show.

large.2017-10-14_13-44-26_zz.jpg

Green crack 2 out of the three made it out of their shells.

1 is looking lovely, the other has semi decapitated itself and gone a bit spindly, I'm not sure it will make it.

large.2017-10-14_13-45-08_zz.jpg

Heres how they are loned up a Green crack , flanked by 2 Em dogs.

Only one of each can make it to flowering, there can be only one, I say.

large.2017-10-14_13-49-26_zz.jpg

Here is a close up of the dodgy green crack.

See if it can re grow a leaf.

Its in the hands of the gods now lol.

large.2017-10-14_13-49-46_zz.jpg

That's it for now , come back in a week to see how they have grown.

over and out

zz

9 people like this

Nice strains you chosen, and for sure it will regrow them leafs... I am crossing my fingers for you.

4 people like this

I'm smoking green crack atm mate, its a nice smoke, good luck with the rest of the grow.....

3 people like this

Firstly mate thank you for getting your HSO diary up and running  :)

Secondly nice choice of strains and we are very excited to see what you can do with the HSO brand  :)

This is going to be a fun one to watch and I'll be along for the ride  :)

Sorry to hear that one green crack has decapitated herself, apart from that the others look to be doing well in this early phase  :)

Thank you again for taking the time to document your HSO grow on UK420  :) we will be watching :)

Until next time let's see what @zztopbudzcan do ;)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

4 people like this

Another week has passed and they are at the boring baby stage. Fragile and slow.

They are growing however. The green crack with the semi decapitation went brown and died. The one Green crack left is growing fast .

You can see one of the em dogs is considerably in front of the other. The little one will have a week to show me something or it will be killed . I only need one plant of course.

Another weeks veg , coming up.

zz

large.2017-10-21_10-23-10_zz.jpg

5 people like this

Showing some nice growth over the last week mate :yep:

You definitely look to have 2 that are more vigorous with 1 lady lagging behind. As we know this can change so I would give her a good 7-10 days to see if she kicks into a more vigorous growth pattern :bong:

Thank you for the vertical update onwards and upwards lol

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

2 people like this

Another week and here they are the chosen 2.

As you can see Em dog is doing ok , normal growth I would expect.

But Green crack is really smashing it.

large.2017-10-28_12-32-58_zz.jpg

Both healthy and have very fat stems for their age I have to say.

large.2017-10-28_12-33-06_zz.jpg

Green Crack is growing at a very rapid rate. This is hg69 speed.

Anyway I think she is ready for her first topping.

large.2017-10-28_12-33-24_zz.jpg

Job done , off with her head.

large.2017-10-28_12-34-00_zz.jpg

There they are where I left them yesterday for another week .

Boring seedling veg , but Green crack has impressed me with its vigour. Might have a goodun here.

Till next week.

zz

large.2017-10-28_12-36-48_zz.jpg

4 people like this

That green crack is showing some super vigorous growth at this early stage :yep: very impressive growth so far :)

Nice to see the topping and training has started. This is our first vertical HSO grow on UK420 and I must say I'm very excited to see how they turn out :)

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

Looking great and will be back in on the next update :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

3 people like this

Cheers Mark

Righto little update.

On Wednesday I was in the room doing some topping of the canopy and I decided that Em dog was big enough to be topped.

She is the middle pot , just topped at the third node.

large.2017-11-01_15-44-02_zz.jpg

three days later she is recovering well.

large.2017-11-04_11-29-40_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-04_11-29-46_zz.jpg

The Green Crack has stretched like fuck in a week lol. Sativa much ?

That's easily doubled its size in a week . What a lanky bitch I think she is gonna be

large.2017-11-04_11-30-12_zz.jpg

She is growing well enough , here she is from the front .

large.2017-11-04_11-30-02_zz.jpg

Ive already crushed her stems twice now this past week in an effort to get her to stop growing up and put out some side shoots .

large.2017-11-04_11-30-16_zz.jpg

Here they are my seedlings Green crack and Em Dog are the 2 furthest away.

I really hope the green crack aint gonna be a super stretchy sativa.

Well I can handle her on my screen I hope.

over and out

zz

large.2017-11-04_11-31-16_zz.jpg

4 people like this

Morning all

Little update

The Em Dog has responded really well to the topping. Giving me multiple new tips . This is exactly what I need. She responds well to having her stems crushed as well and new growth from low down comes really easy.

large.2017-11-11_12-19-04_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-19-08_zz.jpg

The back view shows you at least 3 or 4 new shoots. Now I will simply begin crushing them out and create loads of new shoots and begin the plant bushing out.

large.2017-11-11_12-19-16_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-19-36_zz.jpg

Speaking of, I like to crush the stem hard enough so the foiliage above cannot support its self at all , and is floppy. That's what I did to all of them on her and then put her back in for another week.

large.2017-11-11_12-20-18_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-20-42_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-21-02_zz.jpg

The Green Crack looking slightly heat damaged as she is such a lanky girl she is a bit higher and therefore a bit more in the warm zone next to the 250w. I'm not concerned as I know her roots are warm and she can grow rapid.

This is her light facing side.

large.2017-11-11_12-21-40_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-21-46_zz.jpg

This one doesn't respond half as well to pinching . She does not want to put out low growth at all . She has had some massive pinchings as you can see below as they recover they sometimes have a hole through the stem.

large.2017-11-11_12-21-56_zz.jpg

Ive pinched these out at every opportunity to try and slow their vertical growth as you can see.

Even after all that you see side shoots are minimal. She just wants to go up .

large.2017-11-11_12-22-04_zz.jpg

These pinch points not only act like a brake and slow the vert growth but they will increase the plants ability to feed and take nutrients.

Its the reason why we do it, ideally the whole plant will have these recovery nodes , whatever they are called.

large.2017-11-11_12-22-12_zz.jpg

But in such an obviously sativa dominant strain , sometimes pinching is not enough to force the plant into new lower growth. I felt a good topping as low as I could was what she needed . Om hoping now I will see an explosion of new shoots , rather than 2 long fuckers again. I'm trying to bush this baby out a bit.

Looks a bit harsh I know but its early days . About 14 weeks before she can be flowered lol, so no bloody rush .

large.2017-11-11_12-24-22_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-24-52_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-11_12-26-08_zz.jpg

Here is their home for a few more weeks any ways . Then they will go into the other room  and be put into their positions and the long training and vegging period under the 250 will begin.

large.2017-11-11_12-37-42_zz.jpg

Then the Em dog right next door.

Buttoned up for another week.

large.2017-11-11_12-38-18_zz.jpg

Laterz

zz

4 people like this

With this style of growing I bet not every strain takes to this style of growing? And out of the 2 the Em dog looks to be a lot more adaptable to this type of grow?

She is definitely one hardy strain and has responded reply well to the topping by throwing out multiple branches which should be perfect for this style of grow  :bong:

The topping and training is going super well and let's see what another week brings  :bong:

So far really impressed with the Em dog and how well she had adapted to this grow. I'm confident that the green crack will catch up also but as said maybe some strains are better for a vertical grow than others :)

Thank you for putting so much detail into your write ups mate and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next update to check out this vertical adventure  :)

Until then keep up the great work  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

2 people like this

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, HSO-Mark said:

With this style of growing I bet not every strain takes to this style of growing? And out of the 2 the Em dog looks to be a lot more adaptable to this type of grow?

She is definitely one hardy strain and has responded reply well to the topping by throwing out multiple branches which should be perfect for this style of grow  :bong:

The topping and training is going super well and let's see what another week brings  :bong:

So far really impressed with the Em dog and how well she had adapted to this grow. I'm confident that the green crack will catch up also but as said maybe some strains are better for a vertical grow than others :)

Thank you for putting so much detail into your write ups mate and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next update to check out this vertical adventure  :)

Until then keep up the great work  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Cheers Mark

Yes you are right I'm finding some strains work better than others, some don't like being constantly topped or Supercropped either, some love it.

That's why in my little rooms its important to find the right plants.

Em dog , so far does look much more well suited to my style.

zz

2 people like this

Right another weekly update

Here  is them amongst my smaller plants . They are a bit nearer to the bulb than I had planned and are getting a slight bit of canoing but I'm not worried really. In a few weeks tops they will be going into the other room .

large.2017-11-18_22-46-30_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-46-36_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-47-24_zz.jpg

Do here is the lanky Green crack.

large.2017-11-18_22-49-40_zz.jpg

She is trying to put out them lower shoots but she don't really want to lol.

large.2017-11-18_22-49-48_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-49-58_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-50-16_zz.jpg

So you have to be cruel to be kind sometimes lol.

Once again I topped her main stem and crushed out every thing left.

I will get her to bush out.

large.2017-11-18_22-52-08_zz.jpg

Newer slightly lower profile.

Hard pruning aye?

large.2017-11-18_22-52-30_zz.jpg

Em Dog has bounced back from last weeks training as you can see.

large.2017-11-18_22-53-20_zz.jpg

Just stem crushing is enough for her to give me new shoots.

See the effects of hard pinching.

large.2017-11-18_22-53-36_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-53-44_zz.jpglarge.2017-11-18_22-53-58_zz.jpg

Times ive messed about with tape and splints trying to save accidentally broken plants. near enough decapitation and the plant recovers like this.

large.2017-11-18_22-55-28_zz.jpg

Anyway I decided that the plant could use a big signal to throw out loads of lower young shoots. So I did another large topping.

large.2017-11-18_22-55-56_zz.jpg

Slight defoil and she is crushed out completely again

large.2017-11-18_22-57-14_zz.jpg

Good and thinned out , I expect to see plenty of new regrowth in the coming week.

large.2017-11-18_22-57-28_zz.jpg

That's all on Humboldt seeds Green Crack and Em dog By B Real for another week.

I know it may be slightly boring stage but in a few weeks they will be potted up and put into the other room into their chosen positions Probably on the back wall , next to each other so its easy to photograph them. Then as they have more room for their roots growth will explode at a much faster rate.

Laterz for another week.

zz

4 people like this

You ain't half brutal with your ladies mate but that is what draws me to this thread  :)

It definitely makes a change from the norm and you have thus style of growing down to a tea :)

So far some nice growth and as seen in the pictures some master manipulation going on to bend those stems :)

Looking as expected mate :) and thank you for the dedication and continued updates  :)

Until the next one  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

2 people like this

Cheers mate

Yeh I know it seems brutal but ive got loads of time before they can be flowered so I'm thinking ahead to then when the plant is potted up a few times and more mature.

That's when all this heavy handed ness will pay off, hopefully.

zz