Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starbud

315w is it really comparable to...

106 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, K71 said:

grow with both and while the 315 has some benifits over the 600 (mainly faster finishing plants and a gpw being easier to obtain), when it comes down to yeild the 600 always produces at least 50% more yeild.

lol if 630w of CMH is easier to obtain a GPW under how does a 600w always produce 50% more yield? lollol

Unless you're comparing 600w to 315w, in which case you probably could expect to see 10 oz more off a 600w considering it's twice the wattage and not quite twice the light output :yep:lol:yinyang:

9 people like this

I hate algebra lmao 

@Golden Syrup

Reading all of these threads , everyone is basing it on a full canopy. I'm curious , if like me someone only runs 4 x 11ltr , would a single 315 give sufficient coverage even though it's in a 1.2m2 tent? It just seems like a double fitting is a little ott. lol

Peace 

:yinyang:

@Breezus You'd still need 2 x 315w. A single unit isn't as good as a single 600w, but 2 x 315w units outputs more usable light than a 600w. It may seem OTT but it'll be worth it. Quality aside for a moment, plants do more in less time under ceramics, if you can shave 2 weeks off of a crop cycle, thats 8 weeks worth of time you've saved and generally yield will be up due to more usable light per watt and a better spectrum. 

e2a if you're on a budget fit a 315w in with the 600w for supplementation, you'll still see the benefits of having it in.

Edited by Golden Syrup
2 people like this

52 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

lol if 630w of CMH is easier to obtain a GPW under how does a 600w always produce 50% more yield? lollol

Unless you're comparing 600w to 315w, in which case you probably could expect to see 10 oz more off a 600w considering it's twice the wattage and not quite twice the light output :yep:lol:yinyang:

Yes was comparing a 315 to a 600hps

sick of hearing the bullshit from the yank forums that a 315cmh out yeilds a 600w hps. It simply isnt true and ive not seen a single grower prove it.

Edited by K71

@Golden Syrup

Cheers for that, the difference in cost between a single and double unit means I may as well get a dimlux expert 630 with master controller. I'm guessing the space required still leaves plenty for extraction & filter? 

:yinyang:

Just out of interest what is the coverage of the 630 cmh?

i know the 315 covers 3x3 but the reflect on the 630 doesn't look that much bigger.

this is what has put me off buying the 630 if it doesnt cover 4x4 then it's pointless swaping my hps out

10 hours ago, K71 said:

Seen this question asked all over the us forums and seem loads claiming the 315 crushes the 600w hps

They are full of shit.

for a start the 315 doesn't penetrate as deep as a 600. Neither does it cover as much area.

i grow with both and while the 315 has some benifits over the 600 (mainly faster finishing plants and a gpw being easier to obtain), when it comes down to yeild the 600 always produces at least 50% more yeild.

pepole do say the smoke is better from the cmh I personally have noticed no difference.

ok so how would 315w of anything beat 600w of proven light ?

ok so 600w of cmh will out score 600w of hps in any test ill put my bollocks on it .

for you to say hps weed is no difference either the weed you tried was grown crap ,shit strain or your lying .

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, catfish said:

ok so how would 315w of anything beat 600w of proven light ?

ok so 600w of cmh will out score 600w of hps in any test ill put my bollocks on it .

for you to say hps weed is no difference either the weed you tried was grown crap ,shit strain or your lying .

Eh?

think you need to re-read my post mate.

i was refering to the yank forums, i was saying that theres no way a 315 out yeilds a 600 hps.

i also said a cmh out performs a hps watt for watt.

i agree with everything you say.

i love these lights but im sick of bullshiters saying a single 315 will replace a 600. ive grown the 2 side by side and its not even close.

stick 2 in and then weve got a like for like

my final point though is true, I personally have not noticed any difference in smoke between the 2 lights and i only grow highly rated strains. 

Btw my grows are on here if they're  crap then i bow down to your superior skills oh mighty one

And the op's question was are 315 comparable to 600 hps. The simple answer is no. 

315 is comparable to 400

630 is comparable to 600

dont replace your 600 with a 315 and expect the same yeild

Edited by K71
4 people like this

sorry if what i typed came across like it reads maybe i should word stuff better .

if anyone believes that 315 can match 600w then they will always have the wool pulled over their eyes.

weve done blind tests over a year now and 95% of the time people chose the cmh bud .

maybe its you then bro ?

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, catfish said:

sorry if what i typed came across like it reads maybe i should word stuff better .

if anyone believes that 315 can match 600w then they will always have the wool pulled over their eyes.

weve done blind tests over a year now and 95% of the time people chose the cmh bud .

maybe its you then bro ?

Maybe

maybe cmh grown weed is nothing more than a placebo

1 person likes this

maybe  but i do  feel when we did blind tests over the last 14 months .

the best bit was the making people sick .

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, K71 said:

315 is comparable to 400

630 is comparable to 600

How does that work then considering a 630 is just two 315w? Is 630w comparable to 800w or is 315w comparable to 300w? 

I'm not even going to get into the quality debate, and its undoubtedly true and I can say that with confidence having grown the same cuts under both sodiums and ceramics, and friends having done the same. Not sure why you don't agree, but to boldly claim your own experience more valid than that of other members a bit foolish. I think if everyone was telling me there was a quality improvement and I wasn't seeing one I'd start to wonder what I was doing wrong, not that everyone is lying.

10 people like this

I should really get back to that thread. Never even gave it a thought that an increase in quality could be a factor.... Still, might be a lot more expense. In the winter months I can use 2 x 600w HP's, because it's colder (obviously). So what would I need to get close to this? Are there only 315 watts out there or is someone gonna think about compatibility with existing equipment and make a 600w CMH or even a 1000w? I don't understand conversions and all that but if these bulbs are the bollocks this would be a huge selling point would it not? I mean to use a CMH bulb with your existing set up would be a massive bonus????

1 person likes this

Just for clarity concerning the increased potency of CMH, I gave my old Da a pack of Ugorg Blues last year & he grows in soil under a 400w hps & it was a great smoke + it was very potent

but I took a few cut's of him & grew them under 630w of CMH (I know I'm cheating a bit with the extra 230w) but the difference was really noticable, even the bud's had a different shape

to them with lot's of foxtailing, as for the potency, well I'd say it increased it by quite a bit & have had a few mate's over who are seasoned puffers & they ended up totally mangled,

ended up having to ring for a taxi a few time's to take them home   lol

1 person likes this