Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

This new form of super-strength cannabis is hitting the UK - these are the dangers

18 posts in this topic

hi

This new form of super-strength cannabis is hitting the UK - these are the dangers

Police are investigating after the substance - dubbed “cannabis shatter” - hit the North East

A brand-new form of super-strength cannabis is hitting the UK.

Police are investigating after the substance - dubbed “cannabis shatter” - hit the North East.

It could spread across the country, it is feared.

Shatter, also known as Butane Hash Oil (BHO), is made by using large amounts of highly flammable butane gas, reports the Chronicle.

That helps strip THC – the active ingredient in cannabis – out of the plant and leaves a glass-like extract that hardens to give the appearance of cooled caramel or honeycomb.

It is then broken up into small shards for users to smoke it as they would a cannabis plant.

Drug experts warn that shatter is more potent than cannabis in its traditional form.

They say it is up to 10 times stronger than normal cannabis and can cause long-lasting psychiatric problems.

The drug is also found to have more intense negative effects such as drug induced psychosis, anxiety and paranoia.

There are concerns those who produce the drug are putting themselves and others in serious danger.

The process to create the substance involves using butane gas to extract THC resin from the plant, which is highly flammable.

In the US - where the drug has become popular - there has been reports of explosions and house fires after people have tried making it at home.

This has caused serious injuries and in some cases deaths.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/new-form-super-strength-cannabis-13754727

Bongme

lol

dame 'god' for making gas combustible and plants that get you high

people are advised to hand in any lighters, barbecues, and camping bottles before this crisis becomes epidemic!

governmnet are also advising people to throw bibles and bottles of whisky at those consuming cannabis for their safety

9 people like this

lol their only a few yr behind the rest of us, bless their back in the stone age cotton socks! :doh:

dj...

13 people like this

lol

53 minutes ago, bongme said:

They say it is up to 10 times stronger than normal cannabis and can cause long-lasting psychiatric problems.

is that 10x stronger than the ever so harmful skunk ?

or 10x times stronger than the shitty solid ?

so it could be 100x stronger than the shitty solid ?

or are they just making stuff up ?

4 people like this

@catfish 100 X stronger than snoop dogs sticky icky whooeeeiee put it in the air. Aye just making it up freestyle :)

1 person likes this

will someone please think of the children

2 people like this

I've got visions of a giant yellow iceberg crashing into Newcastle. 

1 person likes this

Ah crap...

clicked here hoping for a new strain recommendation :smug:

how far behind the times could you be ffs!

Bho is sooo 2009...  Rosin is the safer alternative!  There we go, major disaster avoided.. 

1 person likes this

Is anyone really buying this stuff? cost of the weed + cost of someone making it for you.... fook that, sooner smoke the weed

1 person likes this

The brutes have ruined the phrase "I'm shattered" for us now lol

1 person likes this

:rofl:

Man this is so confusing. 

I was never able to get my head around how 'skunk' was more dangerous than a good bit of hash (the kind folk have been smoking for decades without serious risk of having a psychotic breakdown..)

I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell would be more stoned smoking 1G of strong hash compared to smoking 1G of 'skunk'

Now shatter has been added into the mix...

Just to clarify do I have everything in the correct order of danger?

shatter > 'skunk' > 'normal weed' > hash

Danger of dying from media dementia :nuke:

2 people like this