Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

reef3er

All Auto Grow

90 posts in this topic

Ok so i dropped 2 x bubba kush 2 x og kush 1 x critical 2.0 and 1 x sour diesel seeds straight into bio-biz all mix soil using 3 gallon fabric pots on Tuesday 19th September, all broke soil on Sunday 24th Sept which im going with as my day 1.

This morning (day 18) i have 1 x bubba kush 1 x og kush and the critical 2.0 all showing me white pistils......bears can smell the menstruation !

set up - 1m x 1m green qube tent,5" intake & 5" extractor/carbon filter,6" clip on and a 9" oscillating fan inside tent for air movement but swapping out the 9" for a 12" once the stems strengthen up.

600w digital ballast running 250w MH at the moment and will up to my 400w dual spec probably within the next week, i doubt i can run my 600w dual spec as temps get too high but will give a test run for a day or 2 at some point.

gave them a half strength light watering with bio-bizz root juice on day 7 and will be using bio-bizz grow and bloom feed and have a bottle of plant magic magnecal (never used any calmag product so could use some advice)

probably no need to but i gave them a quarter strength feed of bio grow on day 11, im planning on giving either a quarter or half strength watering of grow today ??(any advice welcome) as ill be away from this afternoon till sunday or monday after this watering

planning on some training/tying down once i get back in a few days (advice on this also appreciated)

this is my 3rd grow this year first was photos,second all autos,im still trying to learn and up my harvest amounts lol so advice and criticism is welcome to guide me in the right direction as far as a feeding schedule etc. is concernedill try and keep things upto date as often as possible and no doubt be looking for help along the way ! cheers for popping by

large.20170924_0835061.jpglarge.20171002_1957331.jpglarge.20171005_2305321.jpglarge.20171011_1824261.jpg

6 people like this

Look good mate for day 18, I wouldn't go to heavy on the feed till around day 28 and just work up gradually. 

Start bending over at the 5th node....90 degrees for the main stem then treat it as a side shoot. Aim to get them wide and flat, you'll need to keep tying them down till around day 45. 

Get your light up to 400 now, they will love it. Are you running 24/7? I find that works best for autos. If temps allow then 600 would be even better. 

In your tent the only problem you might have is lack of space with 6 plants, 4 would probably have been better. 

Good luck buddy

Cheers TD

3 people like this

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to document your Dinafem endeavour on UK420  :)

Secondly you look to be off to a great start with all babies looking nice and healthy and super vibrant  :)

Just for clarification are all these autoflowering strains? I think so but best to ask :yep:

Right for a bit of advice ;)

You do both photo and autoflowering strains :) . Let's say 6 at a time ;)

I would do this 

3 x photoperiod strains vegged out along side the 

3 x autoflowering strains 

Let the photos get big whilst the autos are finishing. Which should take say 70 days for your autos which will leave 3 huge photos to flower :) which should be another 56-77 days strain depending but you will have the 3 autos to tide you over until the big girls come in :yep:

This will be a fun one to watch. Needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Thank you again for starting this diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

1 person likes this

On 10/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, Topdraw said:

Look good mate for day 18, I wouldn't go to heavy on the feed till around day 28 and just work up gradually. 

Start bending over at the 5th node....90 degrees for the main stem then treat it as a side shoot. Aim to get them wide and flat, you'll need to keep tying them down till around day 45. 

Get your light up to 400 now, they will love it. Are you running 24/7? I find that works best for autos. If temps allow then 600 would be even better. 

In your tent the only problem you might have is lack of space with 6 plants, 4 would probably have been better. 

Good luck buddy

Cheers TD

cheers @Topdraw well i steamed ahead just after making this post on Thursday and gave them all a half strength feed with both grow and bloom ! they still seem happy and i bent over one of the og kush main stems yesterday and will do the rest tomorrow.

im still running under the 250w mh at the moment,my previous grows even upping to the 400w dual spec my temps usually run too high and things start goin not so great then 4 weeks into flower the yellowing starts so im hoping for help using the magnecal ive bought to try hold the yellowing off.

with autos not being light sensitive im leaving open one of the velcro air intakes on the tent which im hoping will keep temps down once the 400w is in ? my lights are on 18/6

i will struggle for space but usually when i start with 4 or 5 ill get 1 auto that decides to throw balls or hermies about 4 weeks in leaving me to start another seed thats 4 weeks behind so im kinda covering my arse incase the same happens

1 person likes this

On 10/14/2017 at 7:01 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to document your Dinafem endeavour on UK420  :)

Secondly you look to be off to a great start with all babies looking nice and healthy and super vibrant  :)

Just for clarification are all these autoflowering strains? I think so but best to ask :yep:

Right for a bit of advice ;)

You do both photo and autoflowering strains :) . Let's say 6 at a time ;)

I would do this 

3 x photoperiod strains vegged out along side the 

3 x autoflowering strains 

Let the photos get big whilst the autos are finishing. Which should take say 70 days for your autos which will leave 3 huge photos to flower :) which should be another 56-77 days strain depending but you will have the 3 autos to tide you over until the big girls come in :yep:

This will be a fun one to watch. Needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Thank you again for starting this diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

i usually always seem to get off to a good start then when i upto the 400w my temps get too high and things go downhill during flowering :( i really need to get a good disciplined feeding schedule as well with the bio bizz nutes and going to use a calmag supplement for the first time this grow to reduce yellowing that i always get about a month into flower 

they are all autos Mark and my last grow was all autos and planning to just do autos from now on although been considering another tent to do a few photos/cloning ;) 

few pics from yesterday (day 22) gave them all a litre each of plain water, bent over 1 of the OG Kush and will do the rest tomorrow and up the bulb to a 400w dual spec and hope i can keep temps in check seen as its getting cooler outside now

all plants have got white pistils though i have a feeling the bubba kush at the back right is going to throw balls at some point as its very tall with spaced internodes 

large.20171015_1333081.jpglarge.20171015_1348091.jpg

managed to get them all tied down today......and remembered id bought an Exhale c02 bag the other week so got that in tent now large.20171016_1439501.jpglarge.20171016_1440061.jpg

1 person likes this

put the 400w dual spec in and bang temps are at fucking 89.6F within half an hour, intakes and extractor both on at full wack and 2 intake flaps open in the tent,do standard hps bulbs run a bit cooler than dual specs ? would the harvest be a waste of time and effort if i just bought a 250w dual spec and ran that ?large.20171017_1127271.jpg

3 people like this

@reef3er I have the opposite problem to you mate, I'm running leds and have to use a radiator to keep the temps up. 

Would you not consider running leds when outside temps are hot and your double end light when outside temps are cold:yep:

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, Crentz said:

@reef3er I have the opposite problem to you mate, I'm running leds and have to use a radiator to keep the temps up. 

Would you not consider running leds when outside temps are hot and your double end light when outside temps are cold:yep:

i have my lights off from 12 till 6pm when its generally a bit warmer and looking forward to the lower temps outside coming for winter.

ive been considering a portable air conditioner  for the room before leds but leds are probably the better option and deffo the cheaper option.what one do you use and wot is your temps with it,is there any ones you can recommend that be equivalent to say 400 or 600w and what ones to stay away from @Crentz cheers 

i have a small tube heater which i run during seedling stage that would put temps up a bit with an led maybe

Edited by reef3er
1 person likes this

@reef3er I have my lights running the exact same times as you:yep:

I would definitely go with leds instead of the aircon, I'd rather be using the watts in light over the plants rather than climate control:yes:

I use 1x mars Hydro 48 reflector that pulls about 100 watts from the wall. 

2x mars Hydro 300w that pull about 130 watts each from the wall

and I'm adding a Migro 100 to the grow at the end of the month, this is more of a high end led https://www.migrolight.com/shop/?dppage=1

It really depends on how much your willing to spend on the leds, the mars Hydro are lower end lights that give ok results, there's mid range lights like the diy quantum board that some growers here use then there's cob leds which are more expensive and the most efficient in my opinion of all leds at the moment. 

1 person likes this

cheers for that @Crentz ill have a prowl about amazon the now :yep:

1 person likes this

Shame you can't just get it under 30 then you'd be set mate. Is there no where cooler you can draw air in from? Like near an open window. What's the ambient temp of the room you intake from? Maybe a larger exhaust fan....Don't forget to try and take your temp in the shade. 

I would consider a low dose of calmag around day28 then up if required. Only give it if needed, look for a kind of striping on the leaves. If you just have a general yellowing of leaves than that probably signifies lack of feed. 

Cheers TD

Edited by Topdraw
2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Topdraw said:

Shame you can't just get it under 30 then you'd be set mate. Is there no where cooler you can draw air in from? Like near an open window. What's the ambient temp of the room you intake from? Maybe a larger exhaust fan....Don't forget to try and take your temp in the shade. 

I would consider a low dose of calmag around day28 then up if required. Only give it if needed, look for a kind of striping on the leaves. If you just have a general yellowing of leaves than that probably signifies lack of feed. 

Cheers TD

my intake ducting is pinned to the wall at the bottom of open window and my extractor ducting is pinned up at the top of the window,room temp sits around 72-74 with lights of then the full room can hit 80+ when lights come on with the 400w,my 250w mh sat perfect around 78-80,  i have a pc running in the room pretty often which wont help :headpain:

2 people like this

thought id fire in a few bonus pictures here,a half ounce cola of Dinafem critical cbd auto !

pile of 2 and a half ounce....1 ounce of Dinafem critical cbd auto, 1 ounce of Dinafem white widow cbd auto and a half ounce of rqs northern lights auto all just about to get made into a fresh batch of oil  :yep:

large.20170922_1323111.jpglarge.20171017_1721191.jpglarge.20171017_1722471.jpg

3 people like this