Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starbud

315w is it really comparable to...

106 posts in this topic
20 hours ago, catfish said:

ok so how would 315w of anything beat 600w of proven light ?

Umol for umol soft ran vero29 C cobs might do it or clu058 1825s , id have to do the numbers but it would cost a good few grand to build. So would be pointless really.

Im currently building a light that on paper will smash a 315cmh with yield and costs less too , well see how it does when its tested on here.

Edited by Key4

15 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Umol for umol soft ran vero29 C cobs might do it or clu058 1825s , id have to do the numbers but it would cost a good few grand to build. So would be pointless really.

Im currently building a light that on paper will smash a 315cmh with yield and costs less too , well see how it does when its tested on here.

6 x CXM @ 700mA ? 

I've no doubt that most all COB based technology will make the so called 'CMH' look like neanderthal technology 

Edited by Badders
4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Badders said:

6 x CXM @ 700mA ? 

I've no doubt that most all COB based technology will make the so called 'CMH' look like neanderthal technology 

Yep cmx22 gen 3 but only 4 on a 320-48a driver .pulls 320w and cost me less than a 1 bulb maxibright kit to build.

Hi guys seen as your all going on about efficiency I would like to suggest Quantum boards, my 150 panel just smashed the arse out of my 200 cob, and the hlg 550 is claimed to replace the 1000 watt hid, anyone tried this?

I know they are a bit more costly, but the bulbs for a cmh are a bit expensive too, I was looking into getting one but decided to get some more Qbs.Jj:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Quantum boards are too much money for us brits with the shipping and vat, you can build cob rigs just as efficient for a lot less now. Plus theres new cobs out next year too.

Saying that the lm561c strips aint a bad choice if you want to chase efficiency .

12 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

hlg 550 is claimed to replace the 1000 watt hid

Bullshit. Dunno why they claim that, even a exceptional grower aint getting 2gpw off it (1.5 maybe)

Way i see it i replace 1 hid watt for 1 led watt and if you're a good grower you will get a extra yield. Can always dimm them anyways if you want to save leccy.

Back on topic ...£90 a bulb, every 2 year,plug veg bulbs lollollol 

8 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

but the difference was really noticable, even the bud's had a different shape

to them with lot's of foxtailing

This is a bit that puts me off, if it was extra stacking calyx`s that would be great, but foxtailing wasn`t always desirable 

is it really that bad? 

1 person likes this

no not that bad but it might have been strain specific as I've only grown the Blues so far under CMH, though my current grow is a different strain & I'm only into week one of 12/12 so far.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Badders said:

6 x CXM @ 700mA ? 

dont be such a silly man . how excatly will it do that then .

look at the spectrum you would have to be the sun or plasma to better that spectrum . (you may get a slightly better spectrum ).

reallly mate take your head out of your ass

1 person likes this

@Joint hogger, Do you mean "Fox-tailing" or are you talking about stacked calyxes? Blues will stack calyxes like mad if left in 12/12 long enough (say 9 - 11 weeks), but I've never seen her produce fox-tails. Lots of people use the word Fox-tail when they really mean Stacked Calyxes.

4 people like this

thats what I was meaning Arnie  :yep: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Joint hogger said:

thats what I was meaning Arnie  :yep: 

Urm, which? Befuddled I am!

stacked calyxes.

1 person likes this

now I'm a miserable old scrote sack (before you say it), and a bit of a luddite, tech wise .....but.........

If a 630 CMH is equivalent to a 600w HPS , then the only real advantage is that the bud tastes better, yes?

If we are all agreed on that, the question should be; is it worth the price? lamps twice as expensive, ballasts about 4 times the price. (watt for watt)

Which in my case, and due to the fact my taste buds are fried, the resounding answer is no, because I'm as tight as a ducks arse.

Long live HPS, for the cheapskates among us. Couple of HPS and a metal halide does the job for me just fine

Don't even get me started on LEDs

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this

@Joint hogger Well that makes a massive difference mate :) 

I`m 99% sold now 

5 people like this

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

If a 630 CMH is equivalent to a 600w HPS , then the only real advantage is that the bud tastes better, yes?

Dont forget it's also more potent & to convince anyone further, Oldtimer has said that he's been impressed with the quality product that he's going to replace his MH/HPS kit with CMH.

If we are all agreed on that, the question should be; is it worth the price? lamps twice as expensive, ballasts about 4 times the price. (watt for watt)

what a lot of people dont realize that even though CMH lamps are expensive initially, they last for quite a few year's before there's even a 10% drop in light output,

so in theory they're cheaper in the long run when you compare buying MH or HPS lamp's.

6 people like this