Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Highfive

Potting up in stages?

Evening guys, 

i have grown for a while now and I’ve always used a 56l fabric pot, I start off with my cutting in small 1l pot and then after a week or so I pot it into the 56l pot, and veg for around 2 weeks and there about 2 ft tall. Which is enough for the size of my room, 

i always grow 2 plant under 600w, I get around 8 oz each plant but I am wanting to get slightly more so I can only grow once a year, instead of twice or 3 times,  

i use canna a&b and big bud and overdrive,  reason for this post is, if I was to pot them up in stages, for at least 3 weeks would I gain anything on yield etc? 

Like 10l then 20l then into the 56l maybe? 

@Highfive

You just need to learn about scrog and fim. Then you can get more bud sites. 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed please use @function to avoid repetition

Do 1L - 3L - 20L pots. 56L is way too big.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Stealth67 said:

You just need to learn about scrog and fim. Then you can get more bud sites. 

I always top them anyway? I’ve nevwr scrogged before neither, 

If nothing is going wrong as such.  Increase your veg time by a good few weeks.  Job done.

37 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

Do 1L - 3L - 20L pots. 56L is way too big.

56l may be too big but it works for me, and I get about 8/9 oz each plant,  I once tried 37l pot and I got 6oz,

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

If nothing is going wrong as such.  Increase your veg time by a good few weeks.  Job done.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I have a loft build so Iam limited for space, 

height is about 5 ft max, 

57 minutes ago, Highfive said:

and I get about 8/9 oz each plant,  I once tried 37l pot and I got 6oz,

I can get that out of an 15ltr pot :)

Theres no way you need a 37ltr pot to get 8oz. Just because you only got 6oz out of a 37ltr doesn't really mean anything

You do it the way you want but if you learnt to water/feed correctly a 15ltr pot would be plenty, especially in coco

Just saying :)

Owd

2 people like this

Key to decent yields is getting a very good root system going, /potting up and veg time  .

I also think  that 56L is too big.

I never went over 20l, but if you pot up in stages, you will get a better root system going. even if you just went from 1l to say 8l to 15l, the roots will fill each pot and will be more efficient in uptaking nutrients. 

if you don't have much headroom scrogging is the answer, and you should hit a gram per watt if done properly (environment and strain dependant)

good luck

3oz from a 5.6lt deep square pot, and there was 5 under 1 600, more shoots more fruits... keep the plants low and wide and just and idea... more plants and less veg time you would get same result I'd do 10x10lt pots And if you got 3/4 of them each u do the math and probably could get it down to 11 or 12 week grow with cuts 

Mr.tea